Author Topic: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)  (Read 241112 times)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
Re: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips
« Reply #105 on: October 03, 2012, 02:51:34 AM »
Yeah abut if you're already friends with a Sim the Weak one has enough boost to beef it to Best Friends from Friends level. One basically does the whole bar and the weaker one does half a bar.  :) It's so useful in my games, with this my Sims can actually have Friends!  :o

Yay! Mine will be able to as well ... and who knows, if one could have/make these in real life, I would then would have friends as well.  :o

I'll have to investigate the potions further, I can see.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #106 on: October 07, 2012, 01:36:27 AM »
I have had some experience in Immortal Dynasties and have a few tips of my own:

(1) My recommendation for the founder's super-max is Sculpting or Painting. If you have your founder supermax those skills, then you never have to force your spouses to bang out 25 ice sculptures and get ice personality except for the founder's spouse since he can't sculpt himself. Cooking, Fishing and Gardening are fine but they aren't really going to be an issue until your founder has aged into an adult - remember, elders have at least 10 days of life left so it's not like the instant they grow old, they'll drop dead, so you won't need Ambrosia until your founder is close to growing elder.

(2) Skills I avoid - Guitar et al(for obvious reasons, though it could be useful for a founder since he starts as a young adult with no skills); Charisma(Super-Friendly is a godsend to keeping your best friends and it's impossible not to master Charisma because just TALKING to people raises the skill); Photography(unless you lock your baby up until he's a child and get a camera by then, it'll be next to impossible to complete the Paparazzi challenge because your heir won't have anyone he doesn't know to snap a shot of)

(3) Moving in a bunch of townies is a good call, especially if they have useful traits. In my current run of this challenge I moved in the Working Friends; Tori switched to Culinary and topped her career quickly thanks to her traits and got me a MinusZero fridge which will store death fish and life fruit which Monika gathers since she's a natural Angler and Loves the Outdoors. Madison helped bring in money and Ayesha is the one who was my founder's spouse and baby mommy but she also was the painter and sculptor, getting Ice Personality before my founder did! Even though the house has six members, I am not concerned because I've got things planned out - there is still room for the first heir to marry and have a baby  and since there are six members in the family now, there won't be any twins or triplets which could spell disaster for an Immortal Dynasty even this early on.

Claire Ursine is about a level six or seven in fishing.I am so surprised nobody has moved her and baby Ursine in before now. You don't have to use Claire as a spouse but she could fish and baby Ursine could paint and sculpt and be a potential gen two spouse.

That's something I didn't think about before I started my most recent ID attempt, but regardless of how this goes, I might try that next time.  ;D

More tips:

(1) I don't know if this will cause Metro to ban Imaginary Friends but I use Imaginary Friends as the spouses of each heir. It saves a lot of trouble having to spouse hunt and run into glitchy NPCs that become too old to breed, sort of what happened to Sound Man with his first wife.  >:( I had Madison VonWatson make some Metamorphium potions for the future and I love the made-real Imaginary Friends!  ;)

(2) Supernatural tip - while everyone says to befriend teens and vampires, they forget the fairies! I read that fae live five times longer than normal Sims, so if you have your founder best friend a fairy who is a young adult, chances are he'll stay a young adult by the time your founder is an elder.

(3) Be careful if you choose one of the Showtime professions to be your immortals-to-be's career requirement, especially Singer. I am going to LOATHE Vocal Legend after my founder gets it, because he CONSTANTLY gets demands for sing-a-grams that I HAVE to do in order to get the required experience. This pulls him away from his sculpting and slows him down in his other requirements.  >:(
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #107 on: October 07, 2012, 11:10:55 PM »
I have to say one of the best items I've encoutered so far is the Sims Store Tablet that costs 500 points.  If you have the Sim points I would snap it up right away.  I leveled fishing and photography to 10 while painting, and then started filling up cooking and gardening while my spouse worked on sculpting.  While it doesn't have every skill available, there's certainly enough to make a substanial reduction in time spent skilling.  Plus it can fill the social and fun meters and stores your books for reading on the go.

Just be sure to keep an eye on a bored sim with it in their inventory.  They will spontaneously start skilling randomly if you let them.
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #108 on: October 07, 2012, 11:33:43 PM »
I've used Claire Ursine once.

