Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 898222 times)

Offline uponthewaters

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #255 on: September 23, 2012, 04:13:07 PM »
Aww okay. At least now I know what to do if I get another random human again! Thanks Metro and Rica.

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #256 on: September 23, 2012, 04:19:09 PM »
If you are going for the HOF I am sorry you have failed since the human triplet was indeed your heir and those requirements were not done. :(
Ouch, that makes me so happy I decided to start with a normal sim founder, that way only occults will be heirs...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #257 on: September 23, 2012, 04:26:11 PM »
@Metro and Rica,I know that the heir has to be a different life state to the previous heir but what about in later generations. I am assuming that if you have a household of a vampire,human,ghost and werewolf you keep trying until you get a life state that is say a genie for instance.
Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #258 on: September 23, 2012, 04:31:51 PM »
Changing the wording to "a different life state than previous heirs" would be more what Metro and I have in mind.  Would that satisfy you, Rachel or were you talking different than that?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #259 on: September 23, 2012, 04:32:57 PM »
@Metro and Rica,I know that the heir has to be a different life state to the previous heir but what about in later generations. I am assuming that if you have a household of a vampire,human,ghost and werewolf you keep trying until you get a life state that is say a genie for instance.
Rachel

Well, if it is not already understood in the rules the way I look at it is each heir has to be a different life state than all other heirs, not just the previous one.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #260 on: September 23, 2012, 04:39:05 PM »
Riding Trophies do count as the only item that counts for both career reward and 7 items.  It's in the FAQ post. (Reminder we have a FAQ post! :D)

Does this mean we need all 9 trophies? 7 for the items and 2 for the career rewards, or can they count double and is 7 enough?
I am just wondering, since I am trying to plan my Dynasty.
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #261 on: September 23, 2012, 04:40:52 PM »
for career rewards - get two different types of trophies (1 for jumping, 1 for racing or 1 gold and 1 silver) - the other 7 can be any combination of the available.  But you need to have 9 total in the mausoleum to count for both requirements.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #262 on: September 23, 2012, 04:44:36 PM »
@Metro it makes perfect sense to me but as there has been some confusion with how the different life state thing works I was just hoping to sort of make things perfectly clear that it is the first child born who is a different life state to all previous heirs that is the new heir.You just know somebody is going to end up with two vampires and have the excuse that the second vampire was a different life state to his mum so it counts.

@Rica,the wording any previous heirs would certainly help.

Sorry for being a pain but you all know you love me really.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #263 on: September 23, 2012, 04:46:06 PM »
for career rewards - get two different types of trophies (1 for jumping, 1 for racing or 1 gold and 1 silver) - the other 7 can be any combination of the available.  But you need to have 9 total in the mausoleum to count for both requirements.

Thanks Ricalynn for clearing that up! I just wasn't sure when reading "counts for both".

Edited for another question, hope you don't mind...: Does Martial Arts give a skill certificate when completing level 10?
Edited again... Maybe that was a silly question and all skills give a skill certificate when completing level 10?
Edited for the third time: I just realized that a Martial Arts skill certificate wouldn't count, since it is not directly related to a career or profession, right?
Sorry about all the silly questions... :-[
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #264 on: September 23, 2012, 05:26:48 PM »
Edited for another question, hope you don't mind...: Does Martial Arts give a skill certificate when completing level 10?
Edited again... Maybe that was a silly question and all skills give a skill certificate when completing level 10?
Edited for the third time: I just realized that a Martial Arts skill certificate wouldn't count, since it is not directly related to a career or profession, right?
Sorry about all the silly questions... :-[

It does give a Certificate and no it wouldn't count as it's not required in any Career.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #265 on: September 23, 2012, 05:36:52 PM »
A few more 5k+ wishes for the list.

For gardening we can getting a perfect life fruit plant.
For photography we can add maxing the skill and taking a photo worth 2 500 and 3 500.

Maybe a silly question but do we need to max the career for the rewards to count?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #266 on: September 23, 2012, 05:40:27 PM »
Maybe a silly question but do we need to max the career for the rewards to count?

You only need two rewards. I'm not sure whether you still need to be in that career at the end or not, I say that because of the Skill Certificates. Also getting to Level 10 may give some 5k+ Wishes I'm not quite sure.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #267 on: September 23, 2012, 05:42:55 PM »
In my dynasty, I'm planning for my sim to marry a ghost. Is there any way other than moving out the ghost to get rid of her? I don't want to move her out but I also don't want her to live forever. Also, after she gives birth to a child who is a ghost, am I allowed to use ambrosia to make her human?
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #268 on: September 23, 2012, 05:44:20 PM »
Reposting here now that I'm somewhat awake.

Once the heir is born, can we cure the occult partner of their occultness? Such as a vampire getting the cure from the science facility, or asking a fairy to forsake the fae? I haven't started yet, but I'd like the partners/spouses to die in the family, and I can think of at least 4 occults that have long lifespans (vampire, fairy, genie, werewolf).

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #269 on: September 23, 2012, 06:04:28 PM »
Add to the 5k wish list: Martial Arts skill - meditate for 48 hours is 10k. I assume meditate for 24 hours was 5k... and no, it doesn't have to be all in a single sitting. :)
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms