Author Topic: Where did your profile name come from?  (Read 196905 times)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Re: Where did your profile name come from?
« Reply #630 on: February 25, 2013, 12:41:48 AM »
Once upon a time I had a cat named Sunshine. She lived to be just shy of 20! I had to put her down because of an tumor on her nose and she could hardly walk because of severe arthritis. It tore me up pretty badly, but I had to come to grips with it. Shortly after this, we got our first comp and went online. At first i used my real name because I didn't know that I was supposed to choose a handle, lol. Once I found that out, I decided to put a Christian slant to her name and took it for my handle since I am a Christian. That was in 96! I later discovered that there is a Sonshine Festival here in the summer, but I came up with my name independent of that.

Offline juliette

• Nooboo
« Reply #631 on: February 25, 2013, 08:25:41 AM »
From my real name ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Kronos

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #632 on: February 25, 2013, 01:59:04 PM »
Well I was having trouble deciding on a username for another site. After what felt like 20 minutes trying to come up with something clever I checked the time on my watch. It clicked into place. Watch-chronos (Greek Titan and god of time)- add a very minute amount of flair by throwing in the k and there it is.
What experience and history teach is this-that people and governments never have learned anything from history, or acted on principles deduced from it. -Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Offline Machlevin

• Sic semper tyrannis.
  • Nooboo
« Reply #633 on: March 14, 2013, 01:41:58 PM »
Mach, being a dimensionless quantity representing the ratio of speed of an object moving through a fluid and the local speed of sound; and levin being another word for lightning. Together, it represents the subsonic to hypersonic and speed and fluidity of lightning.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #634 on: March 14, 2013, 08:09:00 PM »
Mach, being a dimensionless quantity representing the ratio of speed of an object moving through a fluid and the local speed of sound; and levin being another word for lightning. Together, it represents the subsonic to hypersonic and speed and fluidity of lightning.

Awesome!  But does the name refer to your skill or wit?  Or both?
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #635 on: March 16, 2013, 02:49:08 AM »
My handle is essentially a shortened form of my first name, Gwendolyn. In real life though, I'm mostly just known as Gwen/Gwennie. If someone does call me Gwendolyn, it has a tendency to freak me out a bit, especially if it's from a girl shorter than me (5'7.5"). Recently though, people tell me that they just think the name is pretty and they like saying it, as opposed to people just showing up to razz me.

It's kind of funny, because it's one of those names that pops up in television, but I can count the number of other people I've seen in person with that name on one hand. Maybe it's just in contrast with being in the class with five hundred Tiffanys/Emmas/Codys.
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline Mahmeya

• Townie
« Reply #636 on: March 17, 2013, 04:41:47 AM »
I used name of my main WoW character *points to avatar image*
search EU armory if anyone is that curious

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gulliver the cat!

• Townie
« Reply #637 on: March 31, 2013, 07:40:23 PM »
I got my username from my little gullible Gulliver (my cat). He was sitting on my lap when I named my account, which led to me deciding to name my account Gulliver the cat!

Offline NearlyWitches

• Professional Procrastinator
  • Occult
  • Geronimo.
« Reply #638 on: April 01, 2013, 07:02:41 AM »
I got my username from my little gullible Gulliver (my cat). He was sitting on my lap when I named my account, which led to me deciding to name my account Gulliver the cat!
That's funny because near me there's a theme park for small children called Gulliver's land and Gulliver is a mouse!  :P
Welcome to the forum by the way!
Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you.

Offline wickedjr89

• Nooboo
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #639 on: April 12, 2013, 12:03:32 PM »
When I was in high school I had a friend 1 grade ahead of me, and when the seniors would graduate they'd "pass down" stuff to their friends in the lower grades. My friend had a nickname "Wicked" so she told me she passed that onto me and I became "wicked jr" hence wickedjr, I was born in 89 so, that is where my profile name came from.

I don't know how to make a banner or I would. I have a sim legacy story if anyone would like to check it out *whistles*
http://ts3stormlegacy.blogspot.com/

Offline ForgivingSoul

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #640 on: April 14, 2013, 12:53:47 PM »
My friends used to make fun of me that I was way too patient and forgiving with annoying people. It's something I choose to do, though it's hard sometimes, since I don't want to become a jerk. And the soul part is cause...well it's cool.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #641 on: April 14, 2013, 02:37:11 PM »
My friends used to make fun of me that I was way too patient and forgiving with annoying people. It's something I choose to do, though it's hard sometimes, since I don't want to become a jerk. And the soul part is cause...well it's cool.

You sound like a very noble person.  I agree it's hard to be forgiving but my Nonna taught me that "bitterness is an acid that rots the vessel holding it".  But I'm still working on it.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline revolution724

• Townie
« Reply #642 on: April 14, 2013, 02:57:52 PM »
7-24 is my birthday, and "revolution" is because I have an activist streak.  I've used this handle online for more than a decade.

Offline ForgivingSoul

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #643 on: April 14, 2013, 08:11:05 PM »
You sound like a very noble person.  I agree it's hard to be forgiving but my Nonna taught me that "bitterness is an acid that rots the vessel holding it".  But I'm still working on it.
Well thank you. That means a lot to me. It really isn't easy. I just think everyone deserves a chance for forgiveness. Right? Btw, your username is really cool :)

Offline DarkmetalScorpian

• The Malady of Sim Nation
  • Townie
« Reply #644 on: April 22, 2013, 11:53:43 PM »
Mine actually comes from three sources:

Dark come from the fact that I was the only one of my friends at the time of African decent.
Metal comes from my love of classic rock music, which the "musically forward", as I call them, hilariously and ignorantly dubbed as "metal"
Scorpian comes from a tank in Halo 3, which happened to be one of two vehicles that I am effective with (Scorpion sounds cooler than wraith in my opinion) and I used an a rather than an o because it's the first letter of my preferred name and it ensures not being taken.