Author Topic: The Jones Random Town Jump: Complete  (Read 233592 times)

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 22 - Formalities"
« Reply #105 on: October 06, 2012, 11:16:29 PM »
Very nice, Ausette! You are really a very good writer. :)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 22 - Formalities"
« Reply #106 on: October 07, 2012, 01:19:02 AM »
Savannah seems like a cheeky girl. Can't believe she's become enemies with her aunt/housemate Alicia! I reckon Alicia will get her!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #107 on: October 07, 2012, 03:02:06 AM »
Very nice, Ausette! You are really a very good writer. :)

Thanks Jude, you're such a darling  :). I'm glad you're feeling well enough to post on the forum.

Savannah seems like a cheeky girl. Can't believe she's become enemies with her aunt/housemate Alicia! I reckon Alicia will get her!

I wouldn't worry, Alicia's harmless. It's a shame no one likes her anymore.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #108 on: October 07, 2012, 03:12:22 AM »
Alicia is the absolute best comic relief. :)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 23 - Feeling Alive"
« Reply #109 on: October 07, 2012, 10:17:03 AM »
Chapter 23 – Feeling Alive

“BOO!”
“Goodness me, I think I heard a pin drop.”
“CURSE YOU, SAVANNAH!”

Savannah’s making excellent progress with her Lifetime Wish. She completed the Celebrity Charisma skill challenge and it’s been a breeze to make friends ever since! She especially enjoys schmoozing Twinbrook’s rich and famous.

Tammie grows into an Adult and encounters a Midlife Crisis. I don’t want to cancel any of her current wishes to accommodate it, so I send her to the hospital for some therapy. Long overdue, I think.

The next day Grim takes me completely by surprise. He pops up in the middle of the day so fast his scythe gets lodged in the bedroom wall.

“WHO’S A PRETTY KITTY? YOU ARE! YES YOU ARE! SUCH A PRETTY KITTY!”

“Doctor Snow! NOOOOO!”

Poor Alicia. That cat is her only real friend in the world (to be fair she has some minions at work, but I don't think they count).

“IT’S HER TIME TO GO, ALICIA. I WILL TREAT HER AS WELL AS I CAN.”
“*sniff* You must treat her like a QUEEN! I want vast fields of catnip and gold-plated litter trays!
“ONLY THE BEST FOR YOU, I MEAN HER.”

Rest in peace, Doctor Snow.

The entire family mourns non-stop for the next two days. Seriously, guys? None of you even liked that cat. I haven’t seen this kind of grief since Johnny kicked the bucket.

Alicia copes by stalking around the house glaring at everyone.

To cheer her up, I buy her the cane she has a wish for. She doesn't really need one so I guess she just wants it to complete her look. I set it to the Southern Gentleman walking style and she’s been strutting around ever since, bless her.

Soon it’s time for Ben’s birthday. Savannah makes the phone call so she can get the relationship bonus for hosting, but Tammie and Riley insist on keeping it casual.

For some reason Alicia is the one to bring Ben to his cake. I think she’s taken a liking to him.

Oh. It looks like she won’t like him for much longer because he gains the Good trait for his birthday. Now he’s Good, Grumpy and Insane, which seems like an odd combination.

Ben enjoys the rest of his party, but isn’t very amused when Sarah gets her hand stuck in his cake. Sarah, how could you? It’s the boy's first experience with solid food!

The night after that, Riley ages up into an Adult and gets a Midlife Crisis even though he has a loving family, the career of his dreams and those boyish good looks of his. I blame the cat.

Luckily, Riley handles his Midlife Crisis rather well, popping up lots of easy wishes to buy cars and style his hair. The “Feeling Alive!” moodlet from his motorbike keeps him fairly happy until our old friend Grim drops in again.

On a beautiful sunny morning, Sarah Jones passes away. She's seen off only by the Evil Sims of the household.

“OH BRILLIANT, AN OUTDOOR DEATH IN THE SWAMP. NOW THERE’S MUD ALL OVER MY ROBE.”

“Why hello there, gorgeous!”
“GREAT, YOU AGAIN. *SIGH* LET’S JUST GET THIS OVER WITH.”

“I guess this is it, Alicia. I’m sorry things ended so poorly between us.”
“What on Earth do you mean? Your paintings are going to be worth thousands now! MUAHAHA!”
“I always admired you for your strength, Alicia. Tell the rest of the kids I love them.”

Sarah was the first baby born in the Jones Family Random Town Jump. She was a great artist, a loving mother, and a remarkably easy-going Sim who never gave anyone any trouble. Rest in peace, darling.

“So. How’s business?”
“OH, YOU KNOW. SAME OLD, SAME OLD.”

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #110 on: October 07, 2012, 10:21:47 AM »
No, not Doctor Snow! I don't know why but I always get more upset when the pets die. Maybe that's why I don't play with pets so often?

Good, grumpy and insane... the future seems interesting for this sim.

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #111 on: October 07, 2012, 12:08:22 PM »
I really enjoyed the updates! Your writing is just lovely!  :)  Rest in peace, Sarah and Doctor Snow!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Joanne

« Reply #112 on: October 07, 2012, 12:52:54 PM »
R.I.P Doctor Snow and Sarah. Great updates. :)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #113 on: October 09, 2012, 11:58:34 PM »
No, not Doctor Snow! I don't know why but I always get more upset when the pets die. Maybe that's why I don't play with pets so often?

