Author Topic: What's your current project?  (Read 29143 times)

Offline sammymcgoff

• Budding linguist
  • Townie
  • Rwy'n byth ifanc
Re: What's your current project?
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2013, 09:51:54 AM »
I'm on stage 3 of my Dragon Valley challenge, and my Simself has now had kids with Fintan Mithrilen and Bradan McGrath. I plan for her to have kids with 9 of the townies in this save (which, according to the Sims wiki is half the adult male population :o). Both kids favour their mom, but Fintan's daughter did get his eye shape.
The Twinbrook Genetic Challenge

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2013, 04:44:39 PM »
I'm still working on my random town jump, but I've also been reading Eld's Immortal Dynasty. I'm about 12 pages in. It's a very in depth, emotional journey.

Good luck with your random town jump and thank you for your kind word, KRae :)

I'm on stage 3 of my Dragon Valley challenge, and my Simself has now had kids with Fintan Mithrilen and Bradan McGrath. I plan for her to have kids with 9 of the townies in this save (which, according to the Sims wiki is half the adult male population :o). Both kids favour their mom, but Fintan's daughter did get his eye shape.

Wow, I always amazed to see people with quick progress :) ! I can’t wait to hear more from you about Dragon Valley genetic :D

I'm currently still working on the phase 07 but I was stopped working on it to reading people stories and I feel sleepy now because I was listening Frank Sinatra and The Carpenters songs all the way *yawn* I think that I need to hear cheerful song like Jambalaya ;D
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sammymcgoff

• Budding linguist
  • Townie
  • Rwy'n byth ifanc
« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2013, 03:29:02 AM »
Good luck with your random town jump and thank you for your kind word, KRae :)

Wow, I always amazed to see people with quick progress :) ! I can’t wait to hear more from you about Dragon Valley genetic :D

I'm currently still working on the phase 07 but I was stopped working on it to reading people stories and I feel sleepy now because I was listening Frank Sinatra and The Carpenters songs all the way *yawn* I think that I need to hear cheerful song like Jambalaya ;D

I've now done Dorren Delaney, my Simself's had another girl (in fact she's only had two boys throughout the whole thing). This time, she's more like dad
The Twinbrook Genetic Challenge

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2013, 06:15:50 PM »
I've now done Dorren Delaney, my Simself's had another girl (in fact she's only had two boys throughout the whole thing). This time, she's more like dad

That's good to hear. Well, I haven't touch my save game on Dragon Valley but I have met the Sims that you mentioned and some of them have a good looking ;D

I'm working on Phase 08 and playing my Dynasty little by little, why one Sim day seems so long for me? I want to use fast forward but I don’t want to miss every moments that my Sims do. I'm also playing another file for the future preparation, so I don't have to capturing screenshots anymore especially when I need them.

Currently playing: Moonlight Falls

My Stories:

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2013, 06:41:27 PM »
Hi everyone,
my current project is a sim I made and am playing in Roaring Heights. She's now a Mad Scientist and is about to take her first ever trip to Egypt. I'm hoping that I can get her to level 3 visa. Usually I get bored by the time I'm level 2 so this time I'm really keen to get to level three and buy a holiday home.
I've decided to try to super max as many skills as possible but I'll only probably get three done as that's my highest so far and I can't seem to break my own 'high score'.  :P
I've looked at all the rules for legacy's and they just plain scare me! I just can't see how I'd ever make it even through a sim fortnight... let alone various generations!.
I love reading other peoples legacy stories though. Some of them are just so amazing.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
« Reply #80 on: December 16, 2013, 06:51:39 PM »
Hi, Playalot welcome to the forum! :) Well, have fun with reaching lv.3 visa! It's so much fun to have own home than being a freeloader at vacation camp :P I hope that you'll create your own legacy someday!

My current project right now is to catch up with people stories before I get sleepy ^^

My Stories:

Offline linmayu

• Townie
  • Founding Member of the Arlo Bunch Fan Club
    • What Happens In Twinbrook Stays In Twinbrook
« Reply #81 on: December 16, 2013, 08:12:22 PM »
I always play with a specific and weird goal in mind.  Right now I have an 8-person, all-male household in Twinbrook (named Sausage Fest :D).  I also dropped a bunch of my other households from previous saves into the town.  The goal is to see how many freaky Twinbrook babies I can cause to be born (both from my household and story progression), and how many times my inactive sims can make me cry by getting romantically involved with freaky Twinbrook townies. 

The project was inspired partially by the 67-page thread on children born to townies, and partially by the fact that my sister has created more than her share of Twinbrook drama (and keeps showing me videos of the swimwear parties, etc xD).

The first household I ever created was based on the Worzen family from Legacy of the Wizard (and if you recognize those names, you get a million points for being awesome).  In this current game, I put Xemn and Meyna in the town as YAs. Xemn is in my Sausage Fest house and I am trying to get the two of them together to start the family.  Sadly, Meyna has other ideas, and has already had a freakish blue-haired baby with Lincoln Baker...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MissyLovesSims

• Sim Fanatic 1st Class
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Loves all things Sims!
« Reply #82 on: December 16, 2013, 09:01:30 PM »
I am attempting an Immortal Dynasty soon. Doing a practice run to see how it goes before I start one to actually finish. Couple weeks in (Sim time),  so far so good. We'll see how it goes.

Also, looking forward to the Perfect Challenge coming up in January. I'm thinking up my strategy so I will be ready when the time comes.
Missy

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
« Reply #83 on: December 16, 2013, 09:29:08 PM »
Welcome to the forum, linmayu and MissyLovesSims. I hope that you're having fun with your project as I’m having fun with my projects!

Oh, when I was taking a bath, I have idea on my mind for the next story, but it’s not my main project, so I will focus on Twinbrook's story! One Man, One Woman will come up soon :)

My Stories:

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #84 on: December 16, 2013, 10:37:06 PM »
Hi Eldridge, thanks for the welcome. I've just cracked level 2 visa... so I'm on my way. Actually this time its going really well. I think that in previous games I was trying to do too many things all at once and not really getting very far with anything.
Reading all the forum posts is making me start to think about stories of my own.
I was thinking of making a StarTrek house with all the main characters and then they have an adventure in Oasis Landing... :P

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Luna

• Silent Reader
  • Immortal
  • The time is always right to do what is right :)
« Reply #85 on: December 17, 2013, 07:59:41 AM »
I'm still reading people stories. I guess that's my main project now. Real world keep me busy from playing and do anything that I loved.
Just enjoy being yourself, you're unique, special and no one ever create story like you ♥ - Luna -

My story:
For The Children - Chapter 6: Adorable

Offline laugh-dream-love

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #86 on: December 17, 2013, 12:59:00 PM »
I have a few projects on the go, although none of them are really 'projects' lol.
One of my 'projects' is my time traveller. His LTW is Made The Most of My Time, and he's almost completed it, he just needs his legacy statue. He's in Dragon Valley, and married Shannon MacAnna. He has a gorgeous daughter named Ismay, and I'm planning on either making her an adventurer, or stylist. I'm also renovating their house. So far I've done the 'snug', or family room, the kitchen/diner, the master bedroom, the ensuite, and Ismay's nursery. A lot of work left, seeing as there is a huge space on the ground floor, the whole first floor, and a third bedroom on the second floor. I'm hoping that I can carry on the family for a while, but I usually get bored after a few generations.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2013, 01:23:33 PM »
I have now completed my build I'm doing with a friend - so I will have more time for my 4x4 dynasty. However, Christmas is coming, so I don't think I will get much simming done those days...

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #88 on: December 17, 2013, 05:02:29 PM »
I usually play with handsome or pretty Sims, so I took a different route from my usual gaming. I took Sims which has unique feature... like Arlo Bunch they’re not my taste which in my first sight I usually say no no… but in Riverview version.
I'm doing that in my current game, as I always tend to make a female Sim that looks too perfect, she gets married to a nice looking Sim, have nice looking kids. All too picture perfect. So now I made an average looking female Sim, she has three kids to three different fathers. I made a married couple to put in Riverview with my family, and I had fun with the sliders and they look so...weird. Anyway, my Sim cheated with the married sim, and had a child. He looks a lot like his father lol. So I'm just doing the general gameplay different to what I usually do. Plus I just got Generations, so having fun working out everything in that, too.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
« Reply #89 on: December 17, 2013, 07:44:06 PM »
Hi Eldridge, thanks for the welcome. I've just cracked level 2 visa... so I'm on my way. Actually this time its going really well. I think that in previous games I was trying to do too many things all at once and not really getting very far with anything.
Reading all the forum posts is making me start to think about stories of my own.
I was thinking of making a StarTrek house with all the main characters and then they have an adventure in Oasis Landing... :P

You should create one when you have the right time or feeling or whatever it is ;D
That was lovely idea, I would love to read your story someday!

I'm still reading people stories. I guess that's my main project now. Real world keep me busy from playing and do anything that I loved.

I also catch up with other stories as well. I just couldn't believe myself how much chapter that I still have left behind to read. Just thinking of it just urgh...

I enjoying myself with exploring Sunset Valley together with Nikita Alto and bring town genetic from male townies :) I'm amazed that the children are gorgeous. I thought that they would be ugly ;D Hmm...  Beside of that I'm still working on the next case for my second story though and reading the list of book that I want to finish and also there's movie that I want to watch :)

My Stories:

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #90 on: December 18, 2013, 07:33:58 AM »
I'm having a lot of fun with my Random Legacy at the moment. I'm not playing the rules to the letter as there are a LOT of rules and some of them don't really suit my playing style. It's more to try out careers and such that I might not have tried before and I love the concept of he different family structures. I'm also playing with two of my favourite Sims from my 4x4 which makes it all the more enjoyable.
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #91 on: December 18, 2013, 09:51:58 AM »
My Wonderland dynasty is fun to play, I'm not going to post it until it's complete (I seem to get bugs and hardly any potential spouses as soon as I share them on here x.x)
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #92 on: December 18, 2013, 12:07:56 PM »
I have two projects in the works. 

The first is a "Short Dynasty" which was coming along well until I got distracted and broke my own rules (hahah!) so now I'm playing it for fun.

The other is a dynasty of sorts... I'm working my way through ALL the LTW's.  My own rules were I play each set of LTW according to the order the expansion pack came out, as well as moving the Sims to the town that came with the expansion pack.  Other rule is I needed to have the people in the house achieve their LTW before moving out.  Which was easy with some of the wishes (mainly skill wishes that they could work on as kids) but the career LTW seem to drag on, especially when you are trying to make a new family and you don't have space!  So far I've done all the vanilla LTW and almost done the World Adventure LTW's.  (My last two wish holders are children and they are working on skills, mainly photography, but I have to travel everywhere with one of them, and kids are really boring traveling since they can't actually explore anything :D)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #93 on: December 18, 2013, 12:23:01 PM »
The other is a dynasty of sorts... I'm working my way through ALL the LTW's.  My own rules were I play each set of LTW according to the order the expansion pack came out, as well as moving the Sims to the town that came with the expansion pack.  Other rule is I needed to have the people in the house achieve their LTW before moving out.  Which was easy with some of the wishes (mainly skill wishes that they could work on as kids) but the career LTW seem to drag on, especially when you are trying to make a new family and you don't have space!  So far I've done all the vanilla LTW and almost done the World Adventure LTW's.  (My last two wish holders are children and they are working on skills, mainly photography, but I have to travel everywhere with one of them, and kids are really boring traveling since they can't actually explore anything :D)

This sounds interesting, there are heaps of LTW's I've never even come close to completing - Maybe I will try something like this some time. But I have so many other projects I want to try now :)

Right now I have a sim with the Journaslist LTW - I don't think I've ever completed it before - and it's from the base game. So much left to do with sims 3 !

