Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3000644 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #3510 on: October 04, 2011, 02:45:43 AM »
That is weird. Thanks for checking on that, BellaClo. So then Private Eye case DO count towards BlackOps because they occupy a career opportunity slot.

It's very weird.  It makes me wonder if the sole defining characteristic of BlackOps should be that they occupy a slot.  It's just so clearly an occupational situation like the other Ambitions professions.  Opportunities should be something extra in addition to normal work.  Private Eye is going to be the only career/profession/job that gets to count it's normal work as BlackOps.  I know that technically, that's what the game is producing, but I just don't agree with it, personally.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

TheDarkPlumbob

« Reply #3511 on: October 04, 2011, 02:50:55 AM »
Well, I've always thought as a black op being anything that covers an opportunity slot.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #3512 on: October 04, 2011, 03:05:29 AM »
Well, I've always thought as a black op being anything that covers an opportunity slot.

Yes, I realize that and Metro's ruling that way.  I just personally think it's a very awkward piece of the game to place those professional cases in the opportunity slots.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3513 on: October 04, 2011, 07:08:20 AM »
Yes, I realize that and Metro's ruling that way.  I just personally think it's a very awkward piece of the game to place those professional cases in the opportunity slots.

Agreed, given the game treats some of the other profession ops differently. Oh, well.

Offline The Anonymous

• Nooboo
« Reply #3514 on: October 04, 2011, 09:46:30 AM »
I just started my Meadows Dynasty.... I still have no idea what to do with my museum, but oh well, I'll think of something. xD

Sportsfan

« Reply #3515 on: October 04, 2011, 10:02:35 AM »
Welcome to the Forum!

You can do pretty much anything. I know that Metro had separate rooms for each immortal, and then a "rear" museum. Pam had different rooms for each and had their special furniture in each room.

I put it all in a basement.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #3516 on: October 04, 2011, 02:26:56 PM »
I'm thinking about starting a "trait dynasty" where the founder and spouse share a common trait (one that is available to each Sim at birth) and all the immortals will be born with that same trait. It's still following the same exact rules/requirements, but all immortals must be born with the trait. The mortals, may not have that trait at birth, but can either develop the trait overtime, or not develop the trait at all. I just thought it would add humor to the dynasty.

EDIT: I'm not trying to change the rules to the dynasty, or make up my own rules. I just wanted to try a story where all the immortals will do funny things, from their unlock interactions/idles/etc. Somehow the family would seem "normal." I might do this with the DecaDynasty challenge too.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3517 on: October 04, 2011, 03:08:05 PM »
I'm thinking about starting a "trait dynasty" where the founder and spouse share a common trait (one that is available to each Sim at birth) and all the immortals will be born with that same trait. It's still following the same exact rules/requirements, but all immortals must be born with the trait. The mortals, may not have that trait at birth, but can either develop the trait overtime, or not develop the trait at all. I just thought it would add humor to the dynasty.

EDIT: I'm not trying to change the rules to the dynasty, or make up my own rules. I just wanted to try a story where all the immortals will do funny things, from their unlock interactions/idles/etc. Somehow the family would seem "normal." I might do this with the DecaDynasty challenge too.

Or the Immortals share a trait, and the mortals share the conflicting trait to create a dysfunctional family.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #3518 on: October 04, 2011, 03:28:30 PM »
That sounds even better! Nothing conflicts with the Insane trait though, so I'm thinking, it could be a story similar to the Hart Family. I could create suspense like will the mortal twin become insane too?

Offline The Anonymous

• Nooboo
« Reply #3519 on: October 06, 2011, 07:35:16 PM »
Question: Does the museum have to be on the Dynasty Lot? Or can it be built on a lot one of them has bought? :P

Sportsfan

« Reply #3520 on: October 06, 2011, 07:37:26 PM »
I'm pretty sure that it can be anywhere, but with some of the inventory bugs I think it's safer just to keep it on your lot.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3521 on: October 06, 2011, 07:50:08 PM »
I am not a hundred percent sure but I don't think you can put things from the family inventory on another lot. Either that or is goes down in value. I seem to recall it coming up once on this thread.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #3522 on: October 06, 2011, 08:14:16 PM »
You can have your museum either on your home lot or on another lot you own.  I also remember some issues about not being able to pull from family inventory on a lot other than your home lot.  I think it meant that you can only use paintings that way, so you'd lose the value of the sculptures and photographs in your final score.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

imaGleek

« Reply #3523 on: October 07, 2011, 11:19:28 AM »
Are we allowed to change the size of the painting when we're doing the immortals portrait? Like, when you're in that mode wear you position the portrait and you press "i" to shange the size.

I'm asking this because when I read other peoples dynasties, they always have there portraits in the default size.

Offline Serena Darrin

• Immortal
  • Back to School
« Reply #3524 on: October 07, 2011, 01:57:08 PM »
I can't remember which dynasty I saw it in (I read a lot of them) but I do know that at least one person has used the larger portraits. (My sincere apologies for forgetting)

It was how I found out you could make your portraits bigger.

anything