Good, grumpy and insane... the future seems interesting for this sim.

I get that too! I find it's a big thing when I watch movies. I'm very, very wary about films that have dogs in them.

I really enjoyed the updates! Your writing is just lovely!  :)  Rest in peace, Sarah and Doctor Snow!
R.I.P Doctor Snow and Sarah. Great updates. :)

Thanks guys  :). I still can't believe I have readers who like my stories.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #114 on: October 10, 2012, 12:01:42 AM »
I've been following this story. I got quite excited once you got to Twinbrook. ;D

I never really noticed the Jones family in Bridgeport, but it's great to see them get the spotlight.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #115 on: October 10, 2012, 01:52:24 AM »
I've been following this story. I got quite excited once you got to Twinbrook. ;D

I never really noticed the Jones family in Bridgeport, but it's great to see them get the spotlight.

Thanks Trip! Twinbrook is a favourite of mine as well  :). I picked the Diana and Johnny for that exact reason - I hadn't seen them used before and I wanted to do something a bit different.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 24 - Impressions"
« Reply #116 on: October 10, 2012, 02:01:05 AM »
Chapter 24 – Impressions

Ben brings a friend home on his first day of school. This young lady is Alisa Jones-Brown, the child born to Jenni Jones-Brown at the start of the game. From now I'm going to call her “Lisa” to prevent confusion with our beloved Evil mastermind. She and Ben do their homework together pretty frequently.

“Are you OK, Ben? You look scary.”

“I must focus. This notebook could ignite at any second.”
“Ha, you wish!”

A chat with Tammie reveals Lisa’s traits to be Artistic, Light Sleeper, and Mean-Spirited. Not that great, but since she’s the only girl in Twinbrook descended from original townies she’s pretty much destined to bear Ben’s children. I’m going to have to ignore the weirdness of Ben and Lisa sharing half a surname.

Meanwhile, halfway across town, Des Eyre becomes Savannah's twentieth friend and completes her Lifetime Wish.

Des is handsomely rewarded for his time.

At this point you’re probably wondering what happened to Shark Racket, Savannah's boyfriend. They're actually still together, but that's never stopped Savannah from getting out there and playing the field.

Especially when Shark rejects her for woohoo and she has to do the Walk of Shame down his long, long driveway.

Back at the house, I'm surprised to find Alicia and Riley brawling in the downstairs bathroom. They’ve both got full Athletic points so I’m genuinely curious about how this will turn out.

Riley wins! It looks like Alicia may be losing her edge as she ages.

All this happens while Ben and Lisa calmly eat cookies together in the next room. They’re Best Friends now. Lisa’s an interesting-looking thing, isn’t she? I think she takes after her dad.

The rest of Ben's childhood passes surprisingly quickly. Can you imagine him as a teenager? With a face like that you know he’s gonna get all the chicks.

“I’m the hero Twinbrook deserves, but not the one it needs right now.”

A party is thrown and everyone gathers around to watch Ben blow out his candles. According to the cake, Ben is turning three. Perhaps he was born on a leap day?

Here he is modelling his new Athletic gear because it’s the most normal-looking outfit he has. Ben rolls Good Sense of Humour as his fourth trait. I’m not exactly sure how that trait meshes with Grumpy, but maybe it just means a lot of people want to laugh at him.

After cake, a freshly aged-up Lisa autonomously runs over to dance with the birthday boy. It’s good to see they’re still as close as ever.

Oh dear. Lisa’s parents look a bit concerned.

“I don't want her hanging out with boys, Jenni! She shouldn't be dating until she's a Young Adult.”
“Calm down, Goodwin. Ben's mother is a very dear friend of mine and I trust her to raise a good kid.”

“Ugh, my parents are watching us. I hate it when they judge me like that. Quick, do something to freak them out!”

“Flowers, m’lady?”
“That’ll do it!”

Ben plays along and flirts with Lisa, as expected. What Lisa doesn’t expect is for her and Ben to actually be attracted to each other. She completely forgets about her parents and instead stays out on the deck with Ben until long after the party has wound down.

Love is in the air in the Jones house tonight. Riley is over his Midlife Crisis and ready to spend some time cuddling up with his wife.

I think we all know what cuddling can lead to. A day later it’s confirmed that Tammie's pregnant with another child. I'm glad she's over the morning sickness phase, because she would not stop throwing up! I've never had a Sim vomit that much before.

Although now that I think about it, lately Savannah’s been pretty sick too…

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 23 - Impressions"
« Reply #117 on: October 10, 2012, 02:28:15 AM »
Nooboos! It'll be interesting to see who the father to Savannah's child is. And I think Ben grew up into a very strapping young lad.

Offline Odinsdottir

• Spline Reticulator
  • Occult
  • Artistic, Natural Cook, Cat Person, Insane, Flirty
« Reply #118 on: October 10, 2012, 01:33:34 PM »
Ben's quite a good looking fellow!  That Savannah!  My word.
x, EAOdinsdottir.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #119 on: October 10, 2012, 02:31:52 PM »
Nooboos on the way? No, I am not excited! Not excited at all!  :P

Happy birthday, Ben!

anything