Author Topic: Chant Immortal Dynasty - Failed  (Read 32396 times)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Chant Immortal Dynasty - Failed
« on: January 20, 2015, 08:39:15 AM »
Chant Immortal Dynasty

Chapter One: The First E-mail
Chapter Two: Brother And Sister
Chapter Three: Life As I Know It
Chapter Four: Here's Looking At You Kid
Chapter Five: Two Princes -- Vote (Closed)
Chapter Six: So Long And Thanks For All The Fish (And Food) -- Eulogy
Chapter Seven: And The Winner Is...? -- (Voting Result)
Chapter Eight: No Good Advice
Chapter Nine: The First Of Us -- Immortal Stats
Chapter Ten: The Pains And Joys Of Motherhood
Chapter Eleven: Under My Thumb
Chapter Twelve: Family
Chapter Thirteen: The Last Days Of Childhood
Chapter Fourteen: Sorrow
Chapter Fifteen: End Of The Bromance -- Eulogy
Chapter Sixteen: I Like Pink But I'm Not Girly
Chapter Seventeen: I Declare A Clone War
Chapter Eighteen: Unhappy V-Day
Chapter Nineteen: Gone But Not Forgotten -- Eulogy
Chapter Twenty: Waiting
Chapter Twenty-One: Kessy's Holiday
Chapter Twenty-Two: Bigby Bear
Chapter Twenty-Three: Mischief Managed
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
Re: Chant Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 08:45:58 AM »
The First E-mail

I'm retweeting a cute picture of my nephew and nieces when I get an e-mail alert. I'm one of those people who doesn't check her inbox regularly so I decide it's high time I cleared out all the junk and then find there's a surprise waiting for me. An e-mail from Janet Chant. For those who don't know me Janet Chant is a Sim I created after a character from the Chrestomanci series. Imagine my shock - was it a random name some computer somewhere had generated? Was I just feeling guilty for not playing The Sims 3 for several months now? Didn't the new Sims game come out recently? Instead of boring you and myself with endless questions that would be answered simply by opening the e-mail, I did just that: opened the e-mail.

Dear NJ,

It's been over a year since you last made time for me so I thought I'd give you an early birthday present: The Sims 4. I had so much fun creating myself for the first time (you'll notice I have my original hair colour and you have no right to change it!). I'll admit choosing my outfits took longer than expected (I almost forgot what my real purpose was). So, here I am enjoying the beauty of Willow Creek.

I would have chosen Oasis Springs as it reminds me of Lucky Palms then I remember my family are lost and I can't deal with that right now. I did have a look at the lot I could have lived in. Would you believe it, I found the Landgraabs! Malcolm greeted me and seemed to think I was friends with his parents, so I followed him upstairs. Nancy gave me a dirty look and went to get a cup of Joe (I have no idea what she meant). Geoffrey and I started talking and I brought up his alternative life which he thought was quite fascinating. I also told him about the Immortal Dynasties that you failed and hoped he and his family could help me and not my Watcher.

Malcolm didn't give two hoots about leaving their luxury home to move in with the local tramp (Nancy's name for me). With the Landgraabs money I was able to build a house - a lot better than you, I might add, so I expect a lot of praise in your reply to me. Who knew the ability to move an entire house would be a lifesaver. The red building in the background is a 'secret' Wendy house I enjoyed building, you can see more of it when there are children around.

The Landgraabs wasted no time in picking up new skills. Geoffrey started cooking with the basic - garden salad - while Malcolm asked for his help with homework he'd neglected. I watched Nancy fishing from a distance as she wouldn't let me anywhere near her, I was glad to see a smile on her face and she even whistled while gardening.

Now that everyone else was getting into their routines, I made my way to the music room and after contemplating which instrument to try first, picked up the violin. The ghastly whining of a cat dying could be heard all over the ground floor of the house for the next two hours.

The first day of work went by without incident so after freshening up I headed to the local nightclub. You'll understand my disbelief in seeing so many Sims in one place for the first time in my lives. Several Sims actually talked to me and we all managed to perfect the terrible Dad-dancing you see at weddings. I also met the man of my dreams, isn't he gorgeous? I was in a fit of giggles when he agreed to go on a date the next day.

Of course, I was talking about Gavin Richards and not Don Lothario - he looks exactly like your cousin so that would also make him my cousin in a weird way and I'm not going there! Gavin and I are both creative and spent hours talking books and favourite bands. I didn't achieve the Gold Event as I had to run off to work but did manage to arrange a second date.

Our first kiss was awkward and certainly took Gavin by surprise, but after that there wasn't a minute that went by without our lips touching. Thankfully it also meant I got my first Gold Event out of the way, not bad for a girl without her Watcher.

I must say I'm really proud of Nancy. She was keeping the garden well tended and using the poorer quality fish as fertiliser. I was a little sorry her relationship with Geoffrey had soured since he was ensuring there were future townies populating the world. One evening she approached me with an idea that I couldn't but help approve (more on this later, in the meantime you can try and guess what Nancy was up to).

On my third date with Gavin I decided to stay a little closer to home. Nancy abandoned her fishing spot to give us space, so we sat watching the sun set over the stream with crickets chirping and the leaves rustling softly. I explained to Gavin why one of the richest Sim family had ventured to basically slave away and hand over their entire fortune to help a stranger in town. He nodded in the right places but I could see him struggling over an internal debate. Gavin after all had only recently left home to live with new roommates and was just getting used to that life. I wouldn't blame him if he wanted nothing further to do with me. Even so I got down on my knees - ignored my dusty tights - and asked him to be mine forever. When he agreed I felt my heart melt and there were a lot of tears and delighted screams.

As I wondered whether to invite J Huntingdon III to live with us, Geoffrey made his first gourmet meal - a cake to celebrate the impending wedding. For the first time we all sat together to eat (our schedules weren't so crazy now).

Gavin got a new computer in the living room as Malcolm constantly trolled on forums as soon as he got home from school. He wanted to write fantasy novels and before long had sent his first book to the publishers.

And J? Well, J was doing the only thing I had in mind for him.

I planned the wedding on Friday after spending the previous night decorating, moving and changing the layout of the garden several times. I'm still not happy with the result but Nancy was getting so irritated with me (she reminds me of my dear Mum) that I hurriedly placed a bar and forgot no one had the mixology skill. J stepped in and we all changed  into our formal wear (tux and wedding dress for Gavin and I) and waited for the guests to arrive. There were only a few people I had managed to make friends with: Zoe Patel, Don Lothario (my new long lost cousin), the Calientes and another woman who had also moved to town the same day as me. (I honestly forget her name all the time, I fear she will no longer want to be friends soon!).

Gavin and I stood at the arch and patiently waited for our guests. It took two tries, J was forever flirting or showing off at the bar and the Landgraabs were fighting because Nancy's new boyfriend was crashing the party. At last we said our vows. Nancy did not look too happy that her boyfriend had left, and poor Zoe - who was heavily pregnant - couldn't get a seat with Don blocking the aisle. My darling had forgotten his glasses so he spent the whole time squinting and almost poked Katrina with the knife when the wedding cake was brought out.

We managed to get our second Gold Event and that night Gavin and I tried for a baby. I was slightly disappointed we didn't conceive but it meant we could try again and the second time we were successful. I don't know where the confetti came from but it sure did make the moment much more special.

In the other bathroom Nancy was also celebrating.

See you next time!

Love, JC.

PS - I don't mean you know who!

I can't help laughing at the last line. I'm really glad it was my Janet and not spam mail. I read through the e-mail again, admiring the pictures and must have spent at least ten minutes staring closely at Don and thinking how freakish it is that he resembles my cousin so much. I shut down the computer and go back to checking Twitter feeds.

That night I find myself dreaming of Willow Creek and wonder who Nancy's baby-daddy will be.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 11:31:36 PM »
What an amazing start! I am loving this already - so unique and funny. I really can't wait to see what happens with Janet and the rest of the Chant household  ;D

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 05:07:36 PM »
@KTK10 - Thank you so much for the compliment, I'm really enjoying TS4 which I had doubts about so I thought doing this challenge would be fun.

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
  • Time changes people hearts...
    • arimau's Playground
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 05:25:49 PM »
That’s interesting writing style that you got there. I was laughing at the long lost cousin line. I also have one! I love the look of the house; I’m still wondering how to create something like that. It looks simple yet comfortable to live in.

Good luck with your Dynasty attempt!
Arimau's Playground
Life Sounds Like (Complete)
This Is I Promise You: Bad Day

"Whatever you are, be a good one" - Abraham Lincoln -
"Because out of the heart's store come the words of the mouth." - unknown -

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 05:42:30 PM »
@arimau Thank you, I wanted the writing to be natural and I've been with Janet for so long it's pretty easy for me to do that. I still just gawk at Don, fortunately my cousin only resembles him and doesn't share his traits  ;)

The house took five long days to build and decorate. I almost gave up as I get bored when it takes so long but it's the best thing I have built in the Sims.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 08:41:50 PM »
That was fabulous!  Love the letter ^^  Bookmarked!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2015, 08:26:56 AM »
@Shewolf13 Thanks, Wolf, glad you're reading I always enjoy your stories  ;)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2015, 08:36:08 AM »
Brother And Sister

Dear NJ,

Thank you for your reply, I did fret over if you'd bother to do so or even if you read the e-mail!

Time passes by so fast. Nancy and I have ballooned in size, there is absolutely no way we are having twins with six people in the house already. I've already decided on a name for my future heir but I see Nancy pouring over books for ideas and her boyfriend has been helping her make a list. Talking of her baby-daddy, here he is:

Don't judge her please, he really is quite sweet when they're together. Unfortunately, Geoffrey didn't like someone else messing around with his wife and Nancy said the same back to him and Johnny couldn't get a word in. The rest of the house could hear the argument and we were horrified when Nancy yelled the D word. Geoffrey stomped out and shortly afterwards I saw Johnny leave, looking relieved.

I was thankful Malcolm wasn't home to witness his parents separation. He was having relationship worries of his own with Cassandra Goth - a girl who loved to flirt one minute and then found him utterly revolting the next. J had romanced Bella with the same problems so he advised Malcolm to take it slow. There were plenty more fish in both Willow Creek and Oasis Springs and his young adult birthday was almost upon him.

I went into labour during Malcolm's birthday party so that was another Gold we missed. I huffed and puffed my way to the nursery and welcomed my daughter to the world - Elysium Chant.

She is the cutest baby I've ever seen and tears ran down my cheeks as I remember Hanson and our children. Gavin came by to cuddle our daughter and give me a tight hug that lifted my spirits.

I went back to work and couldn't spend much time with little Ely. I wasn't too worried, we would have a entire lifetime to get to know each other and she had Aunty Nancy and her Dad taking care of her needs. I think Nancy has softened, I find her hugging and singing to Ely.

Soon afterwards, Nancy gave birth to a boy named Colten Zest (Geoffrey would've burst a blood vessel if she'd named him Landgraab). We all got involved in babysitting and believe me when I say two babies are a handful for six grownups.

I was slightly disappointed when my baby girl shot up from her bassinet into a full grown child but I will not miss the potty training and nappy changes. Ely and Colten naturally became fast friends, with the two of them around the dark cloud that had hung over the house for the past few days dispersed. Rather than have the adults aid with homework they tended to help each other and more than once I heard Ely praising her 'little brother'.

With their schoolwork complete, Ely and Colten dashed towards the Wendy house. There were plenty of toys, an activity table and two beds that they weren't seen or heard of until dinner and even then I threatened to invade their privacy if they didn't come down right now.

Ely is a creative child. She draws and paints all sorts of monsters and cute stick people which she then hands over to us. We proudly hang them on the hallway walls until she finds some tiny thing to criticise and she begs us to replace them with newer, better versions.

On the other hand, Colten is happy to get a few bumps and scrapes from swinging across the monkey bars. I do feel so sorry he has no relationship with Johnny. Nancy has tried getting him to visit his son but he's always working or too tired to come across to our neighbourhood. Malcolm and Geoffrey also felt the same and have accepted him and there was even talk of officially calling him a Landgraab.

In other news, things are running like clockwork. Malcolm has twin baby girls with long term girlfriend Cassandra and a few others with girls I have yet to meet. He has also taken up cooking for when Geoffrey is no longer with us. Gavin has written enough books that we are able to get by with one published book a day. Nancy is at last working on producing Death Flowers (our fridge is full of Angelfish) and J is focused on mixology and comedy to help with future parties. I am currently halfway through my career but my biggest downfall are Gold Events. I have failed so many times at hosting dinner parties and house parties - in my opinion Silver is good enough but not for this Challenge.

