Author Topic: Sims 3 - Building and Construction Requests Thread  (Read 764001 times)

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
Re: Sims 3 - Building and Construction Requests Thread
« Reply #225 on: February 16, 2011, 07:30:07 PM »
That's actually a relief as I want to focus more on game and maybe get my dynasty back on track.
Goody! ;D
Formerly Simstar3

veronica55

« Reply #226 on: February 18, 2011, 07:31:01 PM »
I am a fan of the "Resident Evil" game series. I used to have a wonderful replicate of the "Spencer Mansion" where the very first original game takes place in old TS2 days. (I had downloaded it from somewhere) But when I switched to TS3, naturally I don't have it any more since as far as I see no one made it for TS3 yet. (Except someone who tried from ModTheSims but later gave it up where I took the images from) It is a huge, complex mansion with a lot of corridors, hallways and staircases that are connected to eachother in a way like a maze. I tried to make it myself a few times and ended up failing each time so I decided to trust one of the TS3 professional architects out there ! ;)
The blueprints are like this :

To see how the each room look like, you can watch the walkthrough of the original game Resident Evil on youtube. (Not resident evil remake-that's different)

I would really really love to have this mansion in my game, any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Note: Not the right place to tell this but since it's very related to my building request, I would like to mension it here : The only custom item I will seriously need for this mansion is a really big grandma style dining table. (Big like 9x4 sim squares) that will give the identity to the dining hall of the mansion. So this is also a part of my request if possible.

There is also a more clear floor plans here :
http://uk.faqs.ign.com/articles/368/368498p1.html
http://faqsmedia.ign.com/faqs/image/engel_re-mansion.gif

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #227 on: February 18, 2011, 07:53:06 PM »
Welcome to the forum veronica!
Although it is a big request, I'm sure sombody will be happy to make it for you. However, if you mean a "custom dining table" as 3rd party CC, that isn't allowed to be put up on the Swap Shop, and most members don't use CC.
Just letting you know, so you won't be dissapointed.
 :)
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

veronica55

« Reply #228 on: February 18, 2011, 09:26:36 PM »
Welcome to the forum veronica!
Although it is a big request, I'm sure sombody will be happy to make it for you. However, if you mean a "custom dining table" as 3rd party CC, that isn't allowed to be put up on the Swap Shop, and most members don't use CC.
Just letting you know, so you won't be dissapointed.
 :)

Thanks Ruby ! Yes, it is not something that can be done in a few hours, I am just hoping that there's someone out there who likes that game like me and will have fun recreating this huge spooky mansion :)) I am sure there will be many other people who will love to have it in their game too.
About the dining table, if I can't find such a big table, ts3 cheat codes will help me to put many small tables attached together so they will look like one big table ;)) The thing which is the most important to me is the mansion itself, it doesnt even have to be fully decorated, I can take care of that myself.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #229 on: February 18, 2011, 09:39:42 PM »
I am a fan of the "Resident Evil" game series. I used to have a wonderful replicate of the "Spencer Mansion" where the very first original game takes place in old TS2 days.

I am a huge fan of those games as well, and while I have toyed with the idea of recreating the Spencer Mansion on numerous occasions, three things have stopped me:

1:  It's a daunting task.  The mansion is monstrously large, and in reality, it's more of a maze than it is a house.

2:  My desire to maintain the authenticity of such a project would be extreme.  Such a project would be a labor of love, and due to my obsessive-compulsive nature, I would be utterly insistent that every last detail was perfect, or at least as perfect as I could make it.  Thus, it would almost require me to play the console game simultaneously, at least far enough through to where I can safely navigate the entire house.

3:  The Spencer Mansion is a great setting for the Resident Evil game.  But as far as houses go, it's layout is nowhere close to functional.  For a house that big, it has 1 bedroom (2 if you count the store room with the cot in it), 1 bathroom, close to a dozen studies, and a hand full of rooms which can only be described in terms of the Sims 3 as "strictly decorative."  This is not even mentioning the fact that the kitchen is down the hall and down an elevator from the dining room.  Even in the setting of the game, I do not believe the mansion was actually lived in.  It was intended more to camouflage the entrance to the base that was beneath it, and to frustrate anyone who might go snooping around looking for it.

With all this said, I still think it would be utterly awesome just for the sake of having it.  I'm just not sure I'm up to the task.  Let's just say that I completely understand why that other guy gave up on it.  This is something that could drive someone insane lol.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

veronica55

« Reply #230 on: February 18, 2011, 10:14:13 PM »
Thanks for your post Hosfac, I totally understand what you mean and agree with what you said. It is a HUGE work but it doesn't have to finished in a hurry. In my point of view it can be achieved by processing it slowly just like weaving a big quilt by hand day by day ( hope I could explain properly what I am trying to say lol not native english speaker here! ) About the functionality, it won't be the ideal housing for a legacy sim family for sure lol ! It is not designed for living in it, it is designed for trying to survive in it !!
Anyways, in spite of everything as you have said, it would be utterly awesome just for the sake of having it ! If only we had the online multiplayer function in ts3, it would be awesome to be able to build on the same lot ! (just dreaming it here :))

