Author Topic: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: My Generation (Nov 3)  (Read 73603 times)

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Darkness and Light (5/26/18)
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2018, 10:20:59 AM »
Lol, guess the aliens heard the word that Andrew is a near perfect husband and had to investigate. Aster is so cute, I love him helping Mama in the garden. Does he have green eyes? It kinda looks like it but I can't really tell. And yay, another nooboo. Crossing fingers for a girl.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2018, 02:10:46 PM »
 Loved all things about that update. Andrew and Shari are just too fantastic together. Little Aster is adorable. Ooo, will thete be an alien nooboo? Can't wait to see!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2018, 06:18:25 AM »
Aster is so cute.
Congratulations on completing your aspiration, and i also think the next will be completed instantly.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2018, 12:09:16 AM »
Such a perfectly timed shot of Aster leaping out of his bassinet.
Love his coloring, too. He's so beautiful!
After Andrew's first abduction, Shari is playing with Aster and she says: Mommy's boy is sooo big!
I was half expecting the next shot to show Andrew with a baby bump and Shari saying: Mommy's other boy is sooo big!
How crazy that Andrew got abducted twice within such a short period. Senior Pollinator Technician #3 must really like him, haha.
Gratz on completing two collections and The Curator plus memorializing each other!
Such a fun update but the suspense is going to kill me now! Hahaha
The really crazy thing is that Andrew only knows one alien.  They were out and about one day, and I was watching Shari, not Andrew.  The next thing I know, some guy is doing the "detect personality" social on Andrew.  I wasn't quick enough to get a picture, and I promptly forgot about it until the abductions started.  If I'd been trying to get Andrew abducted, it never would have happened!

Is it wrong that I kept looking at Andrew's belly in every shot after the abduction?  Can't wait to see how Shari will respond if her man has gone and gotten himself pregnant with an alien baby!
And yes, the Aster flipping shot is outstanding!
It's a perfectly natural reaction to stare at a male Sim's belly after an abduction.   :)   I would have ended the update with the first abduction, but then they came for Andrew a second time...

Lol, guess the aliens heard the word that Andrew is a near perfect husband and had to investigate. Aster is so cute, I love him helping Mama in the garden. Does he have green eyes? It kinda looks like it but I can't really tell. And yay, another nooboo. Crossing fingers for a girl.
Yes, Aster's eyes are green.  And I agree with you about Andrew.

Loved all things about that update. Andrew and Shari are just too fantastic together. Little Aster is adorable. Ooo, will thete be an alien nooboo? Can't wait to see!
Thanks!  Your curiosity will be satisfied soon!

Aster is so cute.
Congratulations on completing your aspiration, and i also think the next will be completed instantly.
Thanks!  The Curator and Freelance Botanist are two of my favorite aspirations. 

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Birthdays and Surprises (5/30/18)
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2018, 12:31:26 AM »
Birthdays and Surprises

Shari:  And then it just flew away…and all Andrew remembers is the white light!
Evelyn:  But Shari, are you sure?  Maybe you were just seeing the light from the lighthouse.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Shari:  I know it sounds crazy, Evelyn, but there’s more.  Ever since that night, Andrew has had a weird stomachache, and sometimes his belly sparkles!
Evelyn: What exactly do you mean by sparkles?

Shari: And he’s been gaining weight, and I’ve even seen his belly glow!
Evelyn:  Oh! If he’s put on a few pounds, that’s just sympathy weight.  Sometimes that happens when a man’s wife is pregnant.

Shari:  But how do you explain the sparkles and the glowing?
Evelyn:  Don’t take this the wrong way, dear, but you’re a writer and Andrew is a bookworm.  Is it possible you two are letting your imaginations run wild?
Shari: That’s why I want you to come over and see for yourself.  Will you watch Andrew closely when you come for Aster’s birthday party?

Andrew:  What did Evelyn say, Shari?
Shari:  She thinks you are gaining sympathy weight.
Andrew: Does sympathy weight kick you in the gut?

Shari:  If you get the green sparkles tomorrow, try to show Evelyn.
Andrew:  I’ll try.  Speaking of which, are we ready for Aster’s birthday?  Do you think he’ll get the Top Notch Toddler trait?
Shari:  I’m sure he will.  He maxed his movement and thinking skills ages ago, and that Nanny we hired helped him with his communication.

Andrew:  I’m sure I’ve read him enough books to fully develop his imagination.

