Author Topic: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)  (Read 240872 times)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips
« Reply #420 on: March 18, 2013, 08:32:44 PM »
Correct. The travel restrictions only apply to places outside of the homeworld. Not allowing sims to go off their lot would be insane. :P

Painting actually isn't a bad founding supermax, though combining it with maxing guitar is a bit demanding. I also like alchemy as a founding supermax, since getting my alchemist ready for ambrosia was super-easy.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline glassdahl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #421 on: March 18, 2013, 08:39:45 PM »
Correct. The travel restrictions only apply to places outside of the homeworld. Not allowing sims to go off their lot would be insane. :P

Painting actually isn't a bad founding supermax, though combining it with maxing guitar is a bit demanding. I also like alchemy as a founding supermax, since getting my alchemist ready for ambrosia was super-easy.

I'm just focusing on the painting aspect for the moment. Her lot literally has the basics, minus a few things like the shower. I make her goto the gym to shower. :) While playing previously I discovered the blueprints. Although she (my founder) can't purchase one at the moment, I know that a simple studio apartment can fit into a 10x10. So I made a 10x10 foundation and two walls for the sink and toilet. She also has a sleeping bag and a fridge, quick meals save the day when a stove can't be afforded. I'm so amused by the fact that her place is so bare minimum.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #422 on: March 18, 2013, 08:45:58 PM »
I'm just focusing on the painting aspect for the moment. Her lot literally has the basics, minus a few things like the shower. I make her goto the gym to shower. :) While playing previously I discovered the blueprints. Although she (my founder) can't purchase one at the moment, I know that a simple studio apartment can fit into a 10x10. So I made a 10x10 foundation and two walls for the sink and toilet. She also has a sleeping bag and a fridge, quick meals save the day when a stove can't be afforded. I'm so amused by the fact that her place is so bare minimum.

When you use the blueprints, they come with walls.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #423 on: March 18, 2013, 08:49:34 PM »
My challenge has never been to supermax a skill but to stop others from supermaxing it!

Gardening is now very easy to supermax with Supernatural and University life.  The supernatural mushrooms/roots/flowers (11) and university life herbs/beans/spices (17) from those two plus the lemons and purple eggplant from the Street Market and pumpkins from Seasons means gardening is now far too easy to supermax.  The hard part is keeping it an exclusive supermax because my immortals will garden randomly unless I lock the garden gate.

With the freakishly fast skilling glitch, Cooking is now too easy to accidently supermax because they get the Culinary Librarian just by maxing the skill to level 10 with all the new recipes from recent EP's and over time, may cook up to the 75 meals to supermax the whole skill over the period of the dynasty.  Another reason to keep the kitchen door locked but then they'll go off and use the park grills and fry themselves too!  :o
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #424 on: March 18, 2013, 08:54:32 PM »
Considering it's the stricter of the three - I find that funny.

On reading through the three rulesets, I actually find the other two more restrictive.

Offline ladyaya

• Watcher
« Reply #425 on: March 18, 2013, 08:57:04 PM »
My challenge has never been to supermax a skill but to stop others from supermaxing it!

Gardening is now very easy to supermax with Supernatural and University life.  The supernatural mushrooms/roots/flowers (11) and university life herbs/beans/spices (17) from those two plus the lemons and purple eggplant from the Street Market and pumpkins from Seasons means gardening is now far too easy to supermax.  The hard part is keeping it an exclusive supermax because my immortals will garden randomly unless I lock the garden gate.

With the freakishly fast skilling glitch, Cooking is now too easy to accidently supermax because they get the Culinary Librarian just by maxing the skill to level 10 with all the new recipes from recent EP's and over time, may cook up to the 75 meals to supermax the whole skill over the period of the dynasty.  Another reason to keep the kitchen door locked but then they'll go off and use the park grills and fry themselves too!  :o

Especially with the new designate sims who can use this door thing, locking up a garden is easy. What you could do is remove the stove entirely and cover all available counter space, and never leave any in bathrooms or the like. Plus for the park thing, when you buy them - or just buy them just because, you can remove the grills.