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #94 on: December 18, 2013, 05:02:16 PM »
This sounds interesting, there are heaps of LTW's I've never even come close to completing - Maybe I will try something like this some time. But I have so many other projects I want to try now :)

Right now I have a sim with the Journalist LTW - I don't think I've ever completed it before - and it's from the base game. So much left to do with sims 3 !

I'm on at least the 5th generation with this LTW dynasty... it takes a (really, really, really) long time.  And that's with my sims having 5+ kids each generation!  Like you, I also hadn't touched on a ton of LTW even from the base game (heart breaker, gold digger) so I got to experiment with those as I worked my way through them all (alphabetically was the easiest way).

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
« Reply #95 on: December 18, 2013, 09:55:24 PM »
Everything that I planned ruined because of the stupid real world. Hmph.

For now I'm focusing into gathering material so let alone about creating stories. My project is continuing the Genetic Challenge with Nikita Alto and having fun with it. And then, there are piles of books that I must finish before 2014 come, there are several movies that I want to watch... and other stories that I want to catch up in this forum.

Oh, there also a family quality time in near time (which is rare) so updating stories would be unavailable. It’s two days holiday, one would be five of us (My Dad, My Mum, My Sister and My Grandma) and other day with my family alone go to theme park! I can’t wait for that day to come. I bet that I could gather so many ideas for my stories XD

My Stories:

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #96 on: December 18, 2013, 10:12:24 PM »
@ Eld - I hear you on real life. Between being on-call at work, medical stuff, and preparing for the Christmas holiday I'm short on both simming and writing time. :/ Frustrating, that...but at least the holiday stuff is mostly pleasant.

My project focus at the moment (in what little spare simming time I do have :P) involves familiarizing myself with the ins and outs of Seasons so I know what I'm getting into when I get back to my story files.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
« Reply #97 on: December 18, 2013, 10:21:20 PM »
@ Eld - I hear you on real life. Between being on-call at work, medical stuff, and preparing for the Christmas holiday I'm short on both simming and writing time. :/ Frustrating, that...but at least the holiday stuff is mostly pleasant.
My project focus at the moment (in what little spare simming time I do have :P) involves familiarizing myself with the ins and outs of Seasons so I know what I'm getting into when I get back to my story files.

Hope the best for the both of us. Finger crosses for me and you, Raia.

I also figure how to deal with dynasty situation with this Genetic Challenge especially about Super Maxing thing and everything so it's not totally a waste of time as I had something on my mind about the story that would be involving them *grin*

Oh, I have plenty of male Nick kissing men would be come in the future, especially just for you Raia, I had that idea when you said to me that when Nick kissing Geoffrey was interesting. Nick only becomes Nikita when he needs the baby ::)

So far I had 3 pictures of Nick kissing men. It’s Geoffrey slim version, Beau and Dustin. Soon I’ll collect each one of Nick kissing all men in Sunset Valley, which was a wonderfully ewwy project. Oh, Nick has manipulator reputation now due having relationship with three men and soon will be four with Iqbal :P

My Stories:

Offline Luna

• Silent Reader
  • Immortal
  • The time is always right to do what is right :)
« Reply #98 on: December 19, 2013, 12:45:46 AM »
@Eld: Interesting, I never thought about that, Eld. Collecting kissing photos also can count as a challenge as well. But, hmm… if he had that reputation, so all this time your own challenge you also play hide and seek relationship? That also can count as a challenge as far my experience with Simming my cheater never survived the fate for being accused as a cheater. Do you plan to take Don Juan or Man Eater as your secondary goal?

Oh, my current project is reading people stories. That's all.
Just enjoy being yourself, you're unique, special and no one ever create story like you ♥ - Luna -

My story:
For The Children - Chapter 6: Adorable

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #99 on: December 19, 2013, 03:16:12 AM »

Oh, my current project is reading people stories. That's all.

That sounds like a fun and relaxing project :)

anything