Leto85

« Reply #231 on: February 19, 2011, 05:28:56 PM »
I am a fan of the "Resident Evil" game series. I used to have a wonderful replicate of the "Spencer Mansion" where the very first original game takes place in old TS2 days. (I had downloaded it from somewhere) But when I switched to TS3, naturally I don't have it any more since as far as I see no one made it for TS3 yet. (Except someone who tried from ModTheSims but later gave it up where I took the images from) It is a huge, complex mansion with a lot of corridors, hallways and staircases that are connected to eachother in a way like a maze. I tried to make it myself a few times and ended up failing each time so I decided to trust one of the TS3 professional architects out there ! ;)
The blueprints are like this :
To see how the each room look like, you can watch the walkthrough of the original game Resident Evil on youtube. (Not resident evil remake-that's different)

I would really really love to have this mansion in my game, any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Note: Not the right place to tell this but since it's very related to my building request, I would like to mension it here : The only custom item I will seriously need for this mansion is a really big grandma style dining table. (Big like 9x4 sim squares) that will give the identity to the dining hall of the mansion. So this is also a part of my request if possible.

There is also a more clear floor plans here :
http://uk.faqs.ign.com/articles/368/368498p1.html
http://faqsmedia.ign.com/faqs/image/engel_re-mansion.gif

Wow, Veronica! That really is well made. How can I even improve this work? It's just perfect as it is.
Maybe you could upload pictures of the look of the building from outside?

One question, because of all those rooms, is it actually playable? I mean, isn't it a run from the left top corner to the right down corner just from getting from the bed to the nearest toilet, for example?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #232 on: February 19, 2011, 06:37:17 PM »
One question, because of all those rooms, is it actually playable? I mean, isn't it a run from the left top corner to the right down corner just from getting from the bed to the nearest toilet, for example?

That was exactly what I was talking about.  The poor sims would wet themselves on the way to the bathroom, pass out on the way to the bedroom, and would be extremely hungry by the time they took the food from where it was cooked to the closest place where they could sit and eat it lol.  And in all that house, there is one real bedroom and a single bathroom lol.  There is definitely no lack of studies, though. 

veronica55

« Reply #233 on: February 19, 2011, 07:26:53 PM »
Leto85, I think I need to make something clear first, the ts3 building shown in the images isn't my own. I found them while searching for the mansion, checking if someone already did it for ts3 but the thread was old and the guy who made it just gave up. Anyway, to be honest it doesn't seem like to be made perfectly in my opinion. It was just ok if I could download it, I could try to improve it myself at least.

We have been talking about the functionality of the place with Hsfac as well. Every simmer who has enough experience with the game can clearly see that actually it is not functional at all for normal game play. I think will mostly be interesting and fun especially for those who played and like Resident Evil series :)) It will be just sooo cool to have it ! ohh and my poor sim Jill Valentine can have a place that she actually belongs to LOL :)

veronica55

« Reply #234 on: February 24, 2011, 02:23:05 AM »
Today I have been trying to build it myself again. I think everything would be perfect if only I could have managed to create the mail hall staircase. I followed a few tutorials about how to build modular stairs, how to use CFE cheat, but those stubborn stairs didn't let me create my spencer mansion grrrrr. I had never realized before how easy it was to build modular stairs back in TS2.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #235 on: February 24, 2011, 03:58:46 PM »
You might find this thread useful.  There's a way to do it without cheats:

http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/index.php/topic,2819.0.html

Offline Bellalupa

• Llama Wrangler
  • I am not addicted to Sims 3! *twitch*
« Reply #236 on: February 24, 2011, 09:58:16 PM »
Hello awesome people of the forum. I need help. I love Bridgeport. I love the Ambitions Buildings. What do not love is the premade ambitions buildings in Bridgeport. They just look... :'(

Is there anyone who would be willing to build one or more of the following: Fire Station, Salon, Consignment Shop, Laundromat.

In a 'city' theme, unlike the current ones. I think the lot size is 20 x 30, but please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks guys! ;D

Added: Forgot to say, I have all the ep and sp, as well as the Full Ultra Lounge Set (the one that costs 1,900 simpoints) if that makes a difference. Thanks!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #237 on: February 24, 2011, 10:00:35 PM »
Hi Bella.

We have a construction requests thread.  I'm merging your topic with it.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Bellalupa

• Llama Wrangler
  • I am not addicted to Sims 3! *twitch*
« Reply #238 on: February 24, 2011, 10:04:20 PM »
Hi Bella.

We have a construction requests thread.  I'm merging your topic with it.

Oops! *headsmack* Thanks Pam!

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #239 on: February 25, 2011, 04:19:05 AM »
So you want someone to rebuild the Ambitions Buildings for Bridgeport, do you want them all on the same lots as before?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

anything