Author Topic: What's your current project?  (Read 85684 times)

McHazy

Re: What's your current project?
« Reply #180 on: February 01, 2014, 11:42:51 AM »
Having finished a complete reinstall of the game (Pets will just never work with my PC  :( ), I've simplified and now playing with just 5 expansions. It seems to be the limit for my poor computer! So starting small in Riverview with my latest creation Adrienne Bachman. Her LTW is to become Leader of the Free World. Wish her luck! Oh, and she's going after poor Jebidiah Wilson for his good genes - she wants to have a child too at some point. Marriage is optional given her Ambitious streak.

Here's Adrienne posing for the camera.....

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #181 on: February 03, 2014, 04:34:45 PM »
McHazy, I love Adrienne's top. I can never get that hairstyle to look good on any of my Sims, either!

In other news, my frozen game is fixed, turns out my Simbot had over 1000 scrap in his inventory! Once I sold it, the game unfroze. Currrently in the game, I made my very first IF real, and am currently working on the Simbot challenge (as my Simbot is a LTW one). I have the pink diamond, but I have two Sims working on getting the ten gems to unlock the cut. I think my Simbot is closest as he's already found the pink diamond.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MeestorMark

• Townie
« Reply #182 on: February 05, 2014, 07:31:28 PM »
I have a pretty easy way to get the ten different gem types to unlock the heart shaped cut...

You just need your sim to have a decent bit of cash and a town with a consignment store, elixir shop or both.

Then you just go to the consignment shop early in the day and queue up eight buys at the register. I then buy everything besides music boxes, cameras and gnomes that shows up. Their inventory will fill up again next interaction with new stuff. Gems and metals are routinely in the list and it really doesn't take very long for ten different varieties to show up. The game counts each new one you buy as "collected".

The good news is that skill books, guitars, toys, trampolines, and the virtual reality goggles can be immediately sold back through your inventory tab for profit. Nectar, fiction books, art, and inventions you buy can be consigned back to the shop as well for profit when they sell.

The elixir shop works a bit differently, but any gem dust you buy there also counts as a "collected" gem of that type. So getting to ten different types usually happens in just a couple of sim hours for my sim when I want to do this.

It is also a pretty decent money making strategy too. ;) The consignment shops are like delayed-effect cash machines. Lol.

Offline Mahmeya

• Townie
« Reply #183 on: February 07, 2014, 01:35:22 PM »
It might be kinda weird (maybe wicked) to some people, but I once noticed that sometimes genetics in sims3 do strange things.
So now I'm breeding horses - usually one of light and one of dark color - to see what the game will come up.
At third generation, it starts to look interesting, and confirms my thought that there's not much logic behind the genetics.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #184 on: February 07, 2014, 04:15:59 PM »
Since I just got my computer back from the shop - it will be to re-install all my content and EP's/SP's.

A hard job - but the end result will be sweet ;D

Offline Shay

• Townie
« Reply #185 on: February 07, 2014, 05:55:49 PM »
I so understand having to re-install. Done it a few times myself. Good luck.

Offline HelenMoriarty

• Grimmy's Girl
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #186 on: February 09, 2014, 03:09:24 PM »
Newbie here, hi everyone :D
Love the ideas in this topic. Following blogs and Let's Plays is an ongoing project... so many great stories out there!
Until recently, I played the Simpsons (base game only) for the longest time, having the kids age up eventually was HARD. Bart was fun to play even as a YA. After kicking him out eventually, I caught him messing with ladies several times (Helen Lovejoy, ugh!) or sporting his rock star outfit. But I abandoned that save after Lisa died in a fire :'(
Right now, I am playing a household of two teenagers who lost their parents mysteriously right after they'd moved in 8) It's rather relaxed, although school eats quite a bit of their time.
Shameless advertisement!

Grimmy's Girl (Helen's story, in progress)

Emily escapes (A homeless teenage witch, in progress)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #187 on: February 09, 2014, 03:24:07 PM »
Researching (and buying) a new desktop PC so that Sims 3 (and Sims 4) can (hopefully) run a lot smoother for me.

Offline Fleiding

• Everybody lies.
  • Nooboo
« Reply #188 on: February 17, 2014, 10:42:28 AM »
Getting used to playing The Sims again and trying to get my designer skills back.

