Author Topic: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)  (Read 243425 times)

Offline glassdahl

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips
« Reply #435 on: March 20, 2013, 02:03:49 AM »
SuperMax does mean that you must complete all the skill challenges in addition to maxing the skill. However, in answer to your other question, a unique SuperMax means no other Immortal can max the skill. If another immortal maxes the skill, you cannot count it as a unique SuperMax.

okay

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #436 on: March 20, 2013, 02:40:33 AM »
I honestly can't say if the Supernatural alchemy storages hold food or not. I mean, I assume they hold food, but I don't know if the food won't spoil (I think it does, though). Assuming, by food, you mean actual prepared meals, and not produce/plantables/fish.

In every Dynasty so far, I usually try and have someone max the culinary career just for the SuperAwesomeFridgeOfAmazing.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline glassdahl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #437 on: March 20, 2013, 04:39:20 AM »
I honestly can't say if the Supernatural alchemy storages hold food or not. I mean, I assume they hold food, but I don't know if the food won't spoil (I think it does, though). Assuming, by food, you mean actual prepared meals, and not produce/plantables/fish.

In every Dynasty so far, I usually try and have someone max the culinary career just for the SuperAwesomeFridgeOfAmazing.
The food spoils in there. I tried it with a plate of cookies. They went from nice to horrifying quality. :/ I just had gotten my spouse to level 7 on painting and the game crashed. I don't know how long it was since I saved. I hate losing progress.

On the plus side. My founder and her hubby are very attracted to each other. They both get the attractive company moodlet when in the same room. She got it even when he was grungy.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #438 on: March 20, 2013, 06:10:00 AM »
On reading through the three rulesets, I actually find the other two more restrictive.

But there is so much more you can do in the other two that you can't on in the immortal dynasty.  The one I hear about the most is plastic surgery lol.

The food spoils in there. I tried it with a plate of cookies. They went from nice to horrifying quality. :/ I just had gotten my spouse to level 7 on painting and the game crashed. I don't know how long it was since I saved. I hate losing progress.

On the plus side. My founder and her hubby are very attracted to each other. They both get the attractive company moodlet when in the same room. She got it even when he was grungy.

I think the food will spoil if you don't have the Kelvin fridge but if you had it, it might not.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #439 on: March 20, 2013, 06:15:17 AM »
Does the alchemy cabinets store food?

edit: I don't want to ransack the official rule thread so Im going to ask a question here. If someone could clearify for me that'd be great. Supermaxing a skill means completing the achievements that come with it as well right? so two immortals could max the same skill but only one could supermax it? :/ i confuse myself daily

I'd like to make some perfectly clear right now if possible.

This thread is for hints & tips.   All questions need to be on the official thread.   That's why we have it. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline glassdahl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #440 on: March 20, 2013, 06:28:00 AM »
But there is so much more you can do in the other two that you can't on in the immortal dynasty.  The one I hear about the most is plastic surgery lol.

I think the food will spoil if you don't have the Kelvin fridge but if you had it, it might not.

Probably.

Two weeks in (sim time) and my founder just set the stove on fire. That thing burnt to a crisp.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #441 on: March 21, 2013, 06:34:47 AM »
I read somewhere that someone thought that social networking would not be a viable supermax because it would take too long. Not true. As well as climbing the career ladder, maxing writing, and fulfilling various wishes as they popped up, my sim managed to supermax it in just under 4 weeks. It could be done faster if you were more strict. The trick is using the relationship transmogrifier and sim finder to make friends. You get a 'gotta blog' for each level of friendship, and getting the 'blogged out' moodlet is not caused by blogging too much, it is pure chance, and goes down the higher your skill. Reviewer blog is very easy to do quickly by reading, and rereading children's books. I haven't done the news blog yet, but I suspect buying gems and metals at the consignment store would make that one somewhat easy too. If not, by having your sim be a witch for a little while and do conversion spell a lot. Picking the right traits for each blog type is helpful, as is a high writing skill. So far the most followers I have gained from a single post is 83.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline glassdahl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #442 on: March 23, 2013, 06:17:42 AM »
Anyone know why portraits are turning out like theyre done underwater? all squiggly? My founder's spouse did her YA portrait and a portrait of their daughter and they both turned out weird.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #443 on: March 23, 2013, 06:21:07 AM »
That's a random chance, basically. You can tell right from the outset if the portrait is going to be like that, so you can cancel, scrap the portrait, and have the person pose again.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #444 on: March 23, 2013, 06:30:28 AM »
Anyone know why portraits are turning out like theyre done underwater? all squiggly? My founder's spouse did her YA portrait and a portrait of their daughter and they both turned out weird.

Certain traits have different effects on paintings. What traits does the painter have?
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline glassdahl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #445 on: March 23, 2013, 07:25:04 AM »
Certain traits have different effects on paintings. What traits does the painter have?
umm.... off the top of my head the only one that stands out is the genius trait.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #446 on: March 23, 2013, 07:29:38 AM »
Genius
- Paintings are made out of hexagons/pentagons.

Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline glassdahl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #447 on: March 23, 2013, 07:34:02 AM »
Genius
- Paintings are made out of hexagons/pentagons.
then it must be one of his other traits cuz i've seen him do that a few times but thats not how the portraits are turning out. theyve got swiggly lines. its distorted a bit

Offline ficklemuse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #448 on: March 23, 2013, 08:17:07 AM »
then it must be one of his other traits cuz i've seen him do that a few times but thats not how the portraits are turning out. theyve got swiggly lines. its distorted a bit

Is he insane? Those pictures will come out with jagged lines and look fractured.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #449 on: March 23, 2013, 08:51:54 AM »
I'm pretty sure the thing with black squiggly lines is just random. Every painter I've ever had has made portraits that way sometimes, no matter what traits. Like I said, you can usually tell from the first 'brush stroke" whether the portrait is going to be like that - usually before the subject has even had a chance to walk away - so you can cancel and try again if you don't like those.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms