Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 650963 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #1785 on: April 24, 2013, 08:25:16 AM »
I've gotten that before and then when I tried it again it would work.   Clearing caches and all that.  You could try that or go back to the last save that works but sometimes it happens for multiple files so make sure to do the basics regardless. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #1786 on: April 24, 2013, 11:05:15 AM »
Unfortunately I had already deleted the misbehaving file when I read your post so my only option was to open up one of the back ups, luckily I only lost about 8 sim hours if I remember correctly.

You learn something new everyday it seems, at least I know what to do if the issue pops up again.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1787 on: May 06, 2013, 05:14:54 PM »
Well, my file has gotten stupid. I cleared all the caches and everything (650 files, whoops!) to improve the load time. The game itself is still with Generation 1 - in her childhood. No travel at all. And it takes a good 7-10 minutes to load.

So I did what all smart people do. I deleted the file :P - I'll come back to this particular couple (Connor Frio and his mysterious wife), but I just wasn't feeling the connection there to care. So I figure, time to start over.

But beyond cache clearing, I have no idea what would have caused this file to hang up. The big renovation I did to the house was to split Jared's room (the one with the single bed) into a room and a nursery/child's room.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1788 on: May 06, 2013, 05:16:34 PM »
What were your settings?   How many buildings did you add?  Did any of them have the steep inclines?

Any of this could cause routing issues with animals and sims.  Did you forget to remove Memories?  Did you have major rain?

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1789 on: May 06, 2013, 05:24:33 PM »
Settings set to normal use - all occults on, celebrity off. I added...3? buildings. Maybe 4, no inclines because they make me crazy (if it can't lay flat, it won't be placed). Memories were off (I didn't get the chance to do the challenge like I'd wanted), and all the rain so far was just sprinkles.

I think Jared was just mad at me he had to share his room.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #1790 on: May 08, 2013, 08:15:09 PM »
What is the policy on selling cameras at the start of a decadynasty? I know that all players have to be on the same level for the immortal dynasty, hence the rules on selling cameras, but decadynasty players aren't on a level playing field when they start.

Simply put, I'm tired of carrying around a bunch of cameras in my own decadynasty. :P
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1791 on: May 08, 2013, 08:28:29 PM »
What is the policy on selling cameras at the start of a decadynasty? I know that all players have to be on the same level for the immortal dynasty, hence the rules on selling cameras, but decadynasty players aren't on a level playing field when they start.

Simply put, I'm tired of carrying around a bunch of cameras in my own decadynasty. :P

The Immortal dynasty is the only one where you have to either sell or keep.   And just so you know the dynasty only refers to the first camera.  After that you can sell all of the ones from move-ins.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #1792 on: May 08, 2013, 08:44:07 PM »
Thanks for the answer on both threads. I kept all of them to this point just in case there was a rule I missed.

Considering how my founder has a money-related LTW, he'll probably appreciate the help :P (I'm saving the Midas Touch for after he's a five-star celebrity, so I know when his LTW will complete).
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1793 on: May 08, 2013, 09:22:13 PM »
Thanks for the answer on both threads. I kept all of them to this point just in case there was a rule I missed.

Considering how my founder has a money-related LTW, he'll probably appreciate the help :P (I'm saving the Midas Touch for after he's a five-star celebrity, so I know when his LTW will complete).

If you ever need and I'm online, I will gladly send a Midas touch and some wish enhancing serums your way.   I have a stock pile in both of my life states dynasties.  Good luck!

Offline Makenziegma

• Townie
« Reply #1794 on: May 12, 2013, 12:56:39 AM »
I have three questions:  1) Does the family have to be friends with or just have 10 NPCs visit their home before heir moves out? The spreadsheet looks like visit but the rules look like they must be friends before the heir moves out. This can present a problem with babysitters unless there are younger siblings, as well as, many other problems.
2) When a best friend becomes a old friend, it no longer shows up as best friend. Do we just remember the status that they last were?
3) Is an alien considered a NPC if you become friends? This seems similar to a tourist to me.   ???

Thank you very much!!!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1795 on: May 12, 2013, 12:59:23 AM »
1) They have to have 10 NPC friends at the time the heir moves out.  These NPCs just have to have the career babysitter.   Sometimes they don't age up all that fast.
2) Only if that old friend maintains the relationship level appropriate for best friend.  If they start hiding near the good friends and friends they don't count.
3) Alien is not an NPC.  NPC have specific jobs.  Aliens are just homeless townies.  They don't have a job description.

Offline Kasumitkhs

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1796 on: May 17, 2013, 04:43:50 PM »
I got a question.
If Heir A has level 10 in the Handiness skill (but not SuperMax), can Heir B SuperMax Handiness?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1797 on: May 17, 2013, 04:44:53 PM »
No.   Part of the Supermax is also maxing the skill.  An heir's supermax can never be maxed by another heir.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #1798 on: May 17, 2013, 05:51:40 PM »
1) They have to have 10 NPC friends at the time the heir moves out.  These NPCs just have to have the career babysitter.   Sometimes they don't age up all that fast.

Just to clarify before someone takes this out of context and thinks that all NPC friends must be babysitters, it says in the rules all the types of NPCs that are allowed.

By samoht04

Offline Makenziegma

• Townie
« Reply #1799 on: May 19, 2013, 01:11:33 AM »
If a sim meets all the requirements as a young adult. The sim has: maxed up a skill; collection of 10 similar items; friends both :'( best friends and NPC); honor roll; etc. MUST they wait until they  are an adult or can they marry and move as a young adult? I know the rules states adult, but I'm just checking. The original pair could be young adults....do all the heirs have to wait though?  Thank you!!!

anything