Author Topic: The Jones Random Town Jump: Complete  (Read 233617 times)

Louise56

Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 41 - Relationships"
« Reply #240 on: November 17, 2012, 05:27:40 AM »
Ben in his undies is a sight to see lol! Congrats to the happy couple. ;D

Offline Odinsdottir

• Spline Reticulator
  • Occult
  • Artistic, Natural Cook, Cat Person, Insane, Flirty
« Reply #241 on: November 17, 2012, 05:28:57 AM »
"“No can do, babe. I need an entire suitcase of styling products to keep this mohawk vertical.”"

I lolled. 
x, EAOdinsdottir.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #242 on: November 17, 2012, 06:35:12 AM »
I really like how Barry turned out. Normally I'm not all that enamored with the Keatons' children, but he looks quite cute.

Congrats to Courage and Kelley! Their mutual love for shiny and expensive things will keep them happy for a long time. :P

This whole partners-in-crime thing with Magpie and VJ is interesting and I have no clue what to expect. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. :)

Fantastic update! Hope the exams went well.

Thanks Raia  :). I feel exactly the same way about Barry and the Keaton boys! The exams did go well, thanks for asking. I have one left to do but it isn't until Thursday so I'm giving myself a little break this weekend.

Ben in his undies is a sight to see lol! Congrats to the happy couple. ;D

Thanks Louise, it's good to see Ben still has his admirers.  ;)

"“No can do, babe. I need an entire suitcase of styling products to keep this mohawk vertical.”"

I lolled. 

Glad to hear it! Lols are what I strive for.  :)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #243 on: November 17, 2012, 07:00:08 AM »
“No can do, babe. I need an entire suitcase of styling products to keep this mohawk vertical.”

Ha ha, this cracked me up so much.

Congrats to Courage and Liberty, things are moving so fast now... I can't wait to find out more about what VJ and Magpie are up to.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 41 - Relationships"
« Reply #244 on: November 17, 2012, 07:43:22 AM »
I loved the update, Ausette! What a treat to wake up to! Barry is a lot better looking than some of the Keaton boys!

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #245 on: November 17, 2012, 08:38:04 AM »
Ha ha, this cracked me up so much.

Congrats to Courage and Liberty, things are moving so fast now... I can't wait to find out more about what VJ and Magpie are up to.

Thanks saltpastillen! I'm at the point in Sunset Valley where I'm trying to tidy things up for the move, but there's a still a surprising amount of stuff to get through before I can d that. You'll hear more about VJ and Magpie in three or four chapters.

I loved the update, Ausette! What a treat to wake up to! Barry is a lot better looking than some of the Keaton boys!

Good morning, jude!  :D  It's nine thirty at night where I am. Thanks for the lovely comment.

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #246 on: November 17, 2012, 11:37:19 AM »
You had me loling too Ausette!  And thank you for including so much speedo wearing Patrick Stewart Ben in this update! ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #247 on: November 17, 2012, 07:09:14 PM »
You had me loling too Ausette!  And thank you for including so much speedo wearing Patrick Stewart Ben in this update! ;D

Thanks Silverbella! Hey, it's Ben. If I cut out all the pictures of him in his undies I'd barely end up showing him at all.   :D

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #248 on: November 17, 2012, 07:29:17 PM »
Congratulations to Courage and Kelley!  ;D Their names together are kind of catchy!

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #249 on: November 17, 2012, 07:37:14 PM »
Congratulations to Courage and Kelley!  ;D Their names together are kind of catchy!

Lol, I noticed that too!  :D  I love it when that happens.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 42 - Lifetimes"
« Reply #250 on: November 17, 2012, 08:10:02 PM »
Chapter 42 – Lifetimes

Every morning, Barry and Liberty play chess on the beach together. Barry needs to play as much as possible before he tries the tournaments, so when Liberty’s at work he has to rope in other members of the household.

“Stop throwing your pawns away! You need those to build a solid defence against my rooks!”
“I’m sorry! You know, I think it’d be easier to learn if you let me have the first turn for once.”
“Do you think your challengers will let you have the first turn, Keaton? NO! They won’t! Now tell me exactly what outcome you’d get if you took out my knight with your queen.”
“…I think I liked it better when I had to give you money to stick around.”

Meanwhile, a fire at the Bachelor house brings Ben’s total number of rescues up to 29/30. We’re so close!

Ben’s not the only one in the house getting close to their goals. After a lifetime of solid effort, Lisa finally maxes her painting skill, becoming a Master of the Arts just in time for her elder birthday.

The birthday’s a quiet affair with only Ben, Barry and Magpie in attendance.

Well, that was the plan.

“Fear not, my love! This is just a minor drawback. I’ll have another cake for you in minutes.”
“NO! I REFUSE to get old and saggy! I’LL BURN EVERYTHING IF YOU MAKE ME! EVERYTHING!
“You want to help me with my lifetime wish? A noble gesture, darling, but an unnecessary one.”
“AAARGH!”

Onto round two! Okay, this just seems off. Lisa’s looking a bit unhinged and Magpie looks downright bored.

*pant pant* “I got here as fast as I could. Where’s the fire?”
“The Fire Chief has already dealt with it personally. Now get out before I get old!”
“Wait, this hottie’s becoming an elder?”

“NOOOOOOO!”

And he runs from the house without looking back just in time for the sparkles to hit.

Poor Lisa, she really didn’t want to age up. I half expected her to set the kitchen on fire again.

“Is it bad, Ben?”
“Why, you look as beautiful as you did the day we were wed! Isn’t that right, Magpie?”
“Don’t ask me questions. I’m just here for the cake.”

Lisa dwells on her lost youth for a while. She autonomously paints this picture just after her birthday.

…And does this when I put it in storage. Do you think she planned the dramatic shadows?

In the end, Ben’s the one who snaps Lisa out of her mood. There’s nothing quite like trampoline-ing in your undies to make you feel young.

Whoa, not that young! You want to live to see your grandkids, right?

Courage gets sprayed by the sink as a prank. Normally this wouldn’t be worth posting, but I checked Hope and Liberty’s moodlet panels and neither of them set the trap. So I looked around a bit more and guess what? It was Magpie! That sink’s been booby-trapped since Magpie was a teen! It’s possible that the trap is older than Courage is!

I can't believe she still got the moodlet for that. She's been waiting for that trap to pay off for over twenty years, and after all this time she's finally satisfied.

Or maybe she’s just happy about how her chess game is going. Barry consistently loses to her.

Ben gets called to his next emergency, but it’s only a small house fire and there aren’t any Sims that need rescuing. Come on, just one more rescue! It looks like won’t manage until next week. Luckily, in the meantime we have a bachelor party at the Recurve Strand! Who doesn’t love wearing formalwear to the beach? Let’s hope the ladies know not to wear high heels.

And how the attractions fly! Some guests express interest in up to three of the Joneses at once. You think you’d know not to hit on someone who invited you to his bachelor party, Sabrina.

Worse still, Courage and Sabrina end up in the hot tub together, and it looks like Courage got Ben’s swimwear when he aged up! Goodness me, I hope that’s just a copy and not a hand-me-down.

“You’re… you’re just going to sit there? You don’t want to watch us dance?”
“Nah, I’m good.”
“Candy here is the best party dancer in the valley. Are you sure you want to miss that?”
“I’m sure.”
“Ugh. Fine, but you’re never going to see moves like this again.”

“Get me a spotlight, ladies. THIS is how you do it.”

Oh, Hope.

Courage has a wonderful time at his party and doesn’t end up flirting with Sabrina (phew!). He has to work tomorrow, so he goes home a little early, satisfied in the knowledge that his party will continue without him, and will be EPIC.

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #251 on: November 17, 2012, 08:22:34 PM »
Great update! I can't believe Ben and Lisa are elders now.

Louise56

« Reply #252 on: November 18, 2012, 02:01:58 AM »
I love the update, you have a great sense of humor lol!
I hope Ben gets his lifetime wish before you move. I'm not sure, but I think it reset the rescues to nil.
It did when I have to move a firefighter to the clipboard.

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #253 on: November 18, 2012, 03:09:41 AM »
Sigh, so excellent and funny as always.  This time the flying elders cracked me up the most ;D

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #254 on: November 18, 2012, 04:15:31 AM »
There is something immensely satisfying about watching elder sims on a trampoline. It's like they've gone back in time and are enjoying being kids again. :)

I just realized that Barry's Loser trait may impede his LTW. Yipes!