Author Topic: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: My Generation (Nov 3)  (Read 73561 times)

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: And so it begins (5/4/18)
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2018, 06:58:11 AM »
Another sharebear off to a great start. Can't wait to read thhe rest.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2018, 01:28:11 PM »
Love Love Love!!!  Awesome idea to go back in time and move forward!  Your founder is absolutely stunning!  I will be reading...it may be sporadically, but I will be reading!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2018, 05:33:14 PM »
Love your different approach here.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: Another Sharebear Legacy: Prologue (4/29/18)
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2018, 08:17:20 PM »
Aww, what a cute little time traveling update!  Looking forward to how the timeline keeps progressing, but happy to enjoy 1818 at the moment  :=)
I'll also be curious to see if she ends up being assumed to be related to Candy and Yuki given that her last name is now Behr...
Sadly, neither Candy nor Yuki has shown up yet.  But I've got 10 generations to work it in somehow...

That was a great update! Loved seeing Gerald Landgraab looking all business-like! If only we had pocket watches in the Sims 4!
Your founder looks striking, even without makeup and her hair all tucked away.

Moving the clock forward with each generation is such a wonderful premise! 200 years?
Oh wait, now I'm wondering if your legacy will also venture into the future. So many possibilities!

So...Step 3 is next, eh? Can't wait for the next update!
I'm glad you like Shari's look.  I felt kind of bad tucking her hair under the scarf, but it seemed to fit the time-period better.  Her formal, party, and sleep outfits do not have the scarf so we'll eventually see her red hair.  Not in this next update, but soon.

My 200 years is based on roughly 25 years between generations with the 1st and 10th generations not counting since Shari is already a young adult and the challenge ends with the birth of the 10th generation.  So 8 x 25 = 200.  Plus, it's a nice round number.  As you said, there are many possibilities!

Oh wow, great update!  Loving the different timelines ^^ Can't wait to see who the spouse will be!
Thanks!  The timeline thing is something I've been thinking about for a while.  Oddly enough, it was getting the laundry day pack that made me think it might be possible without cc.

Another sharebear off to a great start. Can't wait to read thhe rest.
Thank you!  I am glad you are reading.

Love Love Love!!!  Awesome idea to go back in time and move forward!  Your founder is absolutely stunning!  I will be reading...it may be sporadically, but I will be reading!
Thanks!  I appreciate your comments, and it's perfectly fine to read sporadically.  I know it's hard to keep up with all the Sharebears.  :)

Love your different approach here.
Thank you!  I hope you enjoy it.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Friends and Acquaintances:

When an invitation to join a gathering of the Good Timers arrived, Shari eagerly accepted.  She hoped to make some friends and maybe meet some eligible bachelors.  While the club proved useful for the former, the Good Timers were absolutely no help with the latter.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Their Rally the Troops interaction was a valuable bonus, but Shari quickly tired of the club’s limited activities.

Shari:  Remind me again what the Good Timers do, Mila?
Mila: We play pub games and have bar drinks.  That’s pretty much it.

The stuffy tavern made Shari feel claustrophobic so she left Windenburg and traveled to Willow Creek instead.  She walked along the water’s edge behind the downtown area in search of collectibles and friendly faces. 

The first man she met was Kent, a rather oddly dressed fellow with a dashing mustache.  He was not a circus performer or traveling salesman, as she initially presumed, but rather a stay-at-home dad. 
She kept looking.

Next, she had a pleasant conversation with Chi who was both childish and active.  He seemed very nice, but his age was not ideal.

The most promising prospect of the day was Kane, a romantic music-lover.  Shari was almost willing to overlook his imperfect shape until she learned that he hated children. 

The spouse hunt might not have yielded results, but Shari had better success collecting.  She earned enough money to purchase a tent, an easel, and a woodworking table.  As she watered her small garden at the end of the day, Shari gave a contented sigh and resolved to try again tomorrow.

Evelyn:  Thanks for meeting me at Ladies Night, Shari.  I know you must be really busy.
Shari:  I am, but it’s nice to take a rest.  Thanks for inviting me.

Evelyn:  So tell me, dear, how is your search for a husband going?  Was your trip to Willow Creek successful?
Shari: Well… my first trip could not be called a success, but the second trip exceeded expectations.
Evelyn: I’m all ears.

Shari:  I took a job as a Writer’s Assistant, and they asked me to read some books before my first day so I visited the Willow Creek Archives. No sooner had I found a book and a comfortable chair than the most handsome man walked in.
Evelyn: Yes, and…?

Shari: Before I could greet the first man, another handsome fellow came up and introduced himself to me.

Evelyn: Wait!  There were two?
Shari: Yes!  If I had only known that the library was the place to meet men, I could have saved so much time!
Evelyn: Stop stalling!  Tell me their names!  Were they both single?

Shari: Bachelor number one is Andrew.  He’s a neat, unflirty bookworm.

Evelyn: Neat and unflirty?  Sounds like perfect husband material to me!
Shari: You don’t think I should hold out for a romantic?
Evelyn: No dearest.  Romantics can be unpredictable.  It’s better if he only has eyes for you.  What about the other one?

Shari:  Bachelor number two is Jamar.  He loves art and cats and food.
Evelyn: A glutton or a foodie?
Shari: Glutton.

Evelyn: It could be worse.  Art-lover and cat-lover are nice.  Which man do you fancy more? Have you made a choice?
Shari: I have.  I’ve got no time to waste.
Evelyn: Do tell!
Shari: I invited unflirty Andrew to visit me.  I wanted him to see what he’d be getting into.

Evelyn:  A wise decision.  Did he seem interested?
Shari: Yes, actually.  He saw the easel and asked if he could paint.  Turns out, his dream is to be an artist.  I asked him to move in, and he has already joined the Painter career.

Evelyn: Oh Shari!  I’m so happy for you!  I can’t wait to meet him!  And how are things going romantically, if I may ask?  Is his unflirty trait giving you any trouble?
Shari: Did I tell you that I dug up a voodoo doll while I was out collecting?
Evelyn: Are you changing the subject?  If you don’t want to tell me, that’s okay.
Shari: I’m not changing the subject.  You see, I was curious to see if the voodoo doll was real so I tried binding it to Andrew.

Evelyn: You little gypsy!  Did it work?
Shari: Like a charm!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
I really enjoyed neighbor Evelyn interrogating Shari about her love life!
What a great narrative device for sharing details with us about Shari's spouse hunt. :D
And how funny that Evelyn defines "perfect husband material" as neat and unflirty.

Lucky Shari with her Painter Extraordinaire spouse!!!
Brilliant idea with the voodoo doll! So glad things are working out so well!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Ah ha!  The voodoo doll was genius! hehehe Love Evelyn and Shari's gossip session.  Perfect way to share the story ^^

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Hahaha!  Shari finds a clever way to work around the unflirty trait.  Love it!
Some nice storytelling there by having us learn about her whirlwind romance through having her tell Evelyn about it!

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
Love the story cant wait for more.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
Lol at the voodoo doll. Great workaround. Is Jamar going to join the group? It would be a shame to let that pretty face go to waste. Also, I really like Evelyn, we could all use an Evelyn in our lives. Good luck!

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
I really enjoyed neighbor Evelyn interrogating Shari about her love life!
What a great narrative device for sharing details with us about Shari's spouse hunt. :D
And how funny that Evelyn defines "perfect husband material" as neat and unflirty.

Lucky Shari with her Painter Extraordinaire spouse!!!
Brilliant idea with the voodoo doll! So glad things are working out so well!
Andrew was a lucky find.  I picked him over Jamar because Andrew was a young adult while Jamar was an adult.  I didn't know what his aspiration was until he moved in, but it could not have been more perfect.  So far, Evelyn's assessment of Andrew has been spot on!

Ah ha!  The voodoo doll was genius! hehehe Love Evelyn and Shari's gossip session.  Perfect way to share the story ^^
I'm glad you liked it.  Evelyn is very useful for storytelling purposes because I don't want to be narrating all the time and I can't just have Shari talking to herself.  :)

Hahaha!  Shari finds a clever way to work around the unflirty trait.  Love it!
Some nice storytelling there by having us learn about her whirlwind romance through having her tell Evelyn about it!
Shari found the voodoo doll while collecting, and I almost sold it.  But then I thought...nah...this could be useful!

Love the story cant wait for more.
Thank you!  Update coming soon.   :)

Lol at the voodoo doll. Great workaround. Is Jamar going to join the group? It would be a shame to let that pretty face go to waste. Also, I really like Evelyn, we could all use an Evelyn in our lives. Good luck!
I think Jamar will just be a friend because I don't want the household to get too big.  You'll see him occasionally, though.  And I agree, we could all use an Evelyn in our lives.  She's awesome!

