Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1236862 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #90 on: December 22, 2009, 03:04:41 PM »
Well glad you did Kreathyr. It's up to number 20 nowadays :)

On google I was going to search carl sims 3 guide, but once I typed in "Car" your site was up under the suggestions; I am not certain if it was a one time thing or not however.

Yeah, it' made it on the autocomplete although not that famously: It's being bested by Carl's Steaks and shoes but seasoning is taking a beating. Lol, anyway..

Spunky and Schipperke: Glad you like the guide and welcome to the community

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #91 on: December 22, 2009, 04:26:24 PM »
It's being bested by Carl's Steaks and shoes but seasoning is taking a beating.

Where I live you're getting beat by Carlsberg. No shame in that. 8) :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

serendipity

« Reply #92 on: December 24, 2009, 03:37:29 PM »
Found this site via Google! Hi everyone, I'm serendipity and I've been playing the Sims for over a year now. I stopped playing Sims 3 back in Sept. due to school, but now I'm back in the mix!

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #93 on: December 24, 2009, 03:55:35 PM »
Welcome Serendipidity.

sfsfsfgiants

« Reply #94 on: December 24, 2009, 06:59:35 PM »
What's going on you guys?

I am 17 years old and have been playing The Sims for a while, and have this site favorited the entire time, and I love it.

Hope to have some fun on here.

Offline MegTrog

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #95 on: December 24, 2009, 07:56:43 PM »
I should introduce myself properly, I suppose!

I'm a mother of a one year old and have been too busy until recently to even think of getting the Sims 3.  However, I am pretty confident that I will be receiving a copy tomorrow (and hopefully World Adventures too), so I'm really excited about diving in and playing.  I've been playing the Sims since the original game, but this is the first time I've received my copy of the game without trying out somebody else's, so this should be fun!

Offline Mrs.Laphalot

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #96 on: December 30, 2009, 08:22:58 AM »
Hello peeps!! What a gem of a find I have found here! Woot!  Hmm...warning: Long intro, watch your head!  ;D  I'm a SAHM of 2 wonderful teenage boys, ages 16 & 13 and married to the most awesome man in the world! He has made sure that I have every Sim game/expansion/stuff pack to date since the release of Sims 1,  which contributes to his awesomeness, lol.  ;D  (Not the 'MySims', never had an interest in those.)

When I got Sims3, it was fun at first, but Sims2 still had me wrapped around it's finger and I didn't play much of 3 at all. It ended up sitting in its case ignored. Then, WA was released. Hubby got a copy hot off the shelf, brought it home and said "maybe this will spark interest anew for 3!"  He also bought a new graphics card for my desktop computer and Wow! He was right! (I still only have the base game on my laptop due to the fact I may wish to play without all the new WA stuffs!   ;) )After installing the card and the game, cursing under my breath a bit at all the trouble I had with EADM and updates, uninstalling base game, rinse & repeat a couple of times, I finally got everything to working correctly. Well, almost everything. Riverview...ugh!! I just don't play in Riverview since most of the community buildings are missing. But anyway, while in pursuit to find a cure/fix for Riverview, I became very sidetracked when I found Carl's Sims 3 website! OMG!! It felt like finding a pot of gold at the end of the screwy rainbow!  ;D

I spent a few days reading and all the while blown away, thinking I can't believe Sims 3 has all that stuff to do, and all the thought that has gone into the trait combinations and the impact on a Sim's life!  I should have suspected such integrations from my Sims 2 experiences but I'd never really given the 3's base game a chance you see.. Oh! And then I found --- The Challenges!! What fun!! Now, I'm not a forum type-a-gal. But I decided I had to come to the forums and get in on the new Sim action I'd found, and here I am  ;D

I am a Sims 3 newb. But with all the wonderful content and talent I've found here & at Carl's, I'm positive that I will learn fast. And I already know for certain that I'll enjoy your good peoples' company as I do so.  ;)

Happy Simming~

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #97 on: December 30, 2009, 08:46:49 AM »
Hi Laphalot and welcome to the site! I'm glad the challenges caught your eye. It's no secret that challenges are a main attraction to yours truly given the amount of time I spent in that section. Jump in the new one starting in a couple days. It should be a lot of fun and you don't need to feel intimidated. All of the experienced players are here to help and can guide you to success.

RoyalPlumbob

« Reply #98 on: December 30, 2009, 12:52:44 PM »
Hi everyone!  ;D

I´m using my same name as in the official forums, RoyalPlumbob. I have the Grimmy as my avatar!

I found this site while I was navigating through the forums and clicked on Carl´s signature, which redirected me here. You guys do an awsome job on the guides, everytime I check, I learn something new! Also I like the forums very much, since here if someone has a problem, everyone tries to find a way to fix it and learn from it unlike the oficial forums where everyone just complains at ``how horrible´´ ::) the game is  :(. I will  to help in anything I can, and hope to make buddies  :P.

P.S. Carl, Pam I sent you friend requests on the official site, I hope it´s OK  :-\ .

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #99 on: December 30, 2009, 01:09:58 PM »
You know, I've been here often enough to make 'Junior Member' and realised I've never properly introduced myself, so here I am.

30-something mother of 1 with another on the way (so expect me to disappear for a while in spring :o), married to a lovely husband (who bought me TS3 and WA).  I've been playing Sims since the original and enjoyed all of them.  I'm a bit of a book-worm, and I guess I'm now family-oriented, I can cook a bit but hate housework.

Love this site and the guide so well done Carl, Pam & Metro for making it so good.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #100 on: December 30, 2009, 01:14:02 PM »
I can cook a bit but hate housework...

You too? I keep waiting for servo to show up at my front door, but he never does.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2009, 01:20:00 PM »
I can cook a bit but hate housework...

You too? I keep waiting for servo to show up at my front door, but he never does.

I got the impression they were more trouble than they were worth,  what with rubbish (OK 'garbage'  if you don't speak English properly  ;D) being thrown around and having relationships with your partner! :D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2009, 04:40:12 PM »
Hi RoyalPlumbob and welcome to our forum!

I'm glad you clicked over to find us and that you're enjoying yourself.  We're trying to be exactly what you describe...  a warm and friendly place where folks can get help with the game and not get lost in all the whining or just be ignored.  We're very happy with how the site and the forum are doing, and we especially love our wonderful members!  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #103 on: December 31, 2009, 04:45:38 PM »
Hi Cassi and welcome to the forums. Unfortunately, this is the second time in an hour I've needed to step in and ask you to edit your post. Revealing your sexual preferences has absolutely no place on this forum. Remove that from your post please. Thank you.

(Again, I waited for you to make the move, but lost patience. Cassi, this is a family friendly forum, so please keep that in mind with your future posts)

Offline Tealeaf

• Townie
    • Annie Takes Off
« Reply #104 on: December 31, 2009, 11:15:15 PM »
Hi everyone.

I'm Tealeaf, long time sim player and first time poster.  /waves!  I'm 45, female, and married forever.  I'm hoping that I can fit in with this online community of people who like Simming as much as me.
I'm Tealeaf, and I approve of this message.

anything