Author Topic: Sims 3 - Building and Construction Requests Thread  (Read 764045 times)

Leto85

Re: Sims 3 - Building and Construction Requests Thread
« Reply #210 on: January 23, 2011, 05:28:13 PM »
What I'm looking for is a relaxing area for the Elite sims of my town. Just a building where sims can come together to get quick and good moodlets. A drinking place with good quality nectar, a hot tub area in sauna style, some entertainment places and of course; toilets. The lot have to be build in a style that mixes up nature (palm trees would be best) and in a romanian, ritch theme to give it that luxury, exotic style, while it still can be placed in all three WA countries without being to much out of the countries theme. The whole purpose of the lot will be entertainment for a stressed out and overworked ritch sims (to fulfill the social bar and making friends)while keeping a lot of very need moodlets that last long when a sim leaves the place. On vacation the lot will be used to provide sims with moodlets that they normally can't get there, as Spa treedments and hot tubs. I hope it will function as a sort of luxury hotel or a place to get quickly stressed of between coming back from work and going to bed.
One tip; the lot need to hold both the Spa and Bistro building. And maybe some other community building if you think it needs it. Please inform me if you are overthinking that.
The size: as little as possible. Not the 10x10 things of course, but 60by60 is out of the question. Sims need to travel quickly from room to room, and a not oversized area can easly be placed in a lot of different towns or even vacation lots.
you can use every expansion and in case of Store items, please inform me first. Than I can see if I have it, or are willing to buy it.
If you like, you can draft your member name in the left or right top corner of the lot with some gardening tool, if that fits the lot.

I'm not in a rush to get this lot, but when I have something that fullfill my needs it will be used often, and placed in a lot of towns, including vacation countries.
If I am going to use this in a movie and I will upload that to youtube you will, of course, get credit for the lot.

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
« Reply #211 on: January 23, 2011, 10:09:31 PM »
Sims Lover: I'd be willing to do so, but may a prod for more specific details?  Multi-bedrooms, all skills, all amenities pretty much describes everything I've ever built and posted here lol.

Leto: Are you asking for a different lot for each vacation area and a hometown version?

Oh, sweet irony, deliver me from coincidence.

Please feel free to utilize any of my builds in any of your stories and so forth.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #212 on: January 24, 2011, 03:30:14 AM »
Sims Lover: I'd be willing to do so, but may a prod for more specific details?  Multi-bedrooms, all skills, all amenities pretty much describes everything I've ever built and posted here lol.

Leto: Are you asking for a different lot for each vacation area and a hometown version?

Oh no, just one lot that can be added in every town, in every vacation country.

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
« Reply #213 on: January 24, 2011, 10:02:14 AM »
Well there won't be any problems placing it in France, but no matter what I do the bistro is going to look off in Egypt and China.  I'll see what can be done.

Oh, sweet irony, deliver me from coincidence.

Please feel free to utilize any of my builds in any of your stories and so forth.

Offline Calgary_Rose

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #214 on: January 29, 2011, 06:38:19 PM »
I'm so sorry Calgary_Rose, for some unknown reasons I remembered your request completely wrong. After few rereading of it, it seems that you two have very similar request, except that you want big 64x64 lots, and Simstar prefer 40x30 size. You didn't say nothing about theme, so I suppose tropical will do :D
Anyway, here is what I have so far:

What do you think about so far (Calgary Rose and Simstar, but others too)?

I don't want skyscrapers.  The rest looks fine, but no tall buildings please.  If a key location is only in a tall building, like a bar/lounge/club from BP, you can find or build something similar in a shorter building.  I also don't like the combined locations like the bookstore + spa or the City Hall + military base + police station from BP.  You can copy those from another town.  A tropical setting is OK if it isn't overdone, but any theme will work if it's flat land. 

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #215 on: January 30, 2011, 02:04:02 PM »
Thank you both Simstar and Calgary for feedback, and Samoht for letting me know about it ;)

Simstar, if you liked that, you'll love what it is turning into! I'm glad you like it. Thanks!