I'm getting really frustrated as I planned to have three parties complete for each of my life stage so my elderhood would be a breeze. I was hoping to make new friends if Geoffrey and Nancy die too early.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Love, JC.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Chant Immortal Dynasty: Updated 22/1
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2015, 01:57:04 PM »
Oh that is too cute!  Welcome Elysium and Colten!  They are too cute together... is it too early to ship them?

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2015, 11:33:12 PM »
Poor JC with her party problems! I am having the exact same issue..Ely and Colten are so cute together.. mmm are they going to be a pair or is Colten going to be the new J? hahaa! Great writing  :D

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2015, 06:06:06 AM »
@Shewolf13 No shipping at all, they won't get together  ;D
@KTK10 Colten will definitely take over once he is YA, I feel for the ladies of WC and OS with the Landgraab brothers after them. I have got Janet all her parties done, I make sure there are at least two adults who help her with the main goal and the rest of the household take care of the extras.

Thanks again for reading <3

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2015, 08:49:40 AM »
Great start -- I've really enjoyed your first two chapters. The Landgraabs certainly come with plenty of issues. Ely and Colten are both very cute. Glad that you got through Janet's parties!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2015, 09:41:03 AM »
@MarianT I love the Landgraabs and things were fine until Geoffrey's kids kept turning up at the doorstep and things went downhill from there and for some reason Malcolm is friends with his dad and absolutely hates poor Nancy  :'( Thank you very much for your support <3

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2015, 09:46:40 AM »
Life As I Know It

Dear Nettlejuice,

First off, why do you have such a weird name? What does it even mean? Why does my Mum keep writing to you and we never get to see you like when Colten's dad comes around while we're at school?

Baby, just write about how interesting your life is, don't pester her.

OK, Mum.

Now that my Mum isn't reading over my shoulder I can tell you all about what she's really like. Everyone knows she's bossy, she tried forcing J to take up music as she needed it for her - Hang on, I need to look up the word - aspiration! But she wasn't able to mentor him. After yelling at him and then having Aunty Nance shout at her she moved on to Uncle Geoff.

I love Uncle Geoff, he's got a funny tummy that jiggles when he laughs too much and his food is the best. Mum says we have to eat healthy though, she finds the athletic skill ruins peoples bodies but that doesn't stop her ogling J when Dad isn't around.

Then she bought me my own violin and we practised for hours and I swear my eardrums have burst and I've gone deaf in one ear. Colten's lucky he's not an heir, he gets to have fun and isn't scolded for not doing extra credit for homework. Yes, I know all about the Dynasty. Dad and Aunty Nance explained when Mum was at work and she was furious until Dad kissed her passionately and she said it was actually totally fine.

Mum got a Silver at both Uncle Geoff and Aunty Nance's birthdays. I saw her shaking her fist at the sky like one of those old ladies with too many cats and Dad had to reassure her before she went and vented to everyone in town.

Eww. My Mum is so creepy, why would she take this picture? Uncle Johnny is a jerk, he left before we (that's Colten and me) could say hello.

Dad had writers block so everyone stopped what they were doing to get some fresh air. The park in Oasis Springs is the best! I met my little sister Aubrey - she has red hair and her family are new in town - and Dad acted as a space monster to get inspired for his next book.

Malcolm was trying to stop his parents from arguing again, they always do that when they think no one else can hear. He gave up when Cassie Goth walked by - she's having another baby.

Later, Malcolm helped me and Colten fix the children's area. We moved the Wendy house to make space for a pirate ship and a campfire so we could tell stories and roast marshmallows without going on holiday and missing school.

Mum told us all about her other lives, how she's been to four other worlds before coming to Willow Creek and how you always dyed her hair red. I want red hair, there's too many blondes in our house. We all tried to look interested so as not to upset her (she's really boring when it comes to telling stories but I bet you know that already!).

Then it was time. I hugged and compliment Uni. I apologised for never spending time in my room because the Wendy house was just too awesome and went to change clothes for my party.

Lots of love,

Ely.

PS - Please answer all my questions or it'll bug me forever and ever.