Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1236185 times)

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #105 on: January 01, 2010, 01:28:07 AM »
Hi Tealeaf  ;D  Welcome aboard!  I'm 45 also....isn't it funny how all of us "old chicks" love playing the sims?  LOL

Kauri The Sim

« Reply #106 on: January 01, 2010, 02:10:23 AM »
Hello :)

I am Kauri The Sim, otherwise known as Kauri, pronounced Corey. Most people read it wrong, just think of an apple CORE - (KAUR) and go Eeeeeeeeeeee!

I've read this website for a while now and love it! I also end up reading the same things millions of times over because I seem to forget things (I think I have short term memory loss) ;) .

My Sims isn't even working. so I haven't got to actually play it yet (my computer is evil).

I can't think of much else to say, so bye!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #107 on: January 01, 2010, 07:53:25 AM »
Hi, I'm Samoht04

You can probably guess that's my name backwards (Thomas).

I love the sims. I started with Sims 2, got all the expansion packs and now have Sims 3 with the World Adventures on the way.

I looked around on here and think it's much better than the Sims 3 forums because I've posted on there before and never got answers, but I haven't seen a single persons question not answered apart from the new ones. The Guide is also really usefull!

Samoht04
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #108 on: January 01, 2010, 01:31:50 PM »
Welcome Kauri and Thomas!!  Glad you could join us here on the forum  ;D

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #109 on: January 02, 2010, 03:12:13 AM »
I have a feeling I'm gonna be around here for some time, so I should introduce myself.
I'm Norma, but have been using Twinmum as a screen name since we first got the internet connected (back then, my twins were babies and being the mother of twins pretty much defined who I was. Now I'm the mother of 4, grandmother to one, a keen miniaturist, huge Stephen King fan (even helped write a book about his work) and of course a sim fan. I've always liked sim type games.. Sim City, Sim Tower, Sim Farm etc... I bought the original Sims just after it was released and collected all the EP's, then Sims 2 came out and I started over. I think there was only one stuff pack that I didn't get for the game (Sims 2 is still on this older computer and is still played on a regular basis by my daughters). When Sims 3 was advertised I blatently refused to be suckered into starting all over again. But of course I think that was only because my aging computer would have had a heart attack trying to run it. I think I bought TS3 2 days after we bought the new computer lol. Hubby bought WA for me a few weeks ago but wouldn't let me have it till Christmas and I'm loving it.
I love building houses in the game and I always play a few sims who don't work, but support themselves through gardening and self employment ( I loved Open for Business in TS2), so I'm really enjoying WA. My current family is a couple - She is a writer and photographer who travels. He stays at home and tends the garden and makes nectar. They have just had their first child, so he also is Mister Mum while she travels.

At the moment, I can't play Sims 3 too often.... school holidays have only just begun here in Australia and 2 of my daughters have just discovered Sims 3 (they have been playing Sims 2 for ages) So untill school goes back at the end of January, the 3 of us have to fight it out as to who gets the good computer! So I spend a lot of time at the moment reading forums on this computer lol
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #110 on: January 02, 2010, 11:14:38 AM »
Hi Norma.

I love Stephen King too, especially the older stuff. :)

So untill school goes back at the end of January, the 3 of us have to fight it out as to who gets the good computer! So I spend a lot of time at the moment reading forums on this computer lol

Maybe you'll get some ideas for when you get the computer to yourself again. And you should read some of the walkthroughs in the guide, they're fun.

Rad

« Reply #111 on: January 05, 2010, 10:45:40 AM »
Hi!

I'm Rad, I'm from the UK, and I just found there was a forum here as well as all the useful tips so I thought I'd join!  I have various stories, legacies and challenges on the go, which you can follow here Rad's Sims Stuff and I look forward to getting stuck in a bit more  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #112 on: January 05, 2010, 03:44:16 PM »
Hi Rad, welcome.  I thought I recognised the name, I've been following your Lazarus story and occasionally posting on the Apocalypse thread on the official site.  Hope you enjoy your time here, I've found the forum team and members a great bunch.

Mistletoe143

« Reply #113 on: January 05, 2010, 10:55:40 PM »
Hi everyone,  :D

I've been lurking on this website for the past month, ever since I found Carl's awesome guide through Snootysims.  So, I have finally decided to join and start participating on the forums--mostly because you all seem like a great group of people!   ;D

I used the same user ID as I have on the official forums: Mistletoe143.  I used to play Sims 2 with all the expansions and stuff packs, but now, I am a Sims 3 fan these days.  I played Sims 3 a lot when it first debuted, but I only recently got back into the game with the WA expansion.  It's been great and I can't wait to see how the game develops in the future.

Anyways, on a final "personal" note, I am single female player, in my early thirties, and I live in Southern California.  I am blessed to have a wonderful job working for a local university.  And I love Mexican food and my mom's Filipino home cooking.  Take care, everyone.   ;)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #114 on: January 05, 2010, 11:04:05 PM »
Lol yeah, I've noticed a lot of lurkers lately. Glad you guys decided to join us. I'm also a King fan, but maybe not as hardcore as some. The Dark Tower was great, and Bag of Bones and Rose Madder are both on my all-time favorite books list.

17irish11

« Reply #115 on: January 06, 2010, 04:12:11 PM »
Hi I am fairly new to the site, and have to say it is so far the best forum I've found.  I have been playing sims since it first came out then went to SIMS 2 and now SIMS 3.  I really enjoy this site and many times will have the site up as I am playing and go back and forth. 

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #116 on: January 06, 2010, 09:06:38 PM »
Thanks for the kind words, Irish.  We appreciate all of our members and we're glad you're enjoying the site and forum!  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Ceipshine

« Reply #117 on: January 07, 2010, 09:30:31 AM »
I'm Ceipshine.
And I adore TS3. Because... it's cool. :D

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #118 on: January 07, 2010, 09:33:52 AM »
Welcome to the forums, Ceipshine.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #119 on: January 08, 2010, 05:34:21 PM »
Hi everybody! I'm Swede1992.

My real name's actually Ivar and have also been around this site for quite a while. I don't really know what's with me, but I've always liked strategy games. My favourite games are all Sid Meier's Civilization series (except the first one (I'm way too young), but including Alpha Centauri for those that know about it), SimCity series (especially 2000), Spore with GA, Empire: total war and of course a long-term Sims fan of all Sims games from the very first time Sims 1 came out.

Fun fact: I am very likely to be the biggest Simpsons nerd in the history of humankind. Noone except my stupid twinbrother have ever beaten me in a Simpsons quiz, no matter how irrelevant and stupid the information may be. :P

Love the guide and finally thought I maybe could give some pointers here and there!
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.