Calgary, I already wrote that bars will be replaced mostly with danefaith's bars and that is already done (as well as some changes on comunity lots, some special lots are built, etc). I don't want to try compromising these 2 requests so none end's up pleased with the results. After I finish this little tropical island, I'll get on to your world, if someone else doesn't pick that request before.

Offline Calgary_Rose

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #216 on: February 03, 2011, 12:19:55 AM »
 :-[  Sorry, my bad!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #217 on: February 06, 2011, 03:56:45 AM »
How would you place different buildings, which are basically considered "lots" on one lot?  You can't just take the Bistro off it's lot and move it to another lot, can you?  Leto, did you specifically want the building known as the Bistro or did you want A bistro built? Building a bistro and a spa and other items and putting them all on one lot is possible but not sure how you'd move specific buildings around.  Be happy if anyone knew and could share this info as it would help a lot with a project I'm working on.

Speaking of more than one building on a lot, Waylon's (I think it's a dive bar), is a fairly small pub in a huge building which is semi-attached to another huge building.  I am sooooo going to build up both buildings and put multiple things in both.  Apartments up above, stores, eateries, clubs on lower levels.  Put it on a large enough lot and you can have an entire entertainment/vacation area in the one spot.  Would not work for Leto's request though because of the style of the buildings.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #218 on: February 06, 2011, 11:24:12 AM »
Joria, in build mode on comunity lots there is a section where you can find objects for comunity lots, which include all rabbitholes, butterfly dome, radio tower etc, and subway and public music, bouncer robes etc under misc in same section. This way bistro, spa and all other rabbitholes are just big objects you can't customize (change pattern or shape) but you can place as much and as many as you want on same lot. It will be a same as plaza is in SV - grocery store, bookstore and theater are all on one lot but you get separate icons in town view. I'm not really shore how would combination of buildings and properties work (these are categories in real estate menu in game).

Calgary, it's fine, I misunderstand your request too, so I hope you don't mind that!
I had a horrible problem with harddrives and processor, so I lost ALL saved files in both Sims and CAW. And I was so close to finish that nice little island. But after short grieving period I'm back on track, and I already create new island, placed all rabbitholes and almost all comunity lots, as well as 10 residential lots. I'm now on bars and other comunity lots such are garden(again) and creating families, but overall, I'm further with this world than where I was when posted that pictures. Hopefully

Leto85

« Reply #219 on: February 06, 2011, 03:48:58 PM »
It seems that my previous text didn't come through here. Therefore sorry guys, as I thought to have answered you all already. To answer you all at once, my idea was to have a lot with the facilities that I've mentioned before and the apearance of the Bistro and Spa. You can just place them on a lot and how exactly is just up to you. All that may could be important is that both buildings can be accepted pretty easy and are connected properly without interfering with the cameras movement when playing the game in Life Mode.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #220 on: February 07, 2011, 01:58:09 PM »
Leto, so it wouldn't have to exactly match each country's basic decor but basically a generic type building or two that has nice landscaping and an elegant feeling to it?  This could be a fun challenge to play around with.  I'll give it a shot but no promises.

----------
My No Buy Story

Leto85

« Reply #221 on: February 10, 2011, 10:23:54 AM »
Leto, so it wouldn't have to exactly match each country's basic decor but basically a generic type building or two that has nice landscaping and an elegant feeling to it?  This could be a fun challenge to play around with.  I'll give it a shot but no promises.

Take your time Joria. You don't have to hurry. Thank you for trying this. :)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #222 on: February 15, 2011, 03:16:58 PM »
Leto I am so focused on the challenges now it will be quite a while.

----------
My No Buy Story

Leto85

« Reply #223 on: February 15, 2011, 04:49:12 PM »
Leto I am so focused on the challenges now it will be quite a while.

It's no problem. I actually am glad you say so as I have been thinking and considering about this whole lot if I still need it. I actually think I don't anymore so I hope I haven't made someone trying to build it yet. :S

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #224 on: February 16, 2011, 03:00:37 PM »
Great.  That's actually a relief as I want to focus more on game and maybe get my dynasty back on track.

----------
My No Buy Story

anything