Author Topic: Sims 4 - Weird pictures, funny posts, or something new?  (Read 321049 times)

Online Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: Sims 4 - Weird pictures, funny posts, or something new?
« Reply #1155 on: April 07, 2024, 01:55:16 AM »
I used to see sims drink in the bathtub a lot, but I haven't for a long time now.  Pouring a drink to enjoy during a long soak makes sense, but-- getting in the tub just long enough to down your drink?  A strange animation for them to take the time to make.
I guess I never happened to have them do it when the bathtub was broken though.

Online ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #1156 on: April 20, 2024, 11:48:29 AM »
So if you do remember one of my older threads I had some problems in the past. When neighborhood Stories came in it did some damage to my laptop install of The Sims 4. Not only did it kill of Alice Spencer-Kim, it also had the family adopt a baby.  (And I did the situation worse by setting Mr Eric Lewis up with a woman who had a teenage daughter. 3 kids are more then I can play). I do not play the family but I did check in on this them today out of pure curiosity.  And I found something very strange... As told, the family did adopt a kid. But for some reason the girl (now aged up to a toddler) is not the daughter of Eric. She is his sister...?  ??? :o *Head scratching noises*

SisterHow.jpg

Edit: The mothers name corrected.
Unpopular opinion: I like the Sims 4

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #1157 on: April 20, 2024, 02:17:54 PM »
Have you tried looking at the family tree, to see exactly where she fits in?  Because I wonder if it made her the daughter of Dennis Kim.  Except no... that makes her a sister-in-law, or maybe no relation with Alice gone.
But I have seen some wonky stuff with family trees.  In San Sequoia, from the Growing Together pack, there's a household of Eleanor Sullivan (the white-haired old lady who wants to help you with your infants all the time), Xochitl Luna, and Xochitl's daughter Karmine.  Eleanor and Xochitl do not show as related in any way, although I never thought to check from Karmine to see if it shows her as her grandmother.  I had my created sim marry Xochitl, and Eleanor became my sim's mother!  Maybe Eleanor is supposed to be Xochitl's mother-in-law, and then it decided that if she's my wife's mother-in-law, she must be my mother?

Online ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #1158 on: April 20, 2024, 03:46:25 PM »
Have you tried looking at the family tree, to see exactly where she fits in?  Because I wonder if it made her the daughter of Dennis Kim. 

I did not check it at the time of playing but I went into the game now just to check it as I found it interesting... And No, Viktoria only seems to be related to Eric... and his mother Vivian.
Vik1.jpg
And this is the family tree of Olivia
Vik2.jpg

Online Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #1159 on: April 21, 2024, 10:19:53 AM »
Ah, I forgot that Vivian Lewis existed!  So when the "Spencer-Kim-Lewis" household adopted Viktoria, it specifically made her the daughter of Vivian.

Online ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #1160 on: April 21, 2024, 11:41:44 AM »
Yeah, that make sense. I never fought that it was the older sims who adopted the girl. It never crossed my mind...  :-[

Online Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #1161 on: May 10, 2024, 11:11:55 AM »
I had a sim have an interesting first day last night:
She's in a micro tier tiny home in the BFFs' neighborhood.  They show up for the Welcome Wagon that evening.  At some point, Liberty Lee got angry about something.  My sim's attempts at calming her down failed, which just made it worse.  In the micro tier, relationship gains AND losses are greatly exaggerated, so in no time they despise each other and are having a huge argument.  Liberty becomes enraged, and keels over dead.  My sim cheered the Grim Reaper while he collected her, and ended up becoming good friends with him!
She had a happy moodlet for the next two days from watching Liberty die.  I swear, she's not normally like that!  She was trying to calm her down, and apologize, Liberty was having none of it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #1162 on: May 10, 2024, 03:05:04 PM »
That was something...  :o I hope it was just a bug.

You won't understand this image without an explanation but I will give you one!  :) This anthropoid canine lady is Ms Hannah Rama and she is visiting the family who lives on this lot. I'm sure there are behaviors that are intended to be "inappropriate" in game play... but sims helping themselves to a meal or a drink out of someone else fridge does not seem to be on that list. So Hannah did grab herself some juice. After that she discovered that my sims had a coffee maker, walked up to it and had at least two cups (I don't recall if she were the one who brewed the coffee in the first place but it might as well have been). When the pot was empty she instantly brewed another pot. But before she had anything to drink she had a "very unpleasant bladder situation" and had to use the toilet.  Now one of my sims took the chance to have a cup of coffee. But only halfway in Ms Rama returned and you better believe she drank the rest of the coffee! Oh boy!  ::)

Online Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #1163 on: May 12, 2024, 03:31:10 AM »
That was something...  :o I hope it was just a bug.

No, not a bug.  Just a perfect storm of normal game mechanics.  The smallest tier of tiny home from Tiny Living, one of the perks is faster relationship gain.  However, it also means faster relationship loss from negative interactions.  It's a chance roll whether "Try to Calm Down" will work or not, and my sim had no Charisma yet.  A fail will make them angrier, arguments tend to break out, and it all goes downhill from there.  And if your sim becomes Enraged, you need to figure out how to calm down, ASAP, before you die of cardiac explosion.  Full red bar of negative friendship, my sim was pleased to see her keel over.

Online ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #1164 on: May 12, 2024, 04:22:58 AM »
Aha OK, I understand. Speaking about Liberty Lee. I was playing the BFF household yesterday and it was Winterfest. Liberty did get this in her gift package. She loved it!  :o :(

2024-05-11_13-24-37.jpg

anything