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Love and Marriage (5/13/18)
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2018, 11:36:58 AM »
Love and Marriage 

John:  The place looks great, Andrew. Nice work on the garden.
Andrew:  Thanks John.  I made all of the planter boxes, but most of the credit for the garden goes to Shari.  She treats these plants like her babies.

John: Speaking of which, I heard you and Shari got engaged.  You’ll have little Behrs running around here in no time, eh?
Andrew: One step at a time, John.

Evelyn:  Congratulations on the engagement, Shari!  Tell me all the details!  How did he propose?

Shari:  Well, the Romance Festival was in town, so…
Evelyn: How in the world did you get your unflirty boyfriend to take you to the Romance Festival?
Shari:  It was his idea!  He said we should go to see if we could find any new flowers for the garden.  And when we got there, he proposed!  We didn’t even drink any of the tea.

Evelyn: Are you sure he’s unflirty? (lowers her voice) Are you still using the voodoo doll?
Shari: Oh, I sold the voodoo doll.  Andrew might not be romantic, but he is very thoughtful.  He knew going to the Romance Festival would make me happy.  Plus, we did collect flowers for the garden.

Andrew:  Shari, would you like to have a big wedding?
Shari: I don’t think we can afford it, dear.  We haven’t even started building the house.
Andrew:  That’s not what I asked, Shari.  Do you want a big wedding?

Shari: But Andrew, how could we possibly spend that much money right now?
Andrew: I will take that to mean that you would like a formal wedding, and I will tell you how we can afford it.  My paintings have been selling really well, and we have more than enough money in the bank to pay the event fee.  My understanding is that if our wedding achieves gold medal status, then we will receive gifts.  We could sell those gifts and make back most of the money we spend.  Plus, we would earn points for your legacy. 
Shari: Oh Andrew!  Do you really think it would work?  And how do you know about the points?
Andrew:  It’s all in the pamphlet you showed me.  I’m a bookworm, Shari.  I read the whole thing.  It’s fascinating.

Shari:  And you’re willing to have a public ceremony…for me?
Andrew: Of course.  I want you to be happy, and I want your legacy to succeed.
Shari: It’s our legacy now, darling.

Evelyn: (whispers) I just love weddings.  Don’t you, John?
John: Eh...I’ll love it if they have juice at the reception.  (laughs loudly)
Evelyn: Hush!  There’s Andrew.  They’re about to start.

Shari: Congratulations, Mr. Behr.  You made it through the ceremony.  How are you feeling?  Are you tense?
Andrew: I’ve got one tiny, little tense moodlet, but it’s buried under overwhelming happiness.  How are you?  Is this the gold medal wedding of your dreams?
Shari: I’ve never been better, my love.  As soon as we finish eating this cake, we’ll earn the gold medal.  Then we can end the event early if you’d like.

Andrew:  Ah…it’s good to be home. 
Shari: Yes, it is.  Now tell me the truth, Andrew.  Did we get enough money back from selling the gifts to pay for the wedding?

Andrew:  The smile on your face is worth any amount of money, Shari.  But if you must know, we earned $855 of the $1000 fee back. 
Shari: Sometimes I think Evelyn is right and that you don’t really have the unflirty trait after all.
Andrew:  I’ve got Charisma, I just can’t flirt worth a darn. 
Shari:  That must be it.  And do we have enough money to start on the house?
Andrew: With the garden, the paintings, and the breeding of frogs, we’ve done quite well.  We have just over $20000 saved for the house.  We can start building tomorrow.
Shari: Does that mean this will be our last night in the tent?
Andrew: Indeed.  We’d best make good use of it.

Watcher's note:  In the “Funny Things Sims Do” category, I present Jamar- who brought two drinks to Shari and Andrew’s wedding.
Apparently, the drink on the left is Fish Tacos made by Eliza Pancakes.

Jamar is a glutton, after all.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2018, 12:22:05 PM »
D'aww, Andrew is the best. That was such a sweet ceremony. Congrats on the soon-to-be house!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2018, 12:27:15 PM »
What a charming update!
It appears Evelyn was right! Andrew has turned out to be perfect spouse material!
Hardworking, thoughtful, romantic, and even great at math!
Shari and Andrew look lovely in their wedding apparel!

Hahaha, Andrew luring Shari into the tent doesn't seem unflirty to me! What a catch!
Looking forward impatiently to their new house!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2018, 01:43:42 PM »
Oh that was so sweet!  Andrew is a darling.  The wedding was beautiful.  That last picture cracked me up!

anything