Author Topic: What's your current project?  (Read 85694 times)

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
What's your current project?
« on: November 26, 2013, 04:39:32 PM »
I know a lot of members play Dynasties etc, but I know there must be a lot like me who are newer to the Sims and just play it normally. So what's your current project? Are you renovating a house, building a mansion, redesigning the town?
My current project is building a wedding chapel/reception venue, on the lot next to the waterfall in SV. I only have the base game and LN and a couple of stuff packs, and minimal store content, so it was a bit of a challenge getting the interior how I imagined it in my head. The actual building is okay, I'm not 100% happy with the steeple/spire bit. So I'll tweak that today.
So what are you all working on?

Offline Luna

• Silent Reader
  • Immortal
  • The time is always right to do what is right :)
Re: What's your current project?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 05:02:58 PM »
When I use my created Sims, I usually just explore around the town to meet the world resident there. There always interesting Sims that we can find. Or, I just play around with the premade family. I look into their biography and I play whatever I want just like Miley ::) based on what described about the family.

Other than that I usually look up Contest that match my interest or if there’s someone who need help at swap shop, I’ll gladly help them if that match my interest, it helps me to add a fun challenge. And I usually loved to do a stylish job to makeover world resident that I know; you know it’s like make them from ugly to pretty just changing their style.

Personally, I'm not a writing person but I loved reading other stories. From reading, that help me gather so many ideas for many things that I want to do with my project :) I’m also not a builder… But, I loved to try even the result is terrible for my own taste, but it’s still good than do nothing ::)
Just enjoy being yourself, you're unique, special and no one ever create story like you ♥ - Luna -

My story:
For The Children - Chapter 6: Adorable

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 07:18:39 PM »
Luna, you are a writer! I'm really enjoying your orphan project. I do dynasties, but I don't write. I'm working on a random town jump now. It's a simple project and a good way to explore.

Offline Luna

• Silent Reader
  • Immortal
  • The time is always right to do what is right :)
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 07:43:44 PM »
Luna, you are a writer! I'm really enjoying your orphan project.
Thank you for your kind word, KRae, but I never do any writing before I publish my project, really ;D
Glad to know that you're enjoying it :)

Now, back into the topic:
I also loved to see townies gene, so I usually do some pairing and find out how it works.
Just enjoy being yourself, you're unique, special and no one ever create story like you ♥ - Luna -

My story:
For The Children - Chapter 6: Adorable

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 08:06:42 PM »
My sole simming project at the moment is my immortal dynasty. Writing its story is an entirely different beast and I'm still scared to start that part of it. :P
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 08:51:43 PM »
My sole simming project at the moment is my immortal dynasty. Writing its story is an entirely different beast and I'm still scared to start that part of it. :P

I wish that I could see your story again, Trip. Maybe someday, right ;D ?

My current project… 

Hmm, mainly it’s to keep my interest on Simming. I’m quickly bored on everything, though. But, if I have a high interest on something, everything could happen if I wanted to.

I do Immortal Dynasty and other story though but my main project is still my Dynasty as my first priority. Beside of that I play other neighborhood and I usually pick someone who has background that I wanted, or someone who people never notice around if they’re actually exist.

I also working on their story and ties them to my Immortal project, this is I do to keep myself entertained. So, I’m not only enjoy my Dynasty, I also can enjoy other neighborhood as well enjoy other expansions provide.

Oh, I only play short when it comes to Simming but I took so many screenshots, so I can play around with that and move on with the story even my Dynasty didn’t have real progress like others.

Other than that I read people stories in this forum, but that was not counted as project yes?

I also read books, browse through internet or I asking around for something that related to my project or my current interest and gathering ideas. It seems that my style of learning is through storytelling :(
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 09:48:30 PM »
I have two simming projects going on at the moment: a random town jump (still in its infancy) and a story project. Whenever I get bored playing one I switch to the other. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Jamie

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 10:28:26 PM »
I have a few dynasties started but I always lose interest very quickly. I can't wait until the day I decide I'm actually going to finish one.  ::)

Instead, I'm going to each townie's home (currently in Sunset Valley) and giving them makeovers and possibly redecorating their houses.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 11:16:39 PM »
I have a few dynasties started but I always lose interest very quickly. I can't wait until the day I decide I'm actually going to finish one.  ::)

Instead, I'm going to each townie's home (currently in Sunset Valley) and giving them makeovers and possibly redecorating their houses.

Yes, I tend to do that all the time, give the townies makeovers. Generally I leave their faces and body shapes alone, I just change their hair (especially that ugly Agnes hairstyle lol). I quite often change their clothes, too.
I just took a punt and downloaded Riverview this morning. After a couple of loading issues (freezing while loading etc), it works great (no lag). So I've been playing that today and working on getting my sim out of her trailer home, and will build her a nice big farm for when she can afford it, as she's a cook/gardener/angler.

Offline Sherry

• A stressful student mostly. A 0,01% nice
  • Immortal
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 11:55:02 PM »
I'm currently focus on my dynasty project.
Such a funny bunch they are. So I am currently trying to not taking too much photos which usually I failed.  ::)
You want to see a miracle? be the miracle - Bruce Almighty 'God'
Everybody Lies - Gregory House

My current Goth project Goth Affairs
A Blood Red Dynasty My first try in dynasty

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2013, 12:23:11 AM »
My current project is an article for Carl's Guide.  I'm playing and writing about the new LTW that came with Into the Future, Made the Most of My Time.  I'm using Banana Dreamweaver for those of you who know my Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty family.  She went to the future and changed her look a little bit with new clothes, hairstyle, and makeup.  She looks horrid now.  Ha!  I'm supposed to have this article finished before Thursday, but it's getting to be a lot longer than I expected.  There's so much to play and write about.  Ok, back to work now.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Teacup Chihuahua

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2013, 02:36:47 AM »
Hi my current project is to get level 3 visas in all world adventures worlds.I got fed up with all bugs and the lagging before :'( So fingers crossed for this time around.

Offline Justwright

• Townie
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2013, 09:13:30 AM »
I have started another Apocalypse Challenge.  I tried one about a year ago but had too many bugs and glitches after 3 generations.

Offline M

• Nooboo
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2013, 09:46:58 AM »
My current on/off project is a little island world, currently codenamed Alphaville. The landscaping is all done, public lots have been done, residential lots have been added, and a few houses have been built.  There's bits i'm struggling with, but it's all going well so far.

Offline marwolfer

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2013, 12:35:15 PM »
I'm trying to play through a legacy. I had started a 4x4 dynasty, but after moving halfway across the world, my game somehow picked up a weird bug that I couldn't fix. I usually get bored before the second generation is even born, so we'll see how well this goes. ;)
Origin ID: marwolfer
Check me out on the gallery!!