Author Topic: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)  (Read 243660 times)

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
Re: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips
« Reply #405 on: March 12, 2013, 02:53:30 AM »
Here's something I found in my Life States Dynasty. Quick promotions!

When my sixth generation, Mary, grew up, she rolled the LTW of Creature Robot Cross-Breeder. I had her get to level 10 in Nectar Making first, then sent her to science. If you get to work at least 30 minutes before your scheduled shift (as in, inside and the work meter going), you should get a notice that says that your coworkers noticed you've arrived early. Combine this with Multi-Tasker LTR, and Mary had no problems getting to level 10 Science in about 12 work days.

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #406 on: March 12, 2013, 06:25:01 AM »
When my sixth generation, Mary, grew up, she rolled the LTW of Creature Robot Cross-Breeder. I had her get to level 10 in Nectar Making first, then sent her to science. If you get to work at least 30 minutes before your scheduled shift (as in, inside and the work meter going), you should get a notice that says that your coworkers noticed you've arrived early. Combine this with Multi-Tasker LTR, and Mary had no problems getting to level 10 Science in about 12 work days.
Awsome info, that will be very useful for some careers or when you are almost running out of time.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Orange Iguana

• Laziness Leads to Brilliance
  • Occult
« Reply #407 on: March 14, 2013, 01:06:57 PM »
I forgot to post my absolute favorite tip for dynasty founders. Something that was heavily abused back when I made stories.

Make your spouse join the Architectural Designer profession. By doing so, your family will receive a 40% discount on everything in build and buy mode as long as said person does not either quit or retire. If you want to make an immortal join the profession, then you can max out the career without ever doing a single renovation. All you have to do is delay learning painting until young adult, buy the entrepreneurial mindset LTR, join the profession, then research architectural design on the drafting table until you hit level 10 in the career. Your painting will be around level 9 and a half by the time you max out the career. I always choose this as my career for my painting immortal.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #408 on: March 18, 2013, 10:08:01 AM »
Social Networking = Truly the greatest thing ever! I had my Martial Arts immortal max it by the time she was a young adult, so now future generations won't need to worry about the best friends requirement! I can change the relationships of all sims who work in rabbitholes so that the co-worker/boss metric is outstanding, and I can make random townies date! Right now, I'm really hoping Bebe and Chris have kids . . .
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #409 on: March 18, 2013, 10:11:38 AM »
Just making them date won't make them have kids without your help.  Unfortunately, story progression just doesn't work that way anymore.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #410 on: March 18, 2013, 10:18:29 AM »
Just making them date won't make them have kids without your help.  Unfortunately, story progression just doesn't work that way anymore.

Sadly, sadly, sadly. Now I just need to figure out a way to make townies have kids by themselves!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #411 on: March 18, 2013, 11:00:56 AM »
Sadly, sadly, sadly. Now I just need to figure out a way to make townies have kids by themselves!

In a way that's dynasty legal?  Move in old men and have them have babies with young women.  Beyond that, there is no such way (legally in dynasties anyway).

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #412 on: March 18, 2013, 05:27:10 PM »
Too bad we can't use ensorcel to ensure the town's reproduction!

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #413 on: March 18, 2013, 05:34:49 PM »
Too bad we can't use ensorcel to ensure the town's reproduction!

So true.  Instead we have to stoop to using elderly men who'd probably prefer to fish than woo women.  Not that there is much choice of young women in my current dynasty file (and only at third generation too!)  If it wasn't for the paparazzi still being around town (even without celebrities), there would be zip.  All of the unsupernatural NPC's around the place are men!  Next time I'll know to turn off supernaturals before I start the dynasty attempt.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #414 on: March 18, 2013, 06:36:00 PM »
So true.  Instead we have to stoop to using elderly men who'd probably prefer to fish than woo women.  Not that there is much choice of young women in my current dynasty file (and only at third generation too!)  If it wasn't for the paparazzi still being around town (even without celebrities), there would be zip.  All of the unsupernatural NPC's around the place are men!  Next time I'll know to turn off supernaturals before I start the dynasty attempt.

You can cure supernaturals and invite them to move in. 

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #415 on: March 18, 2013, 06:54:05 PM »
I have a 'cunning plan' for Gen 3, Gen 4, and perhaps Gen 5 spouse. Though knowing me, I've probably forgotten something that's vital and will cause my 'cunning plan' to backfire on me. :(

For that reason, I'm not revealing my 'cunning plan' until after I trial it and see if it does in fact work.

:)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #416 on: March 18, 2013, 06:56:41 PM »
I have a 'cunning plan' for Gen 3, Gen 4, and perhaps Gen 5 spouse. Though knowing me, I've probably forgotten something that's vital and will cause my 'cunning plan' to backfire on me. :(

For that reason, I'm not revealing my 'cunning plan' until after I trial it and see if it does in fact work.

:)

Oh what a tease!  Just make sure that your plan is in fact legal.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #417 on: March 18, 2013, 07:00:20 PM »
Oh what a tease!  Just make sure that your plan is in fact legal.

Oh, it is legal. :) It wouldn't be legal in either the townie decadynasty or in the lifestates dynasty, but it is legal in the Immortal Dynasty. :D

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #418 on: March 18, 2013, 07:06:20 PM »
Oh, it is legal. :) It wouldn't be legal in either the townie decadynasty or in the lifestates dynasty, but it is legal in the Immortal Dynasty. :D

Considering it's the stricter of the three - I find that funny.

Offline glassdahl

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Completing an immortal dynasty hints and tips.
« Reply #419 on: March 18, 2013, 08:24:35 PM »
I would reccomend cooking or fishing for a founders supermaxThese are both easily completed.. Gardening can work but is best left for a generation that can travel because it can be difficult to get all the challanges done if you don't travel. Painting could work for a founder but a lot of painting opps require travel and I usally save painting for generation two or three.
I would avoid inventing,handiness,logic and music for founders as those skills do not serve any useful purpose at the begining of a dynasty.

Rachel

This would've been nice to read before I started my first try at an Immortal Dynasty yesterday. My founder has to max painting and guitar for her LTW. I decided on painting for her supermax skill.

I don't know why but I suddenly am feeling stupid and want to ask... Traveling involves going to University and Vacations and the World Adventures locations right? Going to the grocery store doesn't count as traveling.  I feel like my IQ just dropped 20 points. :/