Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 653929 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #1800 on: May 19, 2013, 01:12:26 AM »
Yes the rules state they have to be in the adult life stage before they can move.  This means not YA or elder but adult.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #1801 on: May 24, 2013, 09:53:45 PM »
Are Gambling and Archery (and Violin) off limits for skill supermaxes for the dynasty challenges as well as for the challenges leading to the world rating, or just for the challenges leading to the world rating?

Also, I know that Gambling came courtesy of Lucky Palms, but where do Archery (and Violin) come from?

Dek

PS Cross posting to all three dynasty challenge files.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #1802 on: May 24, 2013, 09:57:46 PM »
I know that gambling isn't a valid supermax because it doesn't have skill challenges. Archery and violin come with an upcoming set that ties into Dragon Valley, and I don't know if those skills will have challenges or not.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1803 on: May 24, 2013, 10:30:23 PM »
Please don't cross post in the future.

At this time, gambling is off limits.   We won't know about anything else until it's an actual skill.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #1804 on: May 26, 2013, 06:07:48 AM »
Can we use University Life CAS and/or build and buy mode content? I assume we're still not allowed the actual University Campus features and community lots, but I would really like to use some of the items with my DecaDynasty.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1805 on: May 26, 2013, 07:29:43 AM »
bubbles, you can use everything in CAS and practically everything in build/buy mode (the only exception I can think of is the Wishing Well from Lucky Palms). As for the buildings from University Life, if you want the comic store or bowling alley, you can get them by putting a copy in the library, so it will be available when you open Edit Town at the beginning of your game. Incidentally, the bookstore sells comics. Hope this helps.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #1806 on: May 26, 2013, 08:00:58 AM »
That's good. I'm really glad we can use everything. Thanks Marian!
Bubbles's Workshop

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #1807 on: May 26, 2013, 01:16:04 PM »
Can we use University Life CAS and/or build and buy mode content? I assume we're still not allowed the actual University Campus features and community lots, but I would really like to use some of the items with my DecaDynasty.

The rules regarding University Life content were changed quite awhile ago. Are you keeping up with the thread and checking the rules frequently to see if they've changed?

By samoht04

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #1808 on: May 26, 2013, 02:30:47 PM »
Yes I am. I must have missed it because I was actively following the Life States Dynasty thread when University Life came out and saw that we were not allowed that content until further notice. Then I stopped looking at the challenge threads for awhile. At the time I didn't have UL (I only got it a week ago). I started following this thread again about three or four weeks ago. I read through the rules and nothing stated whether we were allowed University Content, hence why I was unaware of any changes.

Sorry for not keeping up with rules for that space of time.
Bubbles's Workshop

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1809 on: May 26, 2013, 03:24:07 PM »
It's ok that you didn't while you were away but it's one of those things where going back to the last time you read a thread and reading what you missed may be a really good thing.  That way you also don't miss any other things that have come out since then regarding rulings against certain players.  Especially here in the townie thread. 

No worries.   The link to my University Life post is right here.  It was on page 67.  As for the reason you weren't allowed was because we didn't have all the proper information yet.  As a team of three we work with each other for opinions and getting content thoroughly checked out as best we can.  We said not to use it so people wouldn't fail themselves while that information was gathered and discussed.

Good luck!

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #1810 on: May 26, 2013, 03:56:11 PM »
Thanks Rica! I'll bookmark that so I can refer to it if I ever forget (That will probably be tomorrow knowing my short-term memory!).

It's a shame I missed that post as now I can't place any of the lots in Riverview but it won't make much difference to me. I can still enjoy University in the University world in my Dynasty file and in all my other files.
Bubbles's Workshop

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #1811 on: May 28, 2013, 07:14:00 AM »
Sorry to double post, but my game has completely frozen. Am I allowed to shut down my computer without saving?

Edit: The game crashed shortly after I posted, anyway. I've deleted the screenshots and will attempt to follow the same story line when I reload the game later.
Bubbles's Workshop

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1812 on: May 28, 2013, 04:18:02 PM »
If the game freezes, you have no choice but to shut down.   There is nothing we can do to make it unfreeze generally.  It's just a loss of playtime which always hurts a little on the inside.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1813 on: May 29, 2013, 05:24:49 PM »
With the release of Dragon Valley on May 30th, all players of the dynasty challenges are asked to refrain from using any of it's content until the challenge board team has had time to review what is being released. 

If you want to explore the new content, that is what a new game is for.   Dynasties are not allowed to be started in this world until after the go ahead is given.   That means don't start one saying "Oh they'll approve it of course.  I just won't post until they do."

Remember the challenge team is made up of people, too.   Two out of three have children of their own while the other one's job centers around children.  We have families and we would like to play some ourselves while still making sure you guys have all the information you need.   Just like with University Life, we will get back to everyone as soon as is possible with our three schedules.   This material is not banned infinitely.  Just for now.

Thank you.

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #1814 on: May 30, 2013, 10:15:47 PM »
I've made a spread sheet. It is simpler than Gheeze's, but not as well formatted. I hope someone will appreciate it! ;D
Go Wild.

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

anything