Author Topic: Weird Pics, funny posts or something new?  (Read 1630859 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Weird Pics, funny posts or something new?
« Reply #585 on: July 17, 2010, 12:11:43 AM »
Welcome to our Forum, Matsue!

There was a recent discussion about playing chess with Grim for someone's life.  Many didn't know it was possible.  Thanks for the picture of it!
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #586 on: July 22, 2010, 05:16:39 AM »
I found this funny.

I have been using this treasure room to store crystal skulls and large ingots (I want one of each kind). Looks like 2 of my gnomes thought that they deserve to be shown off as treasure too:

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #587 on: July 22, 2010, 06:23:11 AM »
@pallyndrome could you take a picture in the day time or turn some lights on I can't really make out the Gnomes?

Cool skulls by the way!  ;) I like the Tiberium, will it transform or stay the same?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #588 on: July 22, 2010, 07:54:01 AM »
Sorry, I'll try again with some lights on and zoomed in.
And I really hope my tiberium skull doesn't transform! Maybe I'll move it next to other tiberiums to be sure?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #589 on: July 22, 2010, 08:37:05 AM »
Thanks, thats much better!  ;D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #590 on: July 22, 2010, 08:51:04 AM »
Ha, ha, I'm more impressed by your completely extravagant collection of gem skullls than the funny gnomes beside them. ;)
He, cool picture pallyndrome. :)
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #591 on: July 22, 2010, 05:47:35 PM »
@ pallyndrome, you don't have to worry about that Tiberium skull transforming.  It will stay in skull form without putting it beside anything.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TollingBells

• Occult
« Reply #592 on: July 23, 2010, 06:59:32 AM »
There was a recent discussion about playing chess with Grim for someone's life.  Many didn't know it was possible.  Thanks for the picture of it!

That may be a reference to another media. I read a book when I was younger about a kid playing chess with the devil to save his half brother and uncle, after said devil had already killed the rest of his family. I have also heard it referenced in other stuff, like lolcats pictures and on other forums. I'll look around and see what I can find.

-Edit- I found info easily. Here's a few links.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090125203448AAb2Dd3 This is a simple story about the devil and a man playing in a painting, apparently told in Christian ministries for a long time. However...
http://www.chessville.com/reviews/SchachaufOlgemalden.htm In this link, the picture second down, to the right, you'll see death losing to someone at chess. This is probably what the reference is about...Though I wonder if you could play with Grimmy on a different platform for a soul...

Okay, I'll get back on topic. Sorry.
You don't have to feel like a waste of space
You're original, cannot be replaced
If you only knew, what the future holds
After a hurricane comes a rainbow

-Katy Perry, Fireworks

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #593 on: July 23, 2010, 08:16:22 AM »
Thanks wildredchild, I'll put it back with the rest of my skulls :) I have only 2 more skulls to collect - soulpeace and flourite :) and 3 large ingots - plutonium, woohooium and mummitomium (the last of which might take me a million years)

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #594 on: July 23, 2010, 08:42:50 AM »
TollingBells: The greatest popularisation of that story is through the movie, The Seventh Seal. EA has previously said that it is a reference to that.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
« Reply #595 on: July 24, 2010, 07:59:57 AM »
Ha, ha, I'm more impressed by your completely extravagant collection of gem skullls than the funny gnomes beside them. ;)
He, cool picture pallyndrome. :)

I think that's the full collection - apart from the new one that came with Ambitions.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #596 on: July 24, 2010, 09:43:50 AM »
Slingsby -  :o wow - are those septarian and geode skulls? How did you make those? I thought they were impossible. Can you list all of them? I'd like to make sure I have each one. :) And if this is getting to much off topic - maybe you could private message me? I'd be very grateful.  :-*

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
« Reply #597 on: July 24, 2010, 03:19:27 PM »
Slingsby -  :o wow - are those septarian and geode skulls? How did you make those? I thought they were impossible. Can you list all of them? I'd like to make sure I have each one. :) And if this is getting to much off topic - maybe you could private message me? I'd be very grateful.  :-*

Yup ... Septarian, Geode and all the other 'glassy' ones.  The Tiberium skull is in a 'safe room' where we grow Tiberium, and is now used also for storing [hahahaha] the Gnomes.

I'll try to remember to do that list.  Busy weekend ahead, it won't be until mid-week.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #598 on: July 24, 2010, 03:54:37 PM »
Amazing Skulls everyone!!!  Wow!  What's the recipe for skulls again?  A gemstone in every cut on the display cabinet?

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #599 on: July 24, 2010, 04:05:48 PM »
Amazing Skulls everyone!!!  Wow!  What's the recipe for skulls again?  A gemstone in every cut on the display cabinet?

Here is a link to the guide for transfiguration http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/skills/collecting/worldadventures/transfiguration.php