Author Topic: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: My Generation (Nov 3)  (Read 74344 times)

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Love and Marriage (5/13/18)
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2018, 05:41:44 PM »
I love how you're starting out in the olden days!  Love all the outfits, etc. 

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2018, 04:33:32 PM »
It amused me probably far more than it should have that the happy couple was dressed up so elegantly for their wedding and then climbed into a tent.
Loving this story!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2018, 07:26:18 PM »
D'aww, Andrew is the best. That was such a sweet ceremony. Congrats on the soon-to-be house!
Andrew is awesome.  He's a perfect example of what usually happens in my games.  Just when I think I'll have to settle for a spouse who is Evil or Hates Children, the game goes and generates someone perfect.  I just have to remind myself to be patient.

What a charming update!
It appears Evelyn was right! Andrew has turned out to be perfect spouse material!
Hardworking, thoughtful, romantic, and even great at math!
Shari and Andrew look lovely in their wedding apparel!
Hahaha, Andrew luring Shari into the tent doesn't seem unflirty to me! What a catch!
Looking forward impatiently to their new house!
Shari and Andrew are so autonomously affectionate, I wouldn't believe that Andrew is Unflirty if I didn't know better.  House update coming up!

Oh that was so sweet!  Andrew is a darling.  The wedding was beautiful.  That last picture cracked me up!
Thanks!  I'm glad I got a chance to show off their formal outfits.  I figure they deserved a wedding.  And Jamar will continue to prove that he's a glutton.

I love how you're starting out in the olden days!  Love all the outfits, etc. 
Thanks!  I'm doing my best to find outfits that work.  I'm glad you like it so far.

It amused me probably far more than it should have that the happy couple was dressed up so elegantly for their wedding and then climbed into a tent.
Loving this story!
It amused me, too, that's why I waited until the next day to build the house.   :) 

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: House and Home (5/20/18)
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2018, 07:45:14 PM »
House and Home

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
One day later, the newlyweds arrive home from work.  They each got promotions, and there’s a brand-new house behind them.  Let’s take a tour.

The front
It’s a simple single-story farmhouse.  It has no running water or electricity. 

The back
The house is not centered on the lot.  A larger expansion is planned for later (possibly next generation) and this original part will be off to the side.

The interior

The kitchen has an icebox (fridge) and a wood-burning stove.  I had to replace the rectangular table with actual kitchen counters because the Sims would not prepare food on the table. Pretend the computer on Shari’s desk is a typewriter.  She’s in the writing career which is perfectly acceptable for a woman in the 1800s, but the Sims offers no other means of writing books.  She and Andrew don’t use the computer typewriter for any purpose other than writing books and writing letters to penpals. 

The outhouse

When you choose a foundation in the Sims it applies to all buildings on the lot (at least I haven’t found a way around it).  Thus, the outhouse is somewhat ridiculously elevated and requires stairs.

Andrew:  Now this is what I call cozy.
Shari: Shall we try out the fireplace, dear?
Andrew: Let’s not risk it.  I haven't had a chance to upgrade it yet.

Andrew: Does that confetti mean what I think it means?
Shari: Yes! I’m eating for two!

Andrew:  That’s fantastic news, Shari.  And I just completed the Painter Extraordinaire Aspiration.

Andrew:  The best part about completing my aspiration is that I earned the Expressionistic trait.  Now I can easily complete our collection of Emotional Paintings.  We have the mathematical diagram and the flirty and confident paintings already.  I can paint the playful, sad, and angry paintings without having to be in any of those moods.

Shari: How wonderful!  What aspiration will you choose next?
Andrew:  Musical Genius.  I should be able to accomplish two creative aspirations.

Andrew: Did you add flowers to the laundry, Shari?  It smells so fresh!
Shari: Yes, isn’t it nice?  Also, did you know using the wash basin increases fitness skill?

Andrew:  Now, you be a good nooboo while Papa goes to work.  Don’t give your Mama any trouble.

Andrew:  Are you sure you’ll be alright while I’m gone?  Do you want me to ask Evelyn to come over?
Shari:  I’ll be fine, dear.  The baby isn’t due until later tonight.

Late that night:

Andrew: My wife is in labor! What do I do?  Boil water?  Get fresh towels?  Do we even own towels?

Shari: Welcome to the world, baby Aster.  I don’t have a mother, myself, so I have no idea what I’m doing.  But I promise you I’ll try my very best.

Andrew:  Hello there, big fellow.  Your mother is a very smart woman, but she’s being a silly goose right now.  She’s going to be the best mother ever, I’m sure of it.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2018, 07:52:35 PM »
Such a cute update!  I love how you're working all of the items into the time period (including the typewriter).  Super clever work!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2018, 08:38:24 PM »
Awww, that was adorable! I love Shari and Andrew.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2018, 08:46:48 PM »
D'aww, welcome to the world, Aster. I love your little house and your dedication to the time period. It's so much fun to read about. I honestly can't wait to see how you progress the time, it's going to be great.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2018, 09:19:54 PM »
What a wonderful update! I love how you're using the laundry stuff items--the sight of the laundry line and wash tub actually makes sense in your story! It's great!
Shari and Andrew have such a great relationship, too!
Every update is a surprise!
Welcome to the world, Aster!

Offline cerulle

• Llama Wrangler
    • Cerullean Watcher
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2018, 01:15:19 AM »
Ooohh ~ Loving the new update. :3
The house is beauitfully quaint. A great starter for the legacy!
(Also I never knew that the wash basin = fitness; Granted I don't have Laundry Day)

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2018, 01:23:59 PM »
Oh, a little house and a baby already.
And great, great storytelling at play with all the items.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2018, 07:28:49 AM »
Your house is adorable, and I love everything you are doing for the time period.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2018, 10:15:30 PM »
Such a cute update!  I love how you're working all of the items into the time period (including the typewriter).  Super clever work!
Thanks!  I'm doing my best to work with what I've got.  I have a general outline for when certain technology will be allowed.  Hopefully, I can stick with it.

Awww, that was adorable! I love Shari and Andrew.
I love them, too!  :)

D'aww, welcome to the world, Aster. I love your little house and your dedication to the time period. It's so much fun to read about. I honestly can't wait to see how you progress the time, it's going to be great.
Thanks!  I hope I can make this work for 9 generations.  We'll see!

What a wonderful update! I love how you're using the laundry stuff items--the sight of the laundry line and wash tub actually makes sense in your story! It's great!
Shari and Andrew have such a great relationship, too!
Every update is a surprise!
Welcome to the world, Aster!
I wasn't sure I would enjoy making my Sims do laundry, but it's turned out to be one of my favorite packs. 
More surprises coming right up!

Ooohh ~ Loving the new update. :3
The house is beauitfully quaint. A great starter for the legacy!
(Also I never knew that the wash basin = fitness; Granted I don't have Laundry Day)
The wash basin=fitness was a surprise to me, too, but I guess it makes sense.  It's good for Shari and Andrew because they won't be getting a treadmill!

Oh, a little house and a baby already.
And great, great storytelling at play with all the items.
Thanks!  I'm glad you are enjoying it. 

Your house is adorable, and I love everything you are doing for the time period.
Thanks!  I really like this small house, but I'm afraid they are going to outgrow it too quickly.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Darkness and Light (5/26/18)
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2018, 10:47:02 PM »
Darkness and Light

Shari:  Look Andrew!  Aster is doing the most perfect flip out of the bassinet!
Andrew:  That’s my boy! 

Shari:  He’s got my red hair and your darker skin tone.  I’ll need to change his wardrobe, though.

Andrew:  And we’ll need to expand the house a little to make room for another bedroom.
Shari: Perfect!  I think he likes it.

Andrew:  The extension to the house also made the front room larger, Shari.  There was just enough space to add a piano.
Shari:  It’s beautiful! 
Andrew:  Sit down and try it, and I’ll fiddle.

Shari:  It’s so fancy!  I feel I should be wearing my Sunday best, not my everyday outfit.
Andrew:  Let’s change, then.  Is this better?
Shari: Much better.  And the candles help, too.

Andrew:  While we’re all dressed up, we should paint each other’s portraits. 
Shari: That’s an excellent idea.
Andrew:  They turned out nice, if I do say so myself.  Although the one you painted of me is a masterpiece, and mine of you is merely excellent.
Shari:  Don’t sell yourself short, dear.  They are worth almost exactly the same.  And besides, we’re never going to sell them.

