Author Topic: Carr Immortal Dynasty (Completed)  (Read 69256 times)

Offline Beks

• Immortal
Re: Carr Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #150 on: July 26, 2020, 11:10:19 AM »
Oh, that Lancaster hair...how we love that Lancaster hair. :D And RIP Robin. I wish her an afterlife full of beautiful adventures.

Offline Chubling

• Occult
« Reply #151 on: July 26, 2020, 12:28:26 PM »
Poor Robin! She thought she was gonna be a dynasty spouse and get to have a baby. Hopefully she can enjoy her afterlife a little more.

The gaggle of elders all fussing over food is pretty funny. Not much left to get excited about once you've been immortal for awhile.

Ford is adorable! Here is you hoping he didn't inherit his father's indifference to romance!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #152 on: July 26, 2020, 01:47:57 PM »
My deepest condolences...for your salon. Dang! You gotta get a spouse in there somehow (and sometime, I get the reasons for waiting 100% especially because Opal had Ford kinda young) so shoo Robin. :P In all fairness I'll act the same for the woman who replaced her. We've crossed the threshold of mortals mattering.

Ford is cute! He still looks like a Carr but a lot more delicate in the facial structure. And there's always gonna be "that" generation that takes forever in your heart, I guess unless you're optimizing like crazy and forcing your hand with every couple.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline starlives

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #153 on: July 27, 2020, 06:07:42 AM »
My goodness I admire your tolerance of Morgan, he has been real trial for you hasn't he and now he is a uninvolved father too.  Sad to see Robin pass away, she was so lovely. Ford looks great and at least he shares Robin's hair colour even though unrelated (I think! tend to get confused with who are clones and who are natural babies). Love that the simbots are working at the salon. I expect the tatoos they give will be very precise and accurate given their robot brains!

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #154 on: July 27, 2020, 01:34:32 PM »
Oh, that Lancaster hair...how we love that Lancaster hair. :D
We certainly do :).

Ford looks great and at least he shares Robin's hair colour even though unrelated (I think! tend to get confused with who are clones and who are natural babies).
You're right, they're not related.  There are a surprising number of Lucky Palms residents with reddish or outright ginger hair.  It's no coincidence that both of Morgan's partners were cloned from redheads: I was really hoping that Ford would have red hair.  I might well have dyed it if he hadn't inherited his mother's hair naturally (and had saved Robin's hair as a custom colour just in case).

Ford is adorable! Here is you hoping he didn't inherit his father's indifference to romance!
Oh dear, I hope not.  One Sim like that is quite enough :o.

You gotta get a spouse in there somehow (and sometime, I get the reasons for waiting 100% especially because Opal had Ford kinda young) so shoo Robin. :P In all fairness I'll act the same for the woman who replaced her. We've crossed the threshold of mortals mattering.
I suppose we have, although I'd still prefer them to have happy lives.  As you say, I'm not rushing into filling Robin's space in the household because Opal has to die before generation 7 can be born.  Ford is definitely going to be older than his wife, although hopefully with a smaller age gap than his parents.  I suppose he could go through a whole series of partners to find the perfect match before reproducing but I'd probably go mad first.  Ford only arrived 2-3 weeks later than planned and that was bad enough.  I realise it could be a lot worse, though: I remember the huge delay you had with the Waverlys at about this point.

And, of course, a really long-lived spouse could wreck the whole dynasty, which is a potential problem with the cloning route.  It's occurred to me that a Sim who lived as long as Justina in my legacy could have a child at the last possible moment and still (just) be around when the kid aged up to elder.  If that happened with the mother of gen 7, it'd be game over :(.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #155 on: August 02, 2020, 08:12:49 AM »
Milestones

481.Reading.jpg

Ford had a quiet childhood, watching TV, reading and having tea parties with his teddy.  No dressing up or Presiding Over the Royal Court at all.  What kind of a Carr is he?

482.Tea_party.jpg

Soon it was time for another birthday.

483.Ford_teen_BD.jpg

484.Ford_teen.jpg

Ford posed for the artists and then went back to his books.

Morgan reached the top of the military career.  I was too late to get the wish-fulfilling screenshot but his excitement was obvious :P.

485.Final_promotion.jpg

And a few days later he set off on his first mission.  He was thrilled, honest.

486.Astronaut.jpg

It wasn't a great success.  Halfway through the day, work was disrupted by Grim arriving to collect one of his co-workers.

487.Grim_interruption.jpg

Hang on, I thought Morgan was supposed to be in space?

He arrived back home in the early hours, stressed, tired and hungry.  I don't think he's really astronaut material.  As soon as everyone was awake, he retired.

488.Retirement.jpg

It seemed a good time for VW to clone the final member of the household.  (Well, the final one if everything goes according to plan.  I'm not relying on that any more.)  Minnie joined her in the lab to witness the momentous occasion.

489.Last_clone.jpg

"I kept my promise.  Welcome back, old friend."

490.Last_clone.jpg

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #156 on: August 02, 2020, 08:19:54 AM »
Milestones (cont'd)

Little Kia grew up into a deceptively solemn-looking toddler.

491.Toddler_Kia.jpg

She loved all of the toys but her favourite was the mechanical cow.  Morgan was pleased to see one of his creations being appreciated at last.

492.Toddler_Kia.jpg

In other news, social group influence is finally taking hold in the house.  VW's been a low-level nerd since forever but it's not spread to the others more than temporarily, possibly because video games and computers have been banned.  But now, with Morgan a level 10 athlete, jock influence is spreading.  VW and Portia are particularly fond of performing the school cheer.

493.School_cheer.jpg

(I like that screenshot because it almost looks as though the money trees are joining in.)

Oddly, considering what an uninvolved father he's been (I don't think he's had a single wish for Ford to learn skills, succeed at school or grow up well), Morgan suddenly wanted to add to the family.

494.Baby_wish.jpg

In fact, he kept re-rolling the wish after I cancelled it :o.  He even started taking an interest in his teenage son…

495.Bonding.jpg

…and wished to teach him to drive (as did every other adult in the house).  Grandma Portia actually did the honours, since she was free at the right time.  Ford was rewarded for passing his test with the traditional gift from the family.

496.Ford_car.jpg

He went to prom alone…

497.Limo.jpg

..and promptly started on the fights and romantic entanglements.

498.Maybe_gay.jpg

Ford's gay?!  Just what I need – another complication.  (Also, if someone else was the most popular guy in school, how come Ford was voted Prom King?)

Or maybe he's keeping his options open:  by the end of the evening, he had a female romantic interest, who will have to be asked to be 'just friends' at some point.  In the meantime, he bonded with his future wife.  Not creepy at all, obviously ::).

499.Ford_Kia.jpg

The age gap briefly became a little less disconcerting….

500.Child_Kia.jpg

…but then, the following day, it opened up again.

501.Ford_YA_BD.jpg

(Ford was clearly hoping for a book as a birthday present – a Sim after my own heart.)

He blew out the candles…

502.Ford_YA_BD.jpg

…and promptly lost most of his hair.

503.Ford_YA_BD.jpg

He'd read enough old books to know that having your hair cut off meant it would grow back curly.  So it did :).

504.Ford_YA.jpg

For a couch potato, he has oddly broad shoulders and impressive muscle definition.

505.Ford_YA.jpg

It must be from lugging around all of those hefty tomes ;).  Either that, or he's inherited his physique from Morgan, who took to working out when he was too old for the effects to be seen on his own body.

That evening, there was yet another birthday.

506.Opal_elder_BD.jpg

Opal settled gracefully into old age.  Maybe now people would stop staring when she and Morgan went out on a date.

507.Opal_elder.jpg

As is probably obvious, Kia is a clone of Evangeline Finch, one of the original dynasty helpers.  I'd always planned for her to be the final spouse.  I just hope it works out.

Credit: Ford Mustang by Fresh Prince.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #157 on: August 02, 2020, 09:46:34 AM »
Evangeline as the final donor is the full circle I could only timidly ask for. It's interesting getting genes from pre-made elders. I'm pretty sure most of them aren't aged down before being shipped out in a world so some are fine/hidden gems and some are...yeah. Kia seems to just fall into "mildly unusual child" territory with those cheekbones, so this isn't really about her. I wasn't expecting the hair color either!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #158 on: August 02, 2020, 09:57:43 AM »
I knew she'd have black hair - I tried ageing down all of the LP elders in another file before I started.  The one I really wanted in the family tree was Beulah - but her DNA went missing early on.

Offline Chubling

• Occult
« Reply #159 on: August 02, 2020, 12:27:41 PM »
Morgan really just wants to putter around his workshop. I can just imagine him trying to handle space and then just noping on back home. I love that he is the perfect old school dad. Wants to have kids, but then never actually wants to spend any time with them.

Ford is a stunner! Opal passed on some pretty genes! Ford is a looker! Opal makes a good looking elder too. The one perk of marrying a much older Immortal is that you can eventually catch up with them.

Kia makes an interesting kid with those cheekbones. I look forward to seeing how she and Ford get along. Hopefully it wont be another Opal/Robin situation where he's just not into the first choice.

The creepiness of much older sims helping raise their much younger spouses never gets less creepy (or useful), but is it a real sims game if your sims haven't done something immoral?

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #160 on: August 02, 2020, 01:16:49 PM »
Morgan really just wants to putter around his workshop. I can just imagine him trying to handle space and then just noping on back home.
:)  That's certainly the way it looked.

I love that he is the perfect old school dad. Wants to have kids, but then never actually wants to spend any time with them.
Yep, he's certainly consistent with the old-fashioned thing.  To be fair, he did change Kia's nappy once - but only once, as far as I noticed.

Kia makes an interesting kid with those cheekbones. I look forward to seeing how she and Ford get along. Hopefully it wont be another Opal/Robin situation where he's just not into the first choice.

The creepiness of much older sims helping raise their much younger spouses never gets less creepy (or useful), but is it a real sims game if your sims haven't done something immoral?
I really hope it works out.

In my first immortal dynasty, the spouses all moved in as adults - but I hadn't really noticed the lack of interesting genetics in random townies back then (probably because I was playing on a computer with appalling graphics at the time).

Offline Chubling

• Occult
« Reply #161 on: August 02, 2020, 01:56:34 PM »

Yep, he's certainly consistent with the old-fashioned thing.  To be fair, he did change Kia's nappy once - but only once, as far as I noticed.

Parenting accomplished! I chose to believe that was the moment he decided he wanted another child. Changed a single diaper and decided he was parent of the year. "This parenting thing is a breeze! I could handle another one even!"

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #162 on: August 15, 2020, 09:07:20 AM »
Sports Carr

Ford was offered a job as a sports agent and set off for the stadium next morning in his very fashionable work outfit ;).

508.Ford_work_uniform.jpg

While he was out, his parents moved into Robin's old bedroom and the heir's suite had yet another makeover.

509.Room.jpg

A small room that had been empty until now was turned into a suitable home office for a sports agent.

510.Study.jpg

Of course, Ford mostly worked from home on his phone, analysing statistics and, later, negotiating contracts…

511.Analysis.jpg

…but his study was a quiet place away from the rest of the family where he could write sports books…

512.Writing.jpg

…and relax by playing games – sports games, of course :).

513.Relaxing.jpg

(I've decided that Ford's supermax will be writing rather than social networking.  The game's getting quite slow and buggy and creating a load of new Sims with the Sim Finder app seemed like an unnecessary extra burden.  Also, after Morgan, I felt like taking things easy this generation.)

Morgan couldn't understand his son's career.  How could sitting in front of the TV, playing on his phone, be anything to do with sport?  The boy never took any exercise at all!

514.Sports.jpg

Now that he was retired, Morgan spent most of his time working out to the TV or various stereos (and often getting in everyone else's way), practising at the barre, exercising in the gym or continuing to terrorise less athletic family members with his idea of playing catch.

515.Catch.jpg

(I sincerely hope ambrosia prevents osteoporosis.  Otherwise, I'd worry about the little old ladies having balls hurled at them  :-\.)

Meanwhile, the youngest member of the household got on with growing up.  Kia, as a good clone, had been born artistic, which I was happy about, and flirty, which was mildly terrifying.  Fortunately, the trait remained silent for now and she behaved like any other child.  In fact, she seemed much more of a typical Carr than Ford had, always going for joyrides on the sofa or playing pretend.

516.Playing.jpg

She chose Visionary as her lifetime wish two days into childhood and received a camera and the photographer's eye trait as presents for her next birthday.

517.Teen_Kia.jpg

Morgan taught her to drive halfway through her teens and she was bought her own car in her favourite colour.

518.Car.jpg

Kia had a successful prom, being elected queen and having her first kiss with her childhood best friend, Igor May, who was now a romantic interest.

519.Prom.jpg

Igor's a nice, if bland-looking, Sim and is a frequent visitor to the Carr house.  Sadly, their romance is doomed.  The dynasty comes first.

And on that subject, I noticed that Ford and Kia were barely acquaintances.  Probably not too surprising, given that school and work took up so much of their days.  I started sending them to chat to each other every evening.  They cooperated by spontaneously talking about each other's interests and steadily worked their way up to best friends.

520.Chatting.jpg

Ford had reached the point in his career where he went everywhere in a limo.

521.Limo.jpg

That also meant that his performance suddenly depended on social networking and charisma – and he was expected to have high levels in both.  His relationship with Kia was put on hold again while he concentrated on skill-building.

522.Socnet_practice.jpg

523.Charisma_practice.jpg

Three days before his adult birthday, he became a team owner.

524.Team_owner.jpg

As usual, he stopped off in the town centre on his way home to meet new people and achieved his lifetime wish of being Super Popular.

525.LTW.jpg

(I wasn't expecting it, which is why the screenshot's rubbish.)

Back home, Kia was having another birthday.

526.Kia_YA_BD.jpg

527.Kia_YA.jpg

At last, she and Ford were in the same life stage, if only briefly.

528.Young_adults.jpg

Well, that looks like a promising start.  Let's hope things work out this time.

Credit: Kia Sportage by Fresh Prince.

Offline Chubling

• Occult
« Reply #163 on: August 15, 2020, 12:35:37 PM »
Get your man Kia! Work that clone magic. Maybe that creepy flirty trait will finally come in handy now that she isn't a child!

Offline starlives

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #164 on: August 16, 2020, 03:46:37 AM »
Congratulations on Ford's success achieving his LTW and career success. So now its romance time again. Lets hope Ford and Kia have a straightforward leap into married life. I used to dread the appearance of limos in my games, once I had Showtime they always seemed to cause bugs and I used to avoid careers that used them. Good luck with the next stage of this fascinating dynasty.

anything