Offline Sindocat

• Fairy Godfather
  • Townie
« Reply #189 on: February 20, 2014, 06:37:17 AM »
My current project is raising a kid for the very first time!

I know, it's old hat to most, here. But as many couples as I've played, I have tended to keep it focused on them, their skills, careers, etc.

But the couple I am playing in Dragon Valley both wanted a first child at the same time, and they have help in the form of a live-in mother( (-in-law), so I decided to try it.

It has probably passed the 7 Sim days, but I have lifespans way extended in my game, so Jaime is still a toddler. I want to get the most out of the books & toys and just the experience before I let him age up to child.

Memories are in my Studio for anyone curious.

Also in my Studio is my latest lot for the Exchange. This is the first think I have built for another player, responding to a request in the build forum. This one was really a study in roofing, where I felt I needed practice. I think it came out well: Woodhall. I might have to move my witch and ghost fairy in there, myself. :)
"Who cannot draw upon three thousand years is living from hand to mouth." - Goethe

Offline sammymcgoff

• Budding linguist
  • Townie
  • Rwy'n byth ifanc
« Reply #190 on: February 20, 2014, 10:23:57 AM »
I've just got Island Paradise, so my Simself has just had twins boys, fathered by Rubisel Ichtaca. One brother is a clone of my Simself and the other one looks just like his daddy (and will grow up to be just as handsome). They're only toddlers at the moment, but I had a peek in CAS.
The Twinbrook Genetic Challenge

Offline Randox

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #191 on: February 20, 2014, 11:44:05 AM »
After coming back to this game from a little break, it took me about a minute to have my fill of bugs in my Bridgeport save where I left off (I don't know if it's just me, but I find that map to be nonstop errors).

What I ultimately decided on was to wind back the clock a bit (I've been gone long enough that I don't mind too much repeating some of the things I suspect were not included in this copy of the family I was playing) and add an adopted genie daughter to the house for fun after making a new game in isla paradisio.

The genie seems handy, and I'm thinking of turning the rest of the family into supernaturals as well for kicks. Probably witch, mermaid, and fairy or vampire (fairy would make more sense considering the location I think. Also more useful to me).

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #192 on: February 20, 2014, 02:39:17 PM »
In between working on my Immortal Dynasty (which is so hard; my favorite sim is 96 days old and could go at any second) and just goofing around, I've decided to embark on a somewhat strange challenge: mapping out familial relationships in DV. I don't mean the actual families, I mean who could share a common ancestor with whom based on slider and appearance as YAs. To that end, I'm gathering the DV ghosts, resurrecting them, and de-aging the older ones for comparison. I'll be doing the same with the homeless townies. The snag is, of course, that Aine and Fintan Mithrilen look enough alike to siblings themselves so, yeah, trying not to think too hard on that and that the ghost townies probably didn't have that skin tone in life. The Lawlesses seem like they could be related to Cara Gallgher just based on those really, really square faces and thin lips which the rest of the Valley (mostly) avoids. I'm a biologist so these kind of family trees interest me a lot.

Offline Justin2108

• Llama Wrangler
What is your current sims household doing?
« Reply #193 on: February 20, 2014, 03:44:19 PM »
I am just wondering what other people are doing with their current household. ;)

I have a household called the Carvers. It started out with Ashley Carver. She is an aspiring writer and wants to become an acclaimed author. She meet her husband in Monte Vista. His name is Jayden James. They fell in love got married and decided to go to university. Ashley got a communications degree and Jayden got a physical education degree to suit his lifetime wish of being a superstar athlete.

They went home and due to Ashley's good trait they adopted a toddler boy called Cody and soon adopted a boy called Max. They moved to Twinbrook to get away from an annoying ex-boyfriend and moved into a big house. She joined the journalist career at level 4 and Jayden joined his job as a level 4 in the Professional Sports.

She soon got pregnant and had twins today. A girl called Matilda and a boy called Sam. I have decided that I need to build a new house for them to hit in. Thanks to the inheritance award and the lotto I will be able to survive. Will post pics soon.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #194 on: February 20, 2014, 07:02:04 PM »
Hello Justin, and welcome to the forum! I merged your topic with the bigger "What is Your Current Project?" thread, because it fits nicely with that thread's subject. I also merged your two posts together. Please think before double-posting in the future.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded