Author Topic: The Vasquez Dynasty: Digital Diary of a Domestic Environmentalist  (Read 33771 times)

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
Re: The Vasquez Dynasty: Digital Diary of a Domestic Environmentalist
« Reply #90 on: May 17, 2011, 06:40:56 PM »
I... CAN NOT wait to see Agnes' reaction to this. ;D
Formerly Simstar3

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #91 on: May 18, 2011, 02:33:24 AM »
Hehe, go Cait!  :D What is Cait doing for her Reqs? Is it Gardening for Supermax and Career?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Phyre

• Occult
« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2011, 05:50:03 AM »
Woo! Unauthorized party *has flashback to when roomie did exactly that* Oh, wait, this could go very badly LOL

I remember one of my own unauthorized parties... Yes, this definitely could go very badly :P

Oh man! And here I was going to bribe my way in! Are you sure 100 Simoleons won't cut it?
Going to Plan B, where did I leave my dinosaur costume? Oh right, it doesn't get here for 2 more weeks!
I guess I'll just have to abduct one of the invited guests on their way to the party and go in their place. Hmmm, yes, that should work.

No worries Lily, you are definitely invited! No need to cross the law to get inside. Now those Landgraabs...

Oh goody - a surprise party!   Is that Malcolm Landgraab with the blond ponytail?  If so, dang he's buff!  In my game he ended up as a fat, pasty vampire. 

Yes! That's Malcolm! When I saw them hanging outside the house and looked at Malcolm my eyes did just a little popping.

Malcolm's made appearences in other dynasties and he more often than not becomes (a bit) chubby. But in mine he's giving Hank a run for his money! And you can't even see the extent of it because he's slouched over his book like that. Although we both know he's not reading - just plotting a way onto the premises.

Hehe, go Cait!  :D What is Cait doing for her Reqs? Is it Gardening for Supermax and Career?

Her career is indeed Gardening, and her supermax is supposed to be Gardening as well. However, to complete the "19 unique plants" challenge she'll need the ability to grow omniplants (or foreign plants). Not knowing how (un)lucky she'll be getting those opportunities, I'm keeping Cooking close at hand as a safeguard. I really want Cooking to be a free-for-all skill, it's just much easier that way, but I won't fail my dynasty over stubbornness :P

Looking forward to seeing what happens.
I... CAN NOT wait to see Agnes' reaction to this. ;D

I'm so sorry updates have been so slow!

I have a lot of work on my plate right now and it's hard to fit it all in my schedule. I put a lot of time in my gameplay, as well as in writing and making the updates, so it's not something I can just do in that free hour.

There will be an update today however, I promise! Later though (my tonight), as I am stealing borrowing time from work right now to browse the forums.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2011, 10:55:33 AM »
Yaayz! ;D
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Phyre

• Occult
« Reply #94 on: May 21, 2011, 11:52:03 AM »
Chapter 7: About Birthdays, Cameras, and Guys

Paragraph 1: Happy Birthday To Me

Entry 39
     Dear Erik,

It's my Adult birthday today.

My Adult birthday.

I just realized what that means. One whole stage of my life, just gone, spent without you.
     Most people would look forward to this rite of passage, marking perhaps a turning point in
     their lives; shaking off that last naive bit of youth.

I lost that the day you died.

So for me, my birthday marks nothing but the passing of time. Time's a funny thing
     though, not static, always moving. Past, present, future, they're all one. Every day I
     spend without you, is another day spent without you, but is also another day closer to
     making everything right. And I will make it right, I promise you that!

While I'm sitting here, reflecting on my Young Adulthood with you, it's very clear what
     the most significant events in my life have been. Your death. Realizing what my new
     purpose in life would be, to get back that which was stolen from us. And finally meeting
     Caitlin; the road to my - to our - destination.

Things really are going rather well. There are days where I'm not feeling sad all the time.

Caitlin's really quite talented at gardening, so I have confidence that will turn out just
     right for us. I wish she could garden without complaining all the time though, but really all
     that can do is give me a headache.

I'm still working on my cooking - since I couldn't convince Pauline to do so - but I don't
     have very far to go. Which means I have a lot of time on my hands to do what I love
     most.

Painting.

And even that's become more enjoyable with Pauline sculpting next to me. She's a
     remarkable young woman, I definitely underestimated her. She's so incredibly perceptive.
     She has a knack for picking up on people's moods and she's always one step ahead of
     you. I don't even get around to arguing with Caitlin anymore, Pauline seems to know just
     what to say to defuse every explosive situation. I do wonder how long that can last
     though, she won't always be around.

But for now, for now it seems to work.

The only annoying thing about Pauline is that's she's so chipper. Always trying to get
     others in that same, childish, mood. I think that's why she wanted to throw me a birthday
     party. But I don’t want a party, all the people, and all the noise.

I like being alone.

You may have noticed I haven’t said anything about Hank yet. He’s proven a bit of a
     complication in my scheme. I instructed him to go fishing – I needed him to go fishing,
     but he simply refused! So I ordered him to do the work around the house, figuring he’d
     get tired of it soon enough and gladly pick up fishing. I was only partly right on that. He
     did get tired of all the housework, but fishing is not on his mind. He’s just gone, all day
     long. Probably picking up girls at the park. Still, something has to happen. I’m not
     touching those slimy monstrous creatures and we need that one fish.

Picking up girls…

Girls!

I think I may have figured out how to persuade Hank! I’ll just

Sorry love. Pauline called from the house – I have to go now. I wonder what she wants...

I’ll talk to you soon again.

Happy Birthday to me,
     Your Agnes

Authors Note: After writing all of Chapter 7, I realized that it had become way to big to be one update (once I start writing I have a hard time stopping :P). So over the next few days I'll release the different paragraphs I've split Chapter 7 into. Good thing about this is that everything is already written, so nothing will stop me from posting an update a day until Chapter 7 ends! Sorry about this update being so serious, it was supposed to be offset against the lighter "rest of the day", but well, you know what happened there.

Natsuko

« Reply #95 on: May 21, 2011, 12:06:39 PM »
Great update! I'm anticipating Agnes' and Caitlin's reactions to this ;D

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #96 on: May 21, 2011, 03:26:27 PM »
Me too! ^^
Formerly Simstar3

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #97 on: May 21, 2011, 06:11:05 PM »
I wonder what Hank actually is doing?
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #98 on: May 21, 2011, 06:12:27 PM »
Probably just what Agnes thinks.
Cheating on Pauline.
Formerly Simstar3

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #99 on: May 21, 2011, 07:13:22 PM »
@ Phyre, it's possible to Supermax Gardening for Generation 1, I did it. The Omni Plant Chain of Opps normally does come up shortly after maxing Gardening, well it does for me.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Phyre

• Occult
« Reply #100 on: May 22, 2011, 05:22:08 AM »
Chapter 7: About Birthdays, Cameras, and Guys

Paragraph 2: Surprise! Surprise!

Portable Video Camera: Recording 1

'Oh! Here she comes! Hank, sweetie, do you have the camera running?'
     'Yesss! The camera’s set; we’re ready for the action!'
     'Make sure to zoom in on her reaction.'
     'Ine, we went over this, I’m not senile.'
     'Yet.'
     'Very fun...'
     'Shh! Here she comes.'

'Pauline? Hank! What a surprise to see you. We haven’t seen you around the house for
     such a long time now, I was beginning to think you might have fallen into some deep blue
     ey…ocean.'
     'Nope, sorry to disappoint you! No falling into any oceans here.'
     'I can see that. Pauline, what’s so important that it couldn’t wait?'
     'Well, Hank and I wanted to surprise you!'
     'Surprise me?'
     'HAPPY BIRTHDAY Nes!'
     'Oh. Thanks. I don’t know what to…is that a
VIDEO camera?'

'Relax Nes! It won’t bite! We’re going to film your entire birthday! You’re becoming an
     Adult, that’s an important occasion and can not just go by quietly.'
     'Wait. My entire birthday… Pauline, you didn’t!'
     'All in due time! Come! Hank and I got you a gift.'
     'I don…'
     'Nes. Honestly. Can’t you just enjoy something for once? You need to have a little fun girl!
     Come on!'

'Ine, want me to?'
     'Yes, I’ll take the camera so you have your hands free.'
     'Here, make sure to... Watch out!'
     'Oops.'

'Da…'
     'I got it! I got it! Don’t panic!'
     'Women.'
     'I heard that!'
     'If this doesn't look promising...'
     'Cheer up grumpy! It’s going to be be such a great day! You’ll love our gift.'
     'I doubt that. Hank’s got to have his hands free for it.'
     'Just wait and see.'

'I get time in the dining room? You shouldn’t have!'
     'We know that you love this room, we thought it’d be a fitting background décor.'
     'Background for what?'
     'Hank’s going to take your portraits as a Young Adult!'
     'Portrait as in Photography?'
     'Yes!'
     'Hank can’t take photographs.'
     'Yes, he can! We wanted it to be a surprise. He’s been practicing really hard these past few
     days, he learnt all there is to learn about photography.'
     'Turns out I have quite the photographer’s eye!'
     'You’ve been photographing? With what? Your cell phone?'
     'Nes, you're such a smart woman, but sometimes...'
     'I bought a camera in the consignment store, a Hikon QX40di Gladiator, it's the best one
     out there, it has...'
     'And what
exactly did that little joke cost us?'
     'I bought it second hand of course, we didn't nearly pay full price.'
     'The camera Hank picked up will pay for itself Nes, photography is really quite profitable.'
     'Ine...!'
     'Pay for itself. Ok. Did you also employ yourself Hank?'
     '...'
     'Please, please, please, can we talk about this tomorrow? It doesn't matter right this
     instant anyway, right?'
     'I guess it can wait until tomorrow, but don't think I'll forget Hank and don't you
dare take
     off before sunrise again!'
     'He won't! Now let's play nice guys, the camera's still running!'

'So. Photography. And you’ve mastered it in just a few days?! Hank, I find that impossible.'
     'Nothing’s impossible chéri, let me show you what Hank can do!'
     'That's my man!'

A little while later.

Portable Video Camera: Recording 2

'Is the camera running again Ine?'
     'I’m not sure… I think so, but the screen is completely black!'
     'Let me see. You’ve got to press this yellow button right there.'

'See?'
     'Ah! Now we’ve got a visual, thanks hon. Will you get Agnes?'
     'Sure yea, be right back.'

'What are we doing here? These rooms aren’t even finished yet. Pauline?'
     'Hank’s been using it to display his photographs. Today those are all yours.'

'What do you think Nes? You can keep as many as you like.'
     'I don’t… I don’t know what to say.'
     'Not half bad huh?'
     'No. They’re… they’re...'
     'Beautiful! Just like you! Happy Birthday hon. You deserve it.'
     'Ine, you may want to turn the camera off again. We still need enough battery to film the
     party.'
     'What pa.
'

Authors Note 1: That Hikon camera showed up the second day of my game. You won't believe how excited I was! That is, until I realized I couldn't afford it. I didn't really have a lot of experience with how long consignment shop items stay up there, so I was just crossing my fingers I would still be there when I could pay for it. So when I moved Agnes and Pauline and Hank in, first thing I did was check the consignment shop. Just my luck: it was bugged! 4 o' clock and I couldn't buy anything anymore. Luckily it was still there the next day, but I was definitely sweating it!
Authors Note 2: Sometimes I set ridiculous goals for myself that I must finish. Maxing Hank's photography before Agnes' birthday and getting him enough LTHP for a Midlife Crisis was one of them. The good thing about photography is that it's very easy to max, and with all the wishes to skill up and photograph this or that Hank got just enough points to go through a Midlife Crisis right before he had to take Agnes' pictures.
Authors Note 3: Yes, even after a Midlife Crisis Hank still has Commitment Issues. I kept 3 out of his 5 original traits.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #101 on: May 22, 2011, 05:42:13 AM »
Awesome update! Hurray for Aggie, and congrats Hank on maxing Photography! Are you destined to SuperMax it as well? ;D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #102 on: May 22, 2011, 06:18:50 AM »
Go Hank on maxing Photography!! Agnes' photoshoot is amazing!!
Another note, does Agnes know about the dynasty and plan on telling Caitlyn or is my theory totally wrong?
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #103 on: May 22, 2011, 11:36:05 AM »
I love Agnes' photo montage, very cool, I can't wait to play with a camera! (Still haven't installed my copy of WA)

Man, that pond is so pretty, it makes such a lovely background, great job!
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #104 on: May 22, 2011, 11:46:05 AM »
Amazing updates - I love how you've breathed life into Hank and Pauline - I've never been interested in them much before, but your dynasty changes everything.  I love your interpretation of Agnes!  She shows up in so many dynasties but I feel like I'm getting to know her for the first time.

Congrats on the camera and awesome job on Agnes's photos - they are stunning!