Author Topic: Sunset Valley 2020  (Read 152679 times)

Offline Anomalocaris

• Nooboo
Re: Sunset Valley 2020
« Reply #135 on: January 08, 2021, 10:31:07 PM »
Oh, that's a good find. Thank you very much!

Offline MrsGoodWrench

• Nooboo
« Reply #136 on: January 08, 2021, 10:57:10 PM »
Your welcome :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainaElf

• GrandmaSim
  • Llama Wrangler
  • over the river & through the woods
    • Fragile Winds
« Reply #137 on: January 09, 2021, 02:27:01 PM »
(Stoney Falls, 57 Waterfall Way)

that's the waterfall i deleted LMAO

Offline MrsGoodWrench

• Nooboo
« Reply #138 on: January 09, 2021, 05:50:13 PM »
oh noes! LOL

The fishspawner is in buydebug if you need/want to place them in another pond.

*meditates* I summon thee MrsFlynn on how to. xD

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #139 on: January 09, 2021, 06:08:49 PM »
I heard MrsGoodwrench lol  Thank you!!

We have a How to use Buydebug!! :)

How do I Use Buydebug? - See post with a photo walk-through here -
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=1789.msg32460#msg32460
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline MrsGoodWrench

• Nooboo
« Reply #140 on: January 09, 2021, 06:10:42 PM »
Thank you!

Offline Imagimary

• Nooboo
« Reply #141 on: January 14, 2021, 09:28:39 AM »
I'm playing with the Vanilla save in this world and I'm having tons of fun! Thanks so much for making this updated Sunset Valley. It's already one of my faves :)

A few things I noticed:

My sims float above waterlevel when swimming or snorkeling on dive lots. The scuba buoy also floats above water level, which is causing it.

Screenshot-17.jpgScreenshot-19.jpg

I followed this to fix it for myself: https://simsvip.com/sims-3-island-paradise-guide/creating-dive-lots/
Basically lowering the level under the scuba buoy and then levelling the terrain to that level. Grab the scuba buoy again and let it sit on the water instead of floating above it. Then use flatten lot so that the lot is on sea level again.
My sims don't float anymore now, but the downside is that it was a lot of work (some objects need to be moved or else the lot can't be flattened there) and the diving lots don't look as pretty as they used to, because the lot is completely flat now. I can make it uneven again of course, but I'm not looking forward to that tbh  ::)
Maybe this can be fixed in the new update? I would love that and wouldn't hesitate to start a new game in this world, I really like it!

Another thing I noticed: sims got stuck under the front porch in the Hart household. Super strange. It kept happening until I bulldozed their house and gave them a new one.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #142 on: January 15, 2021, 06:04:25 AM »
Thank you for the compliment and the info. We are aware there are some issues with the dive lots such as the buoys being above water, and Sims swimming above the water line. As seen here.

This seems to be a bug with dive lots that are added to any town or save file from the library. As is the case with the dive lots in SV2020, they were copied over from IP.

Regardless of that, I did add some links in our FAQ section about the issue in case any other players run into it and want to edit the lots themselves.

Jaga (The creator of the saves) hasn't been around for awhile, so we don't know if the issues with the dive lots will be fixed or updated.

➡ Info: More Tutorial Links for Fixing Terrain and Building Dive Lots
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
LTW - Grand Explorer and SV2020
« Reply #143 on: February 28, 2021, 02:19:48 PM »
Hello.  I stopped playing Island Paradise quite some time ago because of the lags (I wish I didn't have the lag issue because I feel it would be my favorite expansion game).  But I have a question regarding a particular LTW:  Grand Explorer.

I have never tried it, but I am intrigued.  I see that it involves discovering hidden islands.  I haven't played IP for quite some time because of the lag issue.  However, I do wonder if that LTW option is available in Sunset Valley 2020.  I see that the game has diving spots like IP does.  Does it also have hidden islands as well?  Is it a possible LTW in SV2020.  I guess I can research on my own, but since you (Jaga and Mrs Flynn) created SV2020, I thought I would just inquire directly.

Thanks in advance.  Skip

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Does SV2020 Have Any Hidden Islands?
« Reply #144 on: February 28, 2021, 05:18:11 PM »
There aren't any hidden islands in the SV2020 save files, but did find it's possible to add them by saving them from IP to the library and then placing them into your save file.  - Add hidden islands.

Disclaimer: If you try adding any OR all the islands to your save, it's at your own risk. We don't know what one island will do or if they'll all fit, as most if not all of them are quite large in size.

It's my understanding that towns that don't have at least one hidden island or more elements of Island Paradise gameplay won't be able to master the Grand Explorer Lifetime wish.

Spoiler: Grand_Explorer_Info (click to show/hide)

SV2020 is not big enough to add all 8 hidden islands to the map along with having all 4 of the dive spots. Besides, trying to do so may be too much for the game to handle, specially for such a small map such as Sunset Valley. Having a Sim with a LTW of Grand Explorer may not be doable in any version of Sunset Valley.

-----

Hidden islands Lot Sizes:
– 64×64 Beryl Shoals
– 30×40 Cay to the City
– 50×60 Diver’s Den
– 30×30 Mermaid’s Secret
– 60×60 No Trouble Atoll
– 64×64 Plumbob Island
– 64×64 Plunder Cove
– 25×30 Refuge Island

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #145 on: March 03, 2021, 06:21:02 PM »
Mrs Flynn, good to "see" you again as well.  Thanks for the response.  It makes sense that the hidden islands wouldn't fit in the SV2020 world.  It might also be one reason why IP lags.  These hidden islands might take up a lot of room.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #146 on: March 03, 2021, 07:24:16 PM »
You're welcome!! :)

That's my understanding of one of the reasons why IP lags is because of the big hidden islands. I was actually quite surprised at how big the islands are.

Mrs Flynn, good to "see" you again as well.  Thanks for the response.  It makes sense that the hidden islands wouldn't fit in the SV2020 world.  It might also be one reason why IP lags.  These hidden islands might take up a lot of room.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Fixed Showtime Lots ~
« Reply #147 on: March 10, 2021, 01:10:24 PM »
As I was playing the singing career in my SV2020 save I was running into the same issues that other players were having with the Showtime lots, so I decided to edit them and share. :)

Download the fixed Showtime Lots -
http://www.simfileshare.net/download/2397247/

If you're wanting to play any of the Showtime careers you may want to download the Fixed Showtime Lots.

The zipped file includes fixed lots for Central Park, Mad Broncos Bar, the Stadium, Port a Party is now a Private Venue.

The files are in .package format and need to be copied into your Library folder. There's a file that gives more detail in the zip file.  It's called HowTo_Install.txt

I only fixed the few lots mentioned above, as I didn't realize at the time of fixing those lots there are other showtime lots that may need to be fixed as well. I have a how-to for that linked below, if needed:

[Info.] Fixing Showtime Lots ~
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=32190.msg511123#msg511123

Offline pcdoctor

• Nooboo
« Reply #148 on: March 31, 2021, 10:35:42 AM »
For the Route Fixes mods, do I download all of them or just one?  If just one, do you have a recommendation?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #149 on: March 31, 2021, 11:43:25 AM »
I've been playing with all 3 of these "routing" mods for a little over a year now with all the save files I play and have had no problem with them. I would very much recommend them.

Twoftmama’s Route Fix

No Route Fail Tantrum Animations
https://modthesims.info/d/366836/no-route-fail-tantrum-animations.html

Interaction on sloped terrain enabler
http://modthesims.info/d/529671/interaction-on-sloped-terrain-enabler.html

For the Route Fixes mods, do I download all of them or just one?  If just one, do you have a recommendation?