Author Topic: What's your current project?  (Read 85779 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: What's your current project?
« Reply #225 on: April 12, 2014, 01:48:29 AM »
I'm currently exploring Roaring Heights after finally getting it to download and install properly.  I absolutely love this town.  It may be my favorite.  The architecture and style of the houses is exactly like it was back in the 1920s.  Very different, but fantastic.  The Sims in town just make me laugh with their names.  They are playing on famous celebrities from the era and I can recognize a lot of them.  My favorites so far are the Marks brothers:  Sharpo, Grumpo, Dyno, Glummo, and Sneako.  I'm also getting a kick out of Gabe Ruth with his baseball diamond in his back hard, Elliott Nest, Oliver Harbucks, and May West.  After this, I'm thinking about doing the current portrait challenge or playing my Townie DecaDynasty.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #226 on: April 12, 2014, 06:23:41 PM »
I'm making my way through Sunset Valley improving everyones quality of life. I play one family for a while, let them get a few promotions, skill up a little and teach the toddlers a few skills then swap households. I've also added a few of my own sims and play them from time to time. This is what I do while in between something more defined. Its like I'm make a perfect town which is really relaxing to play, and it's really fun building and designing each house uniquely for the personalities that live there. I have aging off so things just tick along at a leisurely pace.
In another game I'm trying out traits and professions that I don't normally play/use. I've also got an immortal dynasty trickling along in it's second generation but the teenage years are quite slow!

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline linmayu

• Townie
  • Founding Member of the Arlo Bunch Fan Club
    • What Happens In Twinbrook Stays In Twinbrook
« Reply #227 on: April 13, 2014, 12:40:06 AM »
Just got World Adventures and my family of 5 is hanging out in China and kicking each other in the head at every waking moment. :D

Offline Justin2108

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #228 on: April 14, 2014, 03:58:28 PM »
Moved family to Isla Paradiso. They have lots of money from selling nectar, plumbots and gems. Split family but had five kids first generation and have three gen 2 kids. It is going well for them.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #229 on: April 16, 2014, 01:20:27 PM »
I'm currently doing the immortal dynasty challenge, and it's one of the most entertaining projects I've ever done. I also tried a random legacy challenge. Pretty fun!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #230 on: April 16, 2014, 05:28:33 PM »
I just finished an immortal dynasty so I think I'll go back to an orphanage project I started a while back. Perhaps I'll try a decadynasty. All those black op requirements scare me though.

Offline Acustical

• Llama Wrangler
    • Misssimmy
« Reply #231 on: April 18, 2014, 11:39:12 PM »
I'm currently playing and writing about my Asylum Challenge. It's the first challenge I've ever done seriously and it's turned out to be heaps of fun! I never knew that watching Insane Sims would be so entertaining! Of course, I've published the story on my blog, which is in my signature, but it's still a work in progress.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline blackforest0

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #232 on: April 19, 2014, 11:07:05 AM »
I'm currently playing and writing about my Asylum Challenge. It's the first challenge I've ever done seriously and it's turned out to be heaps of fun! I never knew that watching Insane Sims would be so entertaining! Of course, I've published the story on my blog, which is in my signature, but it's still a work in progress.

I read what you had already wrote and that challenge does look interesting. I might be doing one of my own, but I'll probably throw in a witch or two to make things really interesting.

Offline Acustical

• Llama Wrangler
    • Misssimmy
« Reply #233 on: April 19, 2014, 10:34:31 PM »
I read what you had already wrote and that challenge does look interesting. I might be doing one of my own, but I'll probably throw in a witch or two to make things really interesting.

Yeah only being able to control one Sim while there are 8 running around certainly is interesting.

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #234 on: May 11, 2014, 08:36:57 PM »
My current project will be restarting my new immortal dynasty.  I failed three times with this attempt already.  The first time, my founder aged up to adult without her YA portrait completed.  The second time, she had all but one of her requirements finished when she aged up to Elder without an heir.  This last time, she was three hours short of completing her final requirement when she died.  I am really bummed because I put a lot of time into the house.  Agnes Crumblebottom has been chosen for a dynasty spouse many times.  I fell in love with her house and decided to use it as my dynasty house.  I recreated it from the bottom up and then created a mirror image of it on the other side of the lot.  I am so excited to share my screenshots of the lot with you just as soon as I remember how to log back on to Photobucket.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #235 on: May 11, 2014, 08:41:02 PM »
My project is a story I have started and re-creating all of the familiar sims, Bella, Mortimer, the Pleasants, Don Lathario, Calienti sisters and the Dreamers.  It is going to take some doing, but it should be fun and interesting and very time consuming.  Telling the back stories from each sim and then creating my own version.  Going to be interesting since Brandi Broke is not even born yet, so that will take some time to re create.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #236 on: May 11, 2014, 09:14:47 PM »
My current project is getting back into the swing of things! All three of my projects (two story projects and a just-for-fun with the Bayless family) have seriously fallen by the wayside lately and I seriously need to get going again! Darn you, real life. :P

Offline Alakazaam

• Nooboo
« Reply #237 on: May 12, 2014, 02:33:28 AM »
I'm currently making a creative family tree. A normal human marries a French man and have four children (one from the first pregnancy and three from the second.) The first child falls in love with an Imaginary Friend Sim and they have two children. Unfortunately I didn't get one that was an imaginary friend Sim, but I did clone the imaginary friend Sim father and will be setting him up with the imaginary friend Sim the child had gotten.

One of the children from the second pregnancy of my original Sims married a mermaid and they will be expecting children soon. I'll have to check up on them the next time I play. I moved them into a house and set up a baby room for them so everything's prepared for some mermaid babies, hopefully. :D

I'll be continuing with my imaginary friend Sims in the meantime though. I just love imaginary friends, honestly. I think they're fun to make stories for.
When they have children, I'll probably get the child to marry a vampire, since I haven't really dealt with a vampire family before. After that will probably be werewolf, then I'll see if I can get a plant Sim. I'll keep going until I eventually get bored and start a new save.

Offline simlover16

• Townie
    • The Power of Knowledge Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #238 on: May 12, 2014, 08:42:31 AM »
I am currently working on the Immortal Dyansty challenge. I had a first attempt back in the summer was a fail after the file got corrupted and my dad threw away my spreadsheet on accident. My second attempt is not going as smoothly as my first which is making me nervous...
"You're waiting for a train. A train that'll take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you. But you can't know for sure. Yet it doesn't matter. Now, tell me why?" -Dom Cobb

Offline VioletG

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #239 on: May 13, 2014, 02:44:53 AM »
Mostly I am working on my "Lifetime Wish" Legacy (in which I try to fulfill all the lifetime wishes in the base game with one multi-generational family - linked in my sig.

But I get restless really easily so I always have to have a couple of side projects. When I need a break, I have been building houses based on homes I like in magazines on empty lots in Sunset Valley. I have also been playing around with the families in Dragon Valley.

Recently I got antsy playing without expansions so I installed the game and all my expansions on a separate laptop and have been playing a Random Legacy. It looks complicated, but if you use the app to "roll" for you, it makes it pretty simple. It's fun because it's gotten me to introduce some elements into my game that I normally don't do, but make it kind of fun. I also like how the generational goals are varied and aren't all just "Max X Skill" or "Get to the top of X Career"

It's dangerous reading this thread because now I have some new ideas for things I want to do, like go into the towns and give everyone makeovers and home redesigns, and create sims for fictional characters that I like.