Offline glassdahl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #426 on: March 18, 2013, 09:42:32 PM »
When you use the buleprins, they come with walls.

My founder couldn't afford a blueprint so I just used my knowledge of a 10x10 can fit the essentials to get a good start. Later on when there's more money in the household the foundation can be transformed into an acceptable living environment. Let me show you what I'm talking about.

http://i49.tinypic.com/24100t4.jpg

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladyaya

• Watcher
« Reply #427 on: March 18, 2013, 09:47:22 PM »
My founder couldn't afford a blueprint so I just used my knowledge of a 10x10 can fit the essentials to get a good start. Later on when there's more money in the household the foundation can be transformed into an acceptable living environment. Let me show you what I'm talking about.

http://i49.tinypic.com/24100t4.jpg

So it's much like my Dynasty had in the beginning - link in my signature - before there was enough money to build an actual house.

Offline glassdahl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #428 on: March 18, 2013, 11:36:54 PM »
So it's much like my Dynasty had in the beginning - link in my signature - before there was enough money to build an actual house.
very much so. I can say she seems to be content in her "home". She won't ever get the "unfinished room" neg moodlet this way. :)

Offline glassdahl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #429 on: March 19, 2013, 11:41:46 PM »
If you have a chest you can store the ambrosia
Rachel
Chest? what chest? Are they the ones I've heard you get while on vacation?

I hope not because Dynasty members can't travel until the second gen is YA right? :/ and I think the buydebug cheat isn't allowed. Gonna have to go reread. My founder is almost broke anyways and no where near ambrosia time but still.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #430 on: March 19, 2013, 11:48:24 PM »
Ratchie is referring to the chests you buy on vacation. They're not needed to store ambrosia, they're just rather convenient if you don't have the LTHP for a food replicator. Heck, you don't absolutely need to store ambrosia. It just makes it a ton easier than cooking it each time someone needs their fix.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline glassdahl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #431 on: March 20, 2013, 12:00:14 AM »
Ratchie is referring to the chests you buy on vacation. They're not needed to store ambrosia, they're just rather convenient if you don't have the LTHP for a food replicator. Heck, you don't absolutely need to store ambrosia. It just makes it a ton easier than cooking it each time someone needs their fix.

Oh, I understood it wasnt necessary. I just wasn't sure what chest everyone was talking about. My head was full of "Chest? Chest? What Chest?"

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #432 on: March 20, 2013, 12:45:48 AM »
You can buy them from the General Store in each of the location markets - the Egyptian one is made of stone, the Chinese is red and black lacquered wood, and the French is more of a typical European antique look (I rarely buy the French ones, so I can't properly describe it).

Alternatively, if you purchased Supernatural, you have 2 Alchemy storage options that appears to hold everything, and 1 bug collection cabinet that can also hold everything.

Offline glassdahl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #433 on: March 20, 2013, 01:07:14 AM »
You can buy them from the General Store in each of the location markets - the Egyptian one is made of stone, the Chinese is red and black lacquered wood, and the French is more of a typical European antique look (I rarely buy the French ones, so I can't properly describe it).

Alternatively, if you purchased Supernatural, you have 2 Alchemy storage options that appears to hold everything, and 1 bug collection cabinet that can also hold everything.

Does the alchemy cabinets store food?

edit: I don't want to ransack the official rule thread so Im going to ask a question here. If someone could clearify for me that'd be great. Supermaxing a skill means completing the achievements that come with it as well right? so two immortals could max the same skill but only one could supermax it? :/ i confuse myself daily

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #434 on: March 20, 2013, 01:40:38 AM »
Does the alchemy cabinets store food?

edit: I don't want to ransack the official rule thread so Im going to ask a question here. If someone could clearify for me that'd be great. Supermaxing a skill means completing the achievements that come with it as well right? so two immortals could max the same skill but only one could supermax it? :/ i confuse myself daily

SuperMax does mean that you must complete all the skill challenges in addition to maxing the skill. However, in answer to your other question, a unique SuperMax means no other Immortal can max the skill. If another immortal maxes the skill, you cannot count it as a unique SuperMax.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

anything