Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3012906 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2370 on: May 02, 2011, 08:27:45 AM »
@ Metro you posted the changes to the General Rules regarding Cheats a while back in this Thread. Maybe that's what the confusion is about?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2371 on: May 02, 2011, 09:06:49 AM »
@ Metro you posted the changes to the General Rules regarding Cheats a while back in this Thread. Maybe that's what the confusion is about?

Ah, yes. So, I did. Two weeks ago. I have no idea why I posted that in this thread. And then Hosfac quotes me as in this thread if I had actually changed the Dynasty rule set which just added to the confusion. Okay, back to our regularly scheduled program. Lol.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2372 on: May 02, 2011, 09:33:55 AM »
Okay I need some advice. In my Dynasty I am planning who does what. This is what I have so far.

1 - Cooking, Culinary
2 - Painting, Painter
3 - Martial Arts, Professional Sports
4 - Inventing, Inventor/Military
5 - Logic, Medical/Ghostbuster
6 - Gardening, Science/Gardener
7 - Guitar/Nectar, Music/Nectar Maker
8 - Writing, Journalism

Spare Skills - Charisma, Fishing, Sculpting, Photography, Athletic, Handiness and Guitar/Nectar.

Does that sound do able? I don't know what career for the Inventor. I have never done the Self Employed Inventor, I might see with my Legacy Heir what it is like. I could have a Supermax Sculptor but I already gave my Founder and Supermax Painter the Savvy Sculptor Trait, I don't mind that the Founder has it since she only needs Best Friends, My Second Gen has the Life Time Want of Visionary as does his Wife-To-Be. So it would be a wasted trait on him and his Mother. Ahg should have planned ahead earlier! I think my plan above will work?

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #2373 on: May 02, 2011, 09:55:25 AM »
Why do you leave out handiness? It would go hand in hand with military.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2374 on: May 02, 2011, 10:21:55 AM »
It's a spare Skill, which is open for all my sims.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #2375 on: May 02, 2011, 11:16:18 AM »
Ah, yes. So, I did. Two weeks ago. I have no idea why I posted that in this thread. And then Hosfac quotes me as in this thread if I had actually changed the Dynasty rule set which just added to the confusion. Okay, back to our regularly scheduled program. Lol.

Sorry about that.  I was just getting caught up and thought that it would be a bit odd that this was not already clear.

@Samoht04:  I'd like to point out two things in your plan.

1)  The sooner you pursue the writing and nectar skills, the more money those sims will bring into the household overall.
2)  The later you pursue the painting skill as a SuperMax for an immortal, the more your museum will be worth.  However, it also means you'll spend more time training painting.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #2376 on: May 02, 2011, 11:18:18 AM »
Do you think all of your immortals will max it? It's very easy to supermax. If I were you, I'd choose it instead of writing. But both are equal, so it's your choice.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2377 on: May 02, 2011, 12:24:29 PM »
I would do the gardening/science career earlier perhaps swap it with the cooking career. If you can get the replicator you can store up to 80 plates of ambrosia. This should last you for a while.I didn't have a cook until gen four.
This is what I did with the Khalid's plus you only need one death fish and one life fruit to make all of that ambrosia.

I also agree with Hosfac let your mortals do the portraits as long as possible my third generation was the family painter but she didn't actually start doing the family portraits until gen five was a teen. Even now I wish I had let the gen five twin do some more of the portraits.

The only other advice I have is to make sure that you plan ahead for things like births and deaths. For me when it came to spouses the older the better.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #2378 on: May 02, 2011, 01:29:46 PM »
Handiness is a very good SuperMax skill for Immortals.  Sims won't train it autonomously like cooking or gardening as far as I'm aware.

However, Handiness and Writing are not equal.  Writing is extremely profitable without being extremely useful, while Handiness is extremely useful without being extremely profitable.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #2379 on: May 02, 2011, 01:46:02 PM »
Handiness is a very good SuperMax skill for Immortals.  Sims won't train it autonomously like cooking or gardening as far as I'm aware.

However, Handiness and Writing are not equal.  Writing is extremely profitable without being extremely useful, while Handiness is extremely useful without being extremely profitable.

Well, I meant that with the help of the Moodlet Manager and Neurotic trait, Writing is very easy to SuperMax, while Handiness, on the other hand is very easy too. ;) And I don't think one would need money at generation eight. There would be millions in the funds.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2380 on: May 02, 2011, 01:59:20 PM »
Problem is I've already started.  :-\ So Cooking and Painting are locked in as they have Maxed those. Unless I make Painting a Free for All.

1)  The sooner you pursue the writing and nectar skills, the more money those sims will bring into the household overall.

