Author Topic: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)  (Read 240812 times)

Offline Forest_Bear

• Llama Wrangler
  • Simlish Song Addict
    • My Tumblr
Re: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips
« Reply #165 on: October 30, 2012, 05:24:46 AM »
I want to start an Immortal Dynasty (my first attempt got corrupted) but I have a question.

I have Supernaturals and I was wondering if its better to play your gamefile without other occults or with them.

Any ideas?
Hi Im new! Call me Forest or Boo.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #166 on: October 30, 2012, 07:11:58 AM »
I want to start an Immortal Dynasty (my first attempt got corrupted) but I have a question.

I have Supernaturals and I was wondering if its better to play your gamefile without other occults or with them.

Any ideas?

That's all a part of your personal strategy.   While certain occults are not allowed in the dynasty household, you can cure most of them before moving them in and sometimes they make better BFs for the requirement because you know they're not going to die any time soon.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Forest_Bear

• Llama Wrangler
  • Simlish Song Addict
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #167 on: October 31, 2012, 02:38:30 AM »
That's all a part of your personal strategy.   While certain occults are not allowed in the dynasty household, you can cure most of them before moving them in and sometimes they make better BFs for the requirement because you know they're not going to die any time soon.

Thanks! I almost forgot about the Forsake the [insert whatever occult] option thats avaliable.
Hi Im new! Call me Forest or Boo.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #168 on: October 31, 2012, 03:00:29 AM »
Thanks! I almost forgot about the Forsake the [insert whatever occult] option thats avaliable.

Actually that option doesn't tend to work overly well, so it's just as easy to throw a potent cure elixer at them.

Offline Markel1970A

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #169 on: October 31, 2012, 10:21:14 AM »
So... let me get this straight. I'm going to start my founder with the Good Sense of Humor, Schmoozer, Natural Cook, Green Thumb and Family-Oriented traits. Her LTW is to be a 5-Star Cook, and her six friends are going to be the Goth family, and the LandGraabs. Now all I want to know is what to do first. Should I get the spouse first (Christopher Steel), or go and start cooking to start skilling? Or should I star with the friends? Should I go sign up for my career? I don't know which is most important. Please help. This is my first try at Immortal Dynasty.

I usually go for the carrer first and then go  to class for that supermax skill then go for the spouse, then the six friends.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #170 on: October 31, 2012, 12:34:15 PM »

I usually go for the carrer first and then go  to class for that supermax skill then go for the spouse, then the six friends.

Sometimes it's easier to pick up the spouse and/or helpers first, and have them skill/work in a career while your sim skills/works in their career. Plus, then you could have more money from selling their cars and things.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #171 on: October 31, 2012, 04:24:16 PM »
I normally get the spouse and/or helpers first and set them up in their efforts to get the dynasty started (I check the status of their painting skill, get gardening/fishing/sculpting/painting underway, have one/more of them decide they really didn't want to be a <insert rabbit hole career> as their career at all, and of course sell stuff they brought with them to get a somewhat decent house started with things to help them do those things), as they are doing that, I usually set the founder up with planned supermaxed skill and career (usually self employed career). I leave other requirements especially best friends until later on. As Ratchie has said earlier in this thread/elsewhere getting that portrait of the founder completed before they become an Adult is mandatory. I let the other requirements play second fiddle to that initially. As an experiment, I tried a sim with the artistic trait but no painting skill (Emma Hatch) be the painter. She achieved the necessary level of painting for portraits and the founder still had a week to go before aging to Adult. I haven't yet tried that with a non-artistic sim.

In that same game, my founder is pursuing the double whammy of guitar supermaxed skill and one sim band life time wish. In this case, I spent the first week of the game on him simply playing the guitar and raising that skill. Once his guitar got to about level 8, I got him employed at the theatre. He kind of flew through the levels of the career, as I was hoping he would. He is now level 8 of the music career (Rock Star branch) and 8 of 10 guitar opportunities away from supermaxing guitar (other skill challenges in guitar are done). He is 3 days away from elderhood. So once the guitar star challenge is done, he will be taking classes in drums/piano/double bass and working on finalising his life time wish. (I have useful elixirs and a motive mobile on hand to make this as painless as possible).

Personally, I leave best friends to last, and bringing in the next generation (especially when playing a male founder) as late as possible, though that depends on your spouse as well (eg if your female spouse is close to elderhood, you'd need to bring in the next generation sooner). As all five of the roomies household in Sunset Valley have moved in to assist in my current game, I did the heir a bit earlier than normal, as there were others around (three self employed sims) who could help with the toddler skills. I wait until the money starts coming in and then buy the property and building, and upgrade the property as well, so I don't forget to do so.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #172 on: October 31, 2012, 04:28:53 PM »
I'd just like to point out to anyone thinking of attempting this challenge that Deklitch is absolutely insane, and his founder's  particular career/supermax/LTW combo should not be attempted by anyone who actually hopes to succeed. :)
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #173 on: October 31, 2012, 04:37:10 PM »
I'd just like to point out that CathyKnits is absolutely correct in her assessment of me and that I wholeheartedly agree with her statement! :)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #174 on: October 31, 2012, 04:58:46 PM »
The best investment at the beginning of a dynasty is a counter, a coffee maker, and a chair. Especially for your sculptor. Who needs sleep when you still have 20 more ice sculptures to do?

Keep an eye on your caffeine addicts, though. If you don't queue up more drinks, they'll instantly head off to bed.

All of my helpers, as well as my founder's spouse for my current plan are adults or older. I realized that I don't like waiting for young adults to die. If you don't, learn the benefits of older generations. Even elders can be quite useful.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #175 on: October 31, 2012, 05:01:35 PM »
Alchemy is the single best investment Trip. You can fill energy and keep it there for 24 hours, while keeping social and fun at a standstill for another 6.

Coffee takes forever in my opinion.
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #176 on: October 31, 2012, 05:30:28 PM »
Yeah, but none of my sims are alchemists. It doesn't fit in with my plan, though raiding the alchemy shop certainly can.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #177 on: October 31, 2012, 06:52:49 PM »
I agree with Wiry. Coffee is a time sink and if the action gets cancelled they don't even get the buff!

By samoht04

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #178 on: October 31, 2012, 07:12:33 PM »
Coffee doesn't need any skills to make, though. My founder is too focused on cooking, and everyone else is too focused on either skilling up in something else or making babies to learn alchemy. D:

Ah well, I can have a sim complete Ice Personality in a little over two weeks with my methods. It would be much quicker with alchemy, yes.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #179 on: October 31, 2012, 07:14:43 PM »
Muahaha, child alchemy slaves!

By samoht04

anything