Author Topic: Where did your profile name come from?  (Read 196781 times)

Offline Jessywoo

• Nooboo
  • Motherlode..... *sigh*
Re: Where did your profile name come from?
« Reply #645 on: April 25, 2013, 11:57:04 AM »
Jessywoo is a nickname I've used for a long time. My parents used to call me 'Woo', and I just added my first name - Jessica - to the front, to ensure it not being taken. I don't join much online but anyone called Jessywoo is probably me
'Well! I've often seen a cat without a grin,' thought Alice, 'but a grin without a cat! It's the most curious thing I ever saw in my life!'

Offline AkonIsAwesome

• Courtier of Mania
  • Occult
  • Scion of Madness
« Reply #646 on: May 08, 2013, 02:03:27 AM »
AkonIsAwesome is sort of self-explanatory: Akon one of my favorite characters in the manga series Bleach. Thus the name. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simanda

• Nooboo
« Reply #647 on: May 09, 2013, 02:31:09 PM »
Mine's not terribly creative.  My name's Amanda and I have a Sims addiction.  Ergo, simanda...lack of caps cos I was lazy XD  I only use this name on sim-related sites...otherwise I use soullessmist, which is a name I came up with in my angsty, wannabe-goth teens >.>

Offline Aquilo

• Nooboo
« Reply #648 on: June 10, 2013, 10:36:45 PM »
Several years ago I was looking for a username of another website. I found this list of Roman gods and deities, and Aquilo was just one I liked. Aquilo was a fabled giant golden eagle who rules the north winds. The name stuck and I've been using it ever since! :D

Offline simaholic

• Dragon valley resident
  • Nooboo
« Reply #649 on: June 12, 2013, 05:56:21 PM »
I am known as mcrudd on the official sims 3 site, but here I picked my old sims 2 username simaholic. Its self explanatory. I am a simaholic LOL, I live and breath sims since sims 1 to the future sims 4  ;D

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #650 on: June 13, 2013, 12:00:22 PM »
Several years ago I was looking for a username of another website. I found this list of Roman gods and deities, and Aquilo was just one I liked. Aquilo was a fabled giant golden eagle who rules the north winds. The name stuck and I've been using it ever since! :D
I read a children's magazine called Aquila. I'm getting a bit old for it now but I still enjoy it.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline Dweiathecat

• Nooboo
« Reply #651 on: June 15, 2013, 11:09:55 AM »
My name comes from one of the main characters in 'The Redemption of Althalus' by David and Leigh Eddings.
Dweia is a goddess who spends plenty of time as a black cat. Thus Dweiathecat. ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Passions

• ♥ Passi☆nately Me ♥
  • Nooboo
  • ♥ Passionate Lady Gamer ♥
    • My YouTube Page
« Reply #652 on: June 17, 2013, 01:40:17 PM »
Hey Guys,

I hope your all having a fantastic day. Okay, my name came from the love and Passion I have for gaming. All my life I was criticized about being a female and playing games. Because supposedly it was for boys but I didn't let that bother me or stop me my love and passion for gaming grew strong. Especially when the 1st Sims came out forget you thought I was hooked then look at me know I have never stopped gaming and my love and Passion for games is still strong and now I'm a Passionately Me Lady Gamer, Sims obsessed, Sims fanatic you name it.. So that's why I call myself Passions (Passionately Me Lady Gamer)..  :-*
♥ Passionately Me ♥

Offline DeKilte

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #653 on: June 18, 2013, 07:52:17 PM »
When I was 8, my mother changed my last name to Hill.  My teachers all wrote my name as C. Hill on papers, etc. I got a new uniform for gym and my teacher put "CHILL" on the back of it without thinking. I was dubbed Chill until I was 13.
My mother's family is all Dutch-American. I typed "Chill" into a Dutch translator when I needed a screen name for MySpace my freshman year of high school. It spat out "De kilte". I loved it. My friends would call me DK half the time and "DeKilte" the rest for a long while. Even growing up and getting married, people still refer to me as DK or Chill or DeKilte.
The Beautiful Stars
(The Bellanova Immortal Dynasty)

Offline bunso

• Your friendly kabarkada
  • Llama Wrangler
  • I want to be your friend.
« Reply #654 on: June 19, 2013, 04:32:07 AM »
Hello everybody!!! :D

Well, to start off.. I used 'bunso' since in English it means youngest.. I can't think of other name while I'm registering on my school's forum a month ago..
Since I'm the youngest in our team, I decided to use the word bunso for any of the forums I want to register.
I'm also the youngest in the family so 'bunso' really suits me. That's all! :D

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #655 on: August 16, 2013, 01:02:04 AM »
When I was very young I watched Pipi Longstocking. I had an obsession with the name Annika for a very long time, and decided it was time it made a come-back - getting in touch with my inner-child, if you will.

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #656 on: August 16, 2013, 02:36:23 AM »
I must have posted earlier. I found the topic today when searching through the unread topics. So, here goes:
chetan: My real name.
haobijam: My real surname.
I use the same username in all websites I registered. You can call me 'chetan' or 'chet'. Also I am an Indian(not an american indian but an Indian), maybe the only Indian in this forum.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

by Swirl~Girl

Offline Crazylittleloon

• Occult
  • Ruining your childhood since 1995
« Reply #657 on: August 16, 2013, 12:18:06 PM »
I'm a complete neurotic wackadoodle, hence the "Crazy loon". I'm also the smallest person in my family, which is where I get the "little" from. Crazylittleloon has been my internet handle since about 2011, but I've gone by many other names since I started going on the internet in the very early 2000s. Heck, I remember when Youtube didn't exist.  ::)

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #658 on: August 16, 2013, 12:20:54 PM »
I must have posted earlier. I found the topic today when searching through the unread topics. So, here goes:
chetan: My real name.
haobijam: My real surname.
I use the same username in all websites I registered. You can call me 'chetan' or 'chet'. Also I am an Indian(not an american indian but an Indian), maybe the only Indian in this forum.

Hey Chet, you're definitely not the only Indian :) I live in Canada now, but was born and brought up in south India. There's at least a couple others on here too :) Happy belated independence day !

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #659 on: August 16, 2013, 01:00:24 PM »
Hey Chet, you're definitely not the only Indian :) I live in Canada now, but was born and brought up in south India. There's at least a couple others on here too :) Happy belated independence day !
Same to you. Finally, a relief that I am not the only Indian in the forum. Nice to meet you:).
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

by Swirl~Girl