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
« Reply #109 on: October 08, 2012, 04:12:35 AM »
I find that starting an Immortal Dynasty in a town you've hardly played in is a bad idea. If you start the dynasty in a town you've played alot then you have a better chance of choosing housemates and finding seeds and fish.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #110 on: October 08, 2012, 04:15:41 AM »
I find that starting an Immortal Dynasty in a town you've hardly played in is a bad idea. If you start the dynasty in a town you've played alot then you have a better chance of choosing housemates and finding seeds and fish.

Not necessarily, there are forum topics that list all of the townie sims or almost all of them for every town. There's probably forum topics for the seeds and stuff too, but the main fish you need is almost always in a graveyard at night.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #111 on: October 08, 2012, 10:08:14 AM »
Not necessarily, there are forum topics that list all of the townie sims or almost all of them for every town. There's probably forum topics for the seeds and stuff too, but the main fish you need is almost always in a graveyard at night.

Knowing the information and knowing the layout of the land are two different things.  Sometimes it's better to really actually know the town in case something doesn't go the way you want it to.   Planning is all well & good but sometimes the game makes plans of it's own through story progression.  Then you would have to tab out of the game to figure out your next step.  Whereas if you knew the town, no consultation with the guide needed.  You could make a decision really quick based on prior knowledge and keep on playing.

At least that is in my opinion - I don't think it matters either way but it all depends on how you approach the game and how long you've been playing.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #112 on: October 08, 2012, 07:22:40 PM »
(1) I don't know if this will cause Metro to ban Imaginary Friends but I use Imaginary Friends as the spouses of each heir. It saves a lot of trouble having to spouse hunt and run into glitchy NPCs that become too old to breed, sort of what happened to Sound Man with his first wife.  >:( I had Madison VonWatson make some Metamorphium potions for the future and I love the made-real Imaginary Friends!  ;)

This is unlikely to cause Metro to ban IFs just because they're spouses each generation. The occults that are banned are because of the extended lifespan only. IFs (and witches) have the same lifespan as a non-occult sim.

Also, I have to disagree with twins/triplets early in a Dynasty being disastrous. As long as there's some degree of planning/organization involved, they shouldn't be an issue at all (Pam used 2 generations of twins successfully, Katluvr used at least 1 set of twins, and I know I read of one more that I can't recall offhand). I personally didn't go for multiples, but that's simply because I dislike infant/toddler life stages intensely.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #113 on: October 08, 2012, 08:03:04 PM »
I don't think multiple nooboos would be disastrous for a dynasty (Early on, obviously), it may even be helpful, because spares can be art slaves  ;D
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #114 on: October 09, 2012, 06:17:56 PM »
With the right amount of planning, multiple births can be quite a benefit. You have 1 or 2 more Sims that can build skills. (My artist has two siblings, one of which is painting her and the other is sculpting) It's only when they sneak up on you when they become a bit of an issue, though it's not that bad. Obviously this is early-game. Late-game multiples can be game-ending.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #115 on: October 09, 2012, 06:35:53 PM »
I WILL succeed at one of these with the Surrounded by Family LTW for my founder one of these times. I've already got different strategies to try when I have a go at it again. :)

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #116 on: October 09, 2012, 09:02:49 PM »
Hmm.

I'm not sure I would know how to go about doing this, since you can't move anyone out, or intentionally kill anyone.

Well, the founder's spouse could contribute to the gene pool towards the end of the adult life stage. And make use of twins/triplets. And if the heir is a male, he can marry long after his siblings are dead, since there's no requirement to produce the heir before Ambrosia.

That might work, though I worry you might go mad! :)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #117 on: October 09, 2012, 09:17:26 PM »
*whistles innocently and smiles*

My plan doesn't have thoughts of intentional killing or moving anyone out. I get distraught whenever my sims die of old age, for me to start to run around kill my sims intentionally. :) It does involve males ... at least the founder has to be male. :)

Let's just say the founder's five nooboos to teens will probably be old enough to celebrate their father's wedding when that happy day eventually comes.

Drat it. I now want to try it to see if it'll work. :(

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #118 on: October 09, 2012, 09:30:47 PM »
Sorry! :P

(And good luck.)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #119 on: October 10, 2012, 01:23:19 AM »
oh, it isn't your fault, Shirin.

I'm starting to get work coming out of my ears (I'm on here during my lunch break).

I am kind of bemoaning the fact that the work, which I love btw, is taking me away from the Sims 3. :)