Author Topic: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)  (Read 240870 times)

Offline ve1ocity

• !I believe in Simverse!
  • Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
Re: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)
« Reply #510 on: May 09, 2013, 12:02:55 PM »
Yes for me too sculpting was a major money earner! Why, they practically survived on it! I haven't tried my hand on Alchemy as I wanted SV to be a 'normal' town. But for my Life States Dynasty, I'm going full swing!
Read my newest vampire saga! HIATUS
Mission Unnamed

Will Aphrodite ever find True Love?  HIATUS
Yes, its the Greek Gods! Read their antics!
The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #511 on: May 09, 2013, 05:20:52 PM »
@ve10city: Well, beside her own skill I just need Agnes for a storytelling purpose and she was connected to Goth and Goth was connected to Bachelor ;)

This is what I learn from playing my own Dynasty so far. Many of them are Error 12 and Crashes related:
- Be strong when face error 12 or crash over time. Save often with different save name, especially when you don't have a good computer.
- Crash and error 12 related: If you wish to have a longer playtime, be sure to avoid makeover. Even one Sim day after do several makeovers can lead into disaster. I usually save the game after my Sim do makeover and never continue the game after that and choose to restart (quit) before I continue.
- Even a little interaction if you do that too much can lead into crashes and Error 12. Especially for children and teenager prank stuff. I believe that I just played less for one Sim day and tadaa... Oh, well.
- Avoid Stylish and Architecture profession except if you have a good computer...
- You're limited for what you can do (with a limited computer). Be sure just bought items that you're needed. That's why I can't build fancy house not only take time for loading the game that also can affect to crashes.
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #512 on: May 10, 2013, 08:41:26 AM »
The Edit Town stage is very important. If you are planning to SuperMax Martial Arts or Nectar Making, it is highly recommended that you place the allowed lots of the Nectary, the Scholar's Garden, and the Martial Arts Academy. Then you can get almost everything done without travelling and risking bugs. You'll still need to go to China to complete the Martial Arts tournament, but if you do everything else first you should be able to finish it relatively quickly.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #513 on: May 10, 2013, 09:31:55 AM »
Just to follow up on what Eldridge said about the stylist profession. If you want to us it, try doing it in one of the earlier generations when the save file isn't so large. Also, if you plan on playing a stylist - do not recolor and save clothes, add extra clothes to your game (be them from the store or CC), add custom patterns or any of the things that will make CAS load slower. It will save you a lot of heart ache and annoyance.

Believe me I have done the absolute opposite of the tip I just gave you and it almost made me not finish my dynasty because play was so difficult during the last few weeks of the generation.

Similar tips about not adding things to your game when building your has has already been mentioned, I just want to add that this also includes the garden. Be it decorative plants of plants for gardening.

Another thing is to keep your sims inventories as empty as possible, just to avoid long load times and hoarding of objects in general.

Offline simlover16

• Townie
    • The Power of Knowledge Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #514 on: May 10, 2013, 09:59:52 PM »
One of my tips if your own a time crunch, is after your sim maxes their career, have them take 5 unpaid days off so you can wrap up the rest of your requirements. In my situation, my founder reached level 10 Science career (into elder stage) and took 5 days off. I did it because I was getting worried about the 6 Best Friends. It all worked out.
"You're waiting for a train. A train that'll take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you. But you can't know for sure. Yet it doesn't matter. Now, tell me why?" -Dom Cobb

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #515 on: May 12, 2013, 05:16:44 PM »
If you have a male sim populating the town through impregnation, you probably want the kids to end up with good traits. At some point, especially later on, you're going to have a spare or immortal with no real purpose. Have them join the daycare career, so the generated toddlers will be delivered to your house for hours of training.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #516 on: May 12, 2013, 05:17:50 PM »
If you have a male sim populating the town through impregnation, you probably want the kids to end up with good traits. At some point, especially later on, you're going to have a spare or immortal with no real purpose. Have them join the daycare career, so the generated toddlers will be delivered to your house for hours of training.

Or if you have University Life just use the Brain enhancer to program them the way you want them.  Which I learned the hard way can be boring if everyone has the same traits.  I like the generated bad ones.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #517 on: May 12, 2013, 06:50:34 PM »
Or if you have University Life just use the Brain enhancer to program them the way you want them.  Which I learned the hard way can be boring if everyone has the same traits.  I like the generated bad ones.

I get bored if I'm picking traits, which is why I go with the daycare option. Random, but usually good.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #518 on: May 12, 2013, 06:53:23 PM »
The brain enhancer machine is permanent with that effect? I thought it was temporary!   :o
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #519 on: May 12, 2013, 07:54:51 PM »
Personality Programming is 100% permanent. I've been using it a lot lately actually LOL. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #520 on: May 12, 2013, 07:56:17 PM »
Personality Programming is 100% permanent. I've been using it a lot lately actually LOL.

Hmmm.... The wheels are turning for a Dynasty of Ultimate Evil..... 8)

Fausta Legacy

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #521 on: May 12, 2013, 07:58:45 PM »

I had an evil dynasty.  :P  They were all insane too.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #522 on: May 12, 2013, 08:09:19 PM »
I had an evil dynasty.  :P  They were all insane too.

Yours was funny Evil. Not my style.  :P

Fausta Legacy

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #523 on: May 12, 2013, 09:18:36 PM »
Just keep it within the forum guidelines.  I haven't read your new one as a warning.  Truly evil has no place on this family friendly forum.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #524 on: May 12, 2013, 09:25:40 PM »
Just keep it within the forum guidelines.  I haven't read your new one as a warning.  Truly evil has no place on this family friendly forum.

I know, I know.

Fausta Legacy

anything