From Shari’s diary:

The strangest thing happened the other night.  Andrew had gone out to use the outhouse (or so I thought) but he did not come right back.  I was inside working on my latest book, and I suddenly realized that he had been gone for hours. 
This isn’t completely unusual because sometimes Andrew gets distracted and decides to start a painting or a woodworking project, but it was the middle of the night and pitch-black outside.  It’s terrible for his eyesight when he tries to do those things in the dark so I went out (under the pretense of taking out the trash) to go and check on him.  Andrew wasn’t in the backyard. As I made my way around the side of the house with the trash, I heard an eerie noise behind me.  I turned to look and there was Andrew suspended about 10 feet up in the air by what I can only describe as a beam of light.   He slowly descended through the light and was set down right in front of the outhouse. 
Andrew got up looking rather dazed, went into the outhouse, then came out and went straight to bed.  He hasn’t said a word about it, and I wonder now if it was all just my overactive writer’s imagination.  Was the whole thing a dream?

A few days later…

Shari:  Mommy’s boy is soooo big!

Aster:  Mama boy sooo big!  Poddy by-sef!

Shari:  That smells wonderful, Andrew.  What are you making for dinner?
Andrew: Pasta Primavera, and if it turns out edible, it will be more thanks to your excellent quality produce than my mediocre cooking skills.

Shari:  You are being too modest, dear.  Aster and I think your cooking is wonderful.

Andrew:  Thank you. And did I see that you have received a postcard from every corner of the globe, Shari?  Is that our first complete collection?
Shari:  Yes.  I received the last one in the mail this morning and finished The Curator aspiration as well.  Then, a few hours later I completed the frog collection.

Andrew:  Two collections and an aspiration?  Congratulations!  You are on a roll today.
Shari:  We should build a cellar so we have a safe place to store our collectibles.
Andrew: Your wish is my command.

Andrew:  What aspiration did you choose next, Shari?
Shari:  Freelance Botanist, of course.  Gardening is more enjoyable than ever now that I’ve got a little helper.

Andrew:  You’ve put so much work into the garden already.  You’ll have that aspiration completed in no time.
Shari: I do hope to finish it quickly, but it will take at least a few days for Bluebell to grow.

Shari:  How are you doing with your Musical Genius aspiration, dear?
Andrew: I’m making steady progress.  I’ve maxed the violin skill and written two songs.
Andrew:  Technically, you’ve been memorialized twice now.  In addition to your portrait, I also named my first song “Shari Darling.”
Shari: How sweet of you! But isn’t that the name of a Bruce Springsteen song?
Andrew:  His is spelled differently, and he’s after our time, remember? *winks*

Andrew:  Did you put Aster to bed?  Did he go right to sleep?
Shari: Yes, he had a busy day.  I think he was asleep before I finished the story.

Shari:  Now that it’s just the two of us, I can blow kisses to my darling husband.
Andrew: When it’s just the two of us, I rather like it.

Shari: I suddenly get the feeling that I am eating for two again, Andrew.
Andrew: I get that feeling, too.  But why did we trade places?
Shari:  We’re Sims!  Switching places in the middle of a conversation is just something we do.

Another entry from Shari’s diary:

It happened again!  And this time, I know it was not a dream.  The evening that I found out I was pregnant with our second child, Andrew went out in the backyard to do some laundry.  I heard that noise again and saw a flash of light in the window.  I ran outside, and there was Andrew standing in a pool of white light.  I called out to him, but he was fixated on that light and did not respond to my voice. 
Then the light carried him up into this saucer-shaped thing.  He was gone for hours!  I paced and paced around the garden, and finally the flying saucer returned.  A hole opened up in the center, and down Andrew came on that beam of light.  It set him down ever so gently in the exact spot that he left from.
This time, Andrew remembers the light, but nothing else.  Oh, I have GOT to talk to Evelyn!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2018, 11:32:48 PM »
Such a perfectly timed shot of Aster leaping out of his bassinet.
Love his coloring, too. He's so beautiful!

After Andrew's first abduction, Shari is playing with Aster and she says: Mommy's boy is sooo big!
I was half expecting the next shot to show Andrew with a baby bump and Shari saying: Mommy's other boy is sooo big!

How crazy that Andrew got abducted twice within such a short period. Senior Pollinator Technician #3 must really like him, haha.

Gratz on completing two collections and The Curator plus memorializing each other!
Such a fun update but the suspense is going to kill me now! Hahaha

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2018, 09:39:55 AM »
Is it wrong that I kept looking at Andrew's belly in every shot after the abduction?  Can't wait to see how Shari will respond if her man has gone and gotten himself pregnant with an alien baby!
And yes, the Aster flipping shot is outstanding!