Author Topic: Sims 3 - The Official Building/Remodeling Showboat Thread  (Read 1074311 times)

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
Re: The Official Building/Remodeling Showboat Thread
« Reply #570 on: January 12, 2011, 02:56:23 AM »
Note to self, no more marathon builds.  :-X Ugh this one exhausted me.

This mansion is as yet untitled, I'm debating whether to go with, "Hacienda Rustica," but it doesn't really tote much Spanish influence.

First floor: vegetable garden, gym, study, den, foyer, BOLFS room w/ laundry, dining room, kitchen, carport.

Second floor: Dojo, guest bedroom, studio, foyer, teen's bedroom, elder's bedroom, child's bedroom, master bedroom.

Basement: Craft's room, party lounge, nectary and cellar.

And a close-up schematic of possibly my favorite bedroom ever.  I decided to give disablesnappingtoslotsonalt a go, and used it to fit items into tiny nooks and crannies; surprisingly all items were usable.  Stay on your side of the room!

Full gallery here: [x].  I'll probably have it up in the exchange once I figure out what to call it, and I'll probably add a +version of it to the swap shop with a few butterflies spawners and whatever improvements strike me from now until then.

Oh, sweet irony, deliver me from coincidence.

Please feel free to utilize any of my builds in any of your stories and so forth.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #571 on: January 12, 2011, 04:30:46 AM »
danefaith I love the foyer with the double stairs - the shape is beautiful. And the basement is cool!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #572 on: January 12, 2011, 05:32:39 AM »
Very, very nice, danefaith.  I love the foyer, too.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #573 on: January 13, 2011, 11:46:12 AM »
Here is my own experiment with fusion lounge theme. Only thing I didn't find is music that came with LN, so there is stereo on first floor and piano in basement. If someone can tell me where to find them, I'll be happy to sent it to Swap Shop:

Here is outdoor looking on lot size 30x40:

First floor one angle:

And another:

Basement empty:

And with pianist and mixologist:

Shenice93

« Reply #574 on: January 13, 2011, 02:41:10 PM »
Wow that is a really neat lounge. I especially like the lounging area around the piano. That combined with the surrounding view of the pool makes it very lovely. Very good job.

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
« Reply #575 on: January 13, 2011, 03:21:17 PM »
we're just in full club swing aren't we?  ;D  

By the way, the music speakers are called the public sounds stereo.  It's a buydebug item and it's actually from the vanilla Sims.

Please feel free to utilize any of my builds in any of your stories and so forth.

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
« Reply #576 on: January 13, 2011, 06:14:47 PM »
I used one of the requests as inspiration for an exclusive lounge.

Still a WIP but I intend to fashion rooms with wide screen TVs to essentially be showing rooms, have a grand stand band, and a high celebrity VIP section.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Shenice93

« Reply #577 on: January 13, 2011, 08:38:39 PM »
Wow danefaith, that lounge is looking good already. I can't wait to see the finished project.

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
« Reply #578 on: January 14, 2011, 01:27:37 AM »
Ding fries are done.  ;D

So welcome to S1M Cinema, an exclusive lounge rendered out of an old thirties style movie theater.  Entry is at celebrity lvl 3, or with a bribe of 25 bucks.

The first floor includes two screening rooms and a small piano lounge with a professional bar and nectar sampling, and some very moody lighting!

The second floor includes access to the luxurious private screening rooms with a private bar just an arm's length away.  You can choose from either the high end living room or the hot tub, and sit back for some very intimate movie going.  Access is limited to top level celebrities, or with the help of a 100 simoleon bribe!

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #579 on: January 14, 2011, 03:21:34 AM »
We certainly are danefaith! I checked buydebug but couldn't find it at the time. Upstairs looks too empty in my bar so I'll have to more work there and find those public stereos.
This bar of yours is really something, it would fit great in almost any world, and is much more filled than mine. And that sport/dive bar you made in other tread is cute too! You're right about Naga's SV, I love how Shamrock pub is looking at least from outside (that's how much I saw in gallery).
Keep making them, I would love to fill in new worlds with these new bars and thanks for the direction  ;)

Thanks Shenice, I wanted that sushi bar in a neighborhood, and I just love bright light space!

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
« Reply #580 on: January 14, 2011, 04:23:52 PM »
 Since its not a LN item, you can't tell from just the purple plumbob, and since its a white item, it kind of molds into the background.  You gotta scan for it.  :-X I always remember it as being one or two lines underneath all of the skyscrapers in buydebug.

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
« Reply #581 on: January 14, 2011, 08:40:33 PM »
churned out another.  I must be insane.

Casa de Bamba is a poolside club with a ballroom/latin look and feel.

Publically availably is a small bar in the foyer and a huge dance floor with seating for the wall flower's.  The bouncer guards the elevator leading to the exclusive basement...

And would you look at that, the first poolside lounge I've ever built that's actually in a poolside club.  ;D Available at celebrity level 3 (no bribes!), it features another bar right off the dance floor, its own bathrooms equipped with after swim showers, a jacuzzi with side seating and a luxurious pool.

Offline Jonna

• Occult
« Reply #582 on: January 14, 2011, 08:43:17 PM »
Since its not a LN item, you can't tell from just the purple plumbob, and since its a white item, it kind of molds into the background.  You gotta scan for it.  :-X I always remember it as being one or two lines underneath all of the skyscrapers in buydebug.

It's also in Build Mode > Community Objects > Miscellaneous (I think that's the right path, I don't have my game up right now).

sculptress

« Reply #583 on: January 17, 2011, 03:29:37 AM »
Been away and not keeping up with all the new posts.
@Samoht - i like where your latest work is going and where did you get those windows?
@AmeliaAnne - What a nice neat little house - will be interested to see the inside
@Anushka - Loved the lounge esp the pool, excellent innovation
@Danefaith - I liked the stairs/entry on your last big place but what happened to the drive way?

I have my latest place ready to show and it's completely clean as I did a complete re-install. Just waiting to be accepted to carls photo thingy.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #584 on: January 17, 2011, 11:18:35 AM »
My latest Construction that hasn't been finished:

If you meant those Windows I think they are the Floor to Ceiling ones from the Base Game but I recoloured them to Black. (If you were talking about the Blue-ish things then that is a Half-Wall from LN with Glass on the top.)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]