Shari:  Excuse me, dear, but the baby is coming NOW!

Andrew: She’s beautiful, Shari.  What shall we name her?

Shari: What do you think of the name Daisy?
Andrew: I love it!  I think I’ll play my two girls a song.

The next day…

Andrew:  Well, that birthday party was…okay?
Shari:  Yes.  It wasn’t a complete disaster, but we only earned a silver medal.
Andrew:  What do you think went wrong?
Shari:  It was Jamar.  He kept taking slices of cake before I could put the birthday candles on.

Shari:  By the time Aster finally got to blow out his candles, the party was almost over.

Andrew:  A silver medal is okay.  The important thing is that Aster had a good time.
Shari:  That’s true.  He’s such a handsome fellow, and he’s an art-lover.  He must get that from you.
Andrew:  And he wants to be a Whiz Kid.  He must get that from you.

Shari:  Did Evelyn get a chance to see your belly glow during the party, Andrew?
Andrew:  No, it didn’t happen until after she left.

Andrew:  I think it’s a boy!
Shari:  A boy who is definitely NOT a figment of our imagination.
Andrew:  Let’s name him Fig!

Shari:  Well, Evelyn, what do you think?
Evelyn: Oh Shari!  I’m so sorry that I ever doubted you!  It’s just…

Shari:  There’s no need to apologize.  I don’t think I would have believed me either.  The question is, how do we explain it?   I don’t trust everyone to be as understanding as you.
Evelyn:  Thank you for trusting me.  And I agree.  Not everyone will be open-minded.  Seeing the two of them together, they don’t look all that different except for skin color.  Do you think you could pass Daisy and Fig off as twins?
Shari:  Maybe.  They were born about two days apart.  Do you think it will be noticeable?
Evelyn:  Only on their actual birthdays.  You could try waiting to age Daisy up until the last possible moment, and do the opposite with Fig.  Age him up as soon as it’s his birthday. 
Shari:  I see what you are saying.  So it would take two birthdays to get them aligned.  Do you think that would work?
Evelyn:  It’s worth a try.  And if not, you can always say Fig is adopted.
Shari:  I thought of that, but he looks so much like Andrew to me that I’d prefer to think of them as twins.
Evelyn:  They’ll certainly be raised as twins.  It doesn’t matter how they got here.
Shari:  Thank you Evelyn.  That means a lot.

Shari:  Hey there, little guy.  You and I both came here under unique circumstances.  We have that in common.  I may not fully understand how or why you are here, but I know I’ll do everything in my power to protect you.  You can count on that.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2018, 01:09:38 AM »
I laughed at your comment about Andrew not having gotten abducted if you'd been trying. Ain't that the truth? Haha.
Oddly, your Sharebears are the only ones living the pre-modern, pre-industrialized life yet they're the ones to have the first Close Encounter among all of us!!!
And Shari and her watcher are so very clever!  Coordinating Daisy and Fig's birthdays until they're like twins!
Plus, I love Fig's name! It's perfect (like Andrew)!!!! I'm glad that Andrew seems to have recovered fully in mind and body from the abduction and pregnancy.

(I'm trying put a stop to my comment but just one more thing....) Evelyn is a great friend! Loved this update!

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2018, 07:49:21 AM »
Aww, that bit with Fig is so cute. At least he'll be able to transform as a toddler and blend in a bit. Yay, Shari had a girl! Welcome, Daisy. Aster is a cutie. Still loving Evelyn.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2018, 11:24:18 AM »
Fig the figment of their imagination.   Brilliant! 
I love how the neighbors are used to add social perspective to the storytelling.  Very cool application of a narrative device.
I can't wait to see the "twins" grow into toddlers and then children  :=)  Of course, I'm also curious to see if you'll go with the disguise for Fig or just have him as the unusual blue kid.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2018, 01:36:02 PM »
Aw, welcome little Fig and Daisy ^^ Loved how Evelyn was so understanding.  You do such a good job of weaving it into a story.

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2018, 09:39:37 AM »
Oh, not so twins. Can't wait to see them as toddlers.
And wasn't Andrew unflirty? How did he seduced an alien so easily?

Aster grew up well, too bad his birthday wasn't as great as you wanted it.
Also, I like all the names.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2018, 09:49:47 AM »
Ohh an alien baby. I hope none will be rude to him for beign different. I know the family wont. But you never know.
Andrew grew up to be a nice looking boy, cant wait to see his sister grow up too.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2018, 07:23:03 PM »
I laughed at your comment about Andrew not having gotten abducted if you'd been trying. Ain't that the truth? Haha.
Oddly, your Sharebears are the only ones living the pre-modern, pre-industrialized life yet they're the ones to have the first Close Encounter among all of us!!!
And Shari and her watcher are so very clever!  Coordinating Daisy and Fig's birthdays until they're like twins!
Plus, I love Fig's name! It's perfect (like Andrew)!!!! I'm glad that Andrew seems to have recovered fully in mind and body from the abduction and pregnancy.
(I'm trying put a stop to my comment but just one more thing....) Evelyn is a great friend! Loved this update!
Thanks!  I'm really surprised that Andrew is the first (and so far only) one to have an alien baby out of all the Sharebears.  Fig can't be the heir because he isn't genetically related to the Founder, but it's still cool.  I wasn't sure if my plan to bring Daisy and Fig's birthdays together would work, but it did. 

Aww, that bit with Fig is so cute. At least he'll be able to transform as a toddler and blend in a bit. Yay, Shari had a girl! Welcome, Daisy. Aster is a cutie. Still loving Evelyn.
I'm glad Shari had a girl, too.  We've got a nice mix of girls and boys now.  You'll get to see Fig in both forms in the next update.

Fig the figment of their imagination.   Brilliant! 
I love how the neighbors are used to add social perspective to the storytelling.  Very cool application of a narrative device.
I can't wait to see the "twins" grow into toddlers and then children  :=)  Of course, I'm also curious to see if you'll go with the disguise for Fig or just have him as the unusual blue kid.
Thanks!  I'm glad you like the neighbors.  They've become an integral part of the story at this point.

Aw, welcome little Fig and Daisy ^^ Loved how Evelyn was so understanding.  You do such a good job of weaving it into a story.
Thank you.  It's nice that Shari and Evelyn get along so well.  They really do seem to like each other in the game, too.

Oh, not so twins. Can't wait to see them as toddlers.
And wasn't Andrew unflirty? How did he seduced an alien so easily?
Aster grew up well, too bad his birthday wasn't as great as you wanted it.
Also, I like all the names.
I guess the aliens don't care so much about the Unflirty trait.   ;)   Two cute toddlers coming up!

Ohh an alien baby. I hope none will be rude to him for beign different. I know the family wont. But you never know.
Andrew grew up to be a nice looking boy, cant wait to see his sister grow up too.
All the Sharebears seem to have cute kids, don't they?  You'll see toddler Daisy in the following update.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Parents and Guardians (June 9)
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2018, 08:00:02 PM »
Parents and Guardians

Andrew:  Did Daisy go back to sleep after you aged her up, Shari?
Shari:  Yes, she seems to like the toddler bed.  I hated to wake her, but in order to follow Evelyn’s very wise plan, I had to wait as long as possible to age Daisy up—which happened to be at 3am.

Andrew: Right.  So when we get Fig’s birthday notice tomorrow morning, we will age him up immediately, correct?
Shari:  Yes. That should reduce their age-gap from two days down to one. Then we repeat the process for their child birthdays which should make Daisy and Fig the same age.
          Not to change the subject, but did I see that you maxed the handiness skill while I was in the other room?
Andrew: Yeah. I was finally upgrading the fireplace before we have two toddlers in the house.

Andrew:  I should congratulate you, too, Shari.  Didn’t you complete the Freelance Botanist Aspiration?
Shari:  Yes, but I couldn’t have done it without Bluebell.
Andrew:  What aspiration did you choose next?
Shari: Bestselling Author.  Can you believe I haven’t done that one yet?

The next morning

Andrew:  I aged Fig up this morning, but there’s something I need to talk to you about, Shari. 
Shari:  What is it, dear?

Andrew:  When I checked his relationship panel, Fig’s mother was labelled as “Senior Pollination Technician #3.”
Shari:  I noticed that, too.  But don’t worry, my love. I have already adopted Fig as a care dependent.

Andrew:  That’s wonderful, Shari, but that’s not exactly what’s bothering me.  You see, I can’t explain why an alien woman is listed as Fig’s mother.  I honestly don’t remember anything from that night except the light.
Shari:  Oh Andrew!  Don’t trouble yourself about that!  Neither of us knows how Fig got into your belly, but I can only assume that alien methods are different than ours.  Are you forgetting that I, myself, am a clone of someone else?
Andrew:  Do you think Fig is a clone of me?
Shari:  Not exactly a clone.  Fig is obviously an alien, but I think there is more of you in him than Senior Pollination Technician #3. 

Andrew:  You are amazing, Shari.  I was afraid you might be jealous.
Shari:  The world is a strange place, Andrew.  You believed my story, and I believe yours.  Let’s not trouble ourselves about things we will never be able to explain. 
Andrew:  Are you at all worried about what other people might think?
Shari:  Not really.  No one who sees Fig and Daisy together will doubt that they are ours. 
Andrew:  That’s true.

Aster:  Will you read me this book, Mama?
Shari:  The Life and Strange Surprizing Adventures of Robinson Crusoe, Of York, Mariner: Who lived Eight and Twenty Years, all alone in an un-inhabited Island on the Coast of America, near the Mouth of the Great River of Oroonoque; Having been cast on Shore by Shipwreck, wherein all the Men perished but himself. With An Account how he was at last as strangely deliver'd by Pyrates.
Aster:  That’s the title?  Ooo—this is going to be good!
Shari:  If the whole book is as wordy as the title, we’ll have your two hours of reading done before we finish Chapter 1!

Aster: Will you read me more of Robinson Crusoe after I finish my homework, Mama?
Shari:  When you’ve done your homework and extra credit, then we’ll read.

Andrew:  Not that I mind (much) Shari, but didn’t we agree not to hire the Nanny when one of us is home?
Shari:  I didn’t hire him!  He just showed up, but Fig seems to like him.  I didn’t have the heart to ask him to leave.
Andrew: *dismisses the Nanny*

Andrew:  And the Mama bear and the Papa bear and the three baby bears all lived happily ever after.

Aster: So that’s why Mama told me to make my Emotion Potions in the cellar!

Andrew:  Good job earning an A in school, son.  You’ve completed Whiz Kid.  Now you get to choose your next Aspiration.
Aster:  I want to do Artistic Prodigy!  Will you mentor me when I do my 5 hours of playing an instrument, Papa?

Andrew:  Of course!  I crafted a child’s violin just for you. 

Aster:  How’s this Papa?  Am I doing it right?
Andrew:  Ah…well…everyone starts as a beginner, son.  *puts cotton in ears* 

5 hours later

Andrew:  That’s it!  Feel the music!  Be one with the violin!

Shari:  Aster is really starting to sound good.  He must have an excellent teacher.
Andrew:  You flatter me.  But I did complete Musical Genius while I was mentoring him.
Shari: That’s wonderful!  Have you thought about what you’d like to do next?
Andrew:  I’d like to do Big Happy Family.  It wasn’t in the original plan, but now that we have three children, I think it makes sense.
Shari:  I agree.  And I think you should drink a Potion of Youth to make sure you live long enough to be friends with four grandchildren.
Andrew:  I will only take it if you drink one, too, Shari.  And could you please dismiss the Nanny?  He’s making me uncomfortable.

Shari:  Well, we did it.  How do you feel, Andrew?
Andrew:  Much better now that the Nanny is gone.
Shari:  That’s not what I meant.  And don’t look behind you.

The next day

Shari:  Look who’s here, Andrew.  He’s been here all day, and he says we don’t even have to pay him! *gives Andrew a meaningful look*
Andrew: Oh!  Mr…uh…Nanny.  Thank you for stopping by, but we’re taking the kids to the park this afternoon so…
Nanny:  I could accompany y-
Andrew: No!

Shari:  That’s one way to get rid of the Nanny.  I suppose Aster does need to make friends now that he’s working on Social Butterfly.
Andrew:  You’re welcome.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2018, 08:15:18 PM »
Loved the shots of Andrew with Fig, who looks so much like his father in his human disguise!
I love how laid back Shari feels about Senior Pollinator Technician #3 appearing in Fig's relationship panel.
Andrew is brave to raise such a possibly sensitive topic!

How absolutely weird about that nanny, though. And funny (in a rather cute way) how adamant Andrew feels about raising the children themselves.
Congrats on progress with Freelance Botanist, Musical Genius, and Whiz Kid!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2018, 08:44:03 PM »
Hmmm, I think the nanny is just smitten with our dear Shari  ;=)
The darling founding couple is so lovely together and the kids are lovely and the historical story world is just lovely and I seem to find myself smiling every time I finish one of your updates.  Kudos!

anything