True, I want my Third Generation to be the Athletic/Martial Arts Sim to get that VISA. So maybe a toggle around of the Order.

2)  The later you pursue the painting skill as a SuperMax for an immortal, the more your museum will be worth.  However, it also means you'll spend more time training painting.

Because the painters will die? Hmmm, it's possible I could do that. My current Generation 2 has only painted his Soon to be Girlfriends Teen Portrait. I could make Sculpting or Photography his Supermax but Photography preferable however I have never done that before.

Do you think all of your immortals will max it? It's very easy to supermax. If I were you, I'd choose it instead of writing. But both are equal, so it's your choice.

Handiness? I don't know, I mainly left it as a free for all because I wanted my Gardener to be a Scientist, which needs it.

I would do the gardening/science career earlier perhaps swap it with the cooking career. If you can get the replicator you can store up to 80 plates of ambrosia. This should last you for a while.I didn't have a cook until gen four.
This is what I did with the Khalid's plus you only need one death fish and one life fruit to make all of that ambrosia.

Shannon got to Level 7 Gardening, planted several Special Seeds. Some are Money and Flame. Joss (Born to Agnes and Chris not part of bloodline) informs me Via Camera that there is at least one life fruit although I didn't check all. I have two Replicators already. One by the Founder and the other by Agnes or Chris. I had 6 Deathfish but now only 4 as I didn't realise Shannon was making Deathfish Sushi!  ;D

I also agree with Hosfac let your mortals do the portraits as long as possible my third generation was the family painter but she didn't actually start doing the family portraits until gen five was a teen. Even now I wish I had let the gen five twin do some more of the portraits.

It sounds like I should let the Spouses do it and then keep George (Gen2) as a Back-Up as late as I can.

Okay so here is my Logic for Gen 2. If he only does the Sculptures and the Photo's and lets Mortals do Portraits until Generation Seven/Six. I have gone too far to not do Painting as a Supermax or for a different Career. He has maxed it and is at Level 8 of the Career. Photographs from an Immortal would be worth more because they will have more of the category things completed?

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #2381 on: May 03, 2011, 03:29:05 AM »
I have not commented on this even though I am playing a Dynasty.  ::) I guess probably cause I never thought about it as I'm certainly not going for HoF! But about the BlackOps, I guess it's a good thing I already know I'm not getting in HoF. I've been having them complete them and writing them down, then when it's time for them to become Immortal, I just choose 6 off the list. I didn't know that even BlackOps had to be unique! Penny got alot more than 6 done, and Patty has way over 6, but knowing this now, is Penny still an Immortal? The one that come to mind is "Tear up the dance floor." Penny completed it, but did not count it as her requirements. Patty also completed it, so did Patty just cancel out Penny's Immortality?  :o

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2382 on: May 03, 2011, 03:44:05 AM »
The one that come to mind is "Tear up the dance floor." Penny completed it, but did not count it as her requirements. Patty also completed it, so did Patty just cancel out Penny's Immortality?  :o

Basically, yes she did. 

Quoted from the Immortal Dynasty challenge rules on the first page of this thread:

7. Complete 6 Opportunities no other immortal has completed. These can be Career, Skill, or Special Opportunities. These are your BlackOps.

The only way out I can see is if you still have six unique BlackOps that Penny completed which Patty did NOT.  Then you'd have to check the same thing for Patty.  If they both still have six unique BlackOps, you could petition Metro to allow it.  It will be tricky, though, because those six items are supposed to be in place prior to eating Ambrosia.  He would be well within his rights to deny permission for you to jiggle your records a little.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #2383 on: May 03, 2011, 03:52:22 AM »
Oh wow. No Pam, I didn't come to Metro when Penny went from YA to Elder, and I'm not going to him now for one reason. I am a cheater, I've cheated big time in my Dynasty, and I even said in my Dynasty thread I'm not going for HoF. The only reason I brought it up was I'm trying to follow the rules the best I can, and I didn't even realize I had broken this one.  :( Although it makes me sad cause I thought I was doing good, it really doesn't change anything! Thanks for answering so quickly though! I'll just have to remember this if I ever do go for HoF. Haha as if.  ;D

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
  • The round peg in a square hole.
    • Subscribe to me on Youtube!
« Reply #2384 on: May 03, 2011, 11:04:38 AM »
Not that with my finals coming up I'm thinking of starting a dynasty...who am I kidding yes I am. I have a random question. Does the founder have to be a Sim we create? Basically what I'm asking is this. In my legacy game there is a character Fauna that was born to the extended family. I never see them but her traits and looks intrigue me. I've saved her and her twin for future use for kicks one day. I think Fauna has an evilly fun story to portray. Can I use Fauna as my founder or would that ruin the entire thing?

anything