Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2984363 times)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #3495 on: September 24, 2011, 02:26:38 AM »
I believe Jeana means "Can I use unlockoutfits on to access locked hairstyles from Ambitions to put on my sim?".

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #3496 on: September 25, 2011, 05:40:30 AM »
I had just gotten back into my dynasty and everyone was doing well.  Then I noticed SOME of the portraits that used to hang in the museum were missing.  Note, I said SOME.  I don't know where they went or why they disappeared.  All the founders portraits are gone but photos remain.  All gen 2's portraits are gone and some of the photos.  Some of gen 3 portraits are gone.  Gen 4 has all her portraits.  Spouses portraits in the spouse section, not in the museum are also gone including some of the photos.  This is really weird.  I do have a back up file from previous play.  May I go back and use that file and continue for the HOF or is this game toast as far as the HOF is concerned?  I will still play it either way as it's fun again.

Going back to re-read the rules to see if Motive Mobile is ok or not.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #3497 on: September 25, 2011, 05:57:26 AM »
Joria,
Good luck with the file. I am redoing this (again) with a new plan. I was going to make a story of it, but I don't have that much time to play as it is, so no story. But it's fun. I'm using the motive mobile extensively, since this is in the rules:

•The Moodlet Manager and Motive Mobile are fine for any Sim.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3498 on: September 25, 2011, 06:49:27 AM »
I had just gotten back into my dynasty and everyone was doing well.  Then I noticed SOME of the portraits that used to hang in the museum were missing.  Note, I said SOME.  I don't know where they went or why they disappeared.  All the founders portraits are gone but photos remain.  All gen 2's portraits are gone and some of the photos.  Some of gen 3 portraits are gone.  Gen 4 has all her portraits.  Spouses portraits in the spouse section, not in the museum are also gone including some of the photos.  This is really weird.  I do have a back up file from previous play.  May I go back and use that file and continue for the HOF or is this game toast as far as the HOF is concerned?

That does sound quite bizarre. I can't imagine you intentionally/unintentionally deleting the necessary portraits. Did you check everyone's inventory as well as the family inventory? If you can't find them, then go ahead and play from the back up.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3499 on: September 25, 2011, 08:50:43 AM »
Joria,have you had any burglars.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #3500 on: September 25, 2011, 02:02:08 PM »
Joria,have you had any burglars.

Rachel

Yes, Ratchie I did have a burglar but my founder actually followed her in to the house and the police said everything was returned.  I don't see how it was taken in the first place.  Most of the art work my 2nd gen artist painted was gone as well but all the sculptures were there and some of the portraits were there.  Just not all of them.  It really is bizarre.  I did check the group inventory but no art work there, just stuff they were sent for being celebs and old baby furniture.  I have also checked everyone's personal inventory.

I've had trouble with this dynasty off and on since I began it.  First there was the travel bug, then the photography bug.  It was getting annoying so I stopped playing for quite awhile.

It seems to me the rules have changed a bit since I first started also, and gotten much more complicated.  Even pinstar's treatise length rule set for his legacy isn't as complicated.  One of the things that seemed changed is you can put in the LN buildings but you can't put in LN venues that aren't the original high rise buildings.  Before, I had put in venues that either I had built, or others had built, that were the same kind of venue but not a high rise.  Putting them in, in the first place, meant having to go into Edit Town mode anyway, because not every town had room for the huge lots needed for the high rises. 

@ Metro:  Nope.  No way I would deliberately delete those portraits!  The way I noticed it to begin with was having my resident artist paint the child portrait of gen 4.  Since it was a masterpiece it was definitely destined for the museum.  Went to place it and noticed blank walls here and there.  So then I went and checked every room and every wall and even paintings done by the founding male, Jon Lessen, were gone.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3501 on: September 26, 2011, 02:16:00 AM »
It seems to me the rules have changed a bit since I first started also, and gotten much more complicated.  Even pinstar's treatise length rule set for his legacy isn't as complicated.  One of the things that seemed changed is you can put in the LN buildings but you can't put in LN venues that aren't the original high rise buildings.  Before, I had put in venues that either I had built, or others had built, that were the same kind of venue but not a high rise.  Putting them in, in the first place, meant having to go into Edit Town mode anyway, because not every town had room for the huge lots needed for the high rises. 

This might have been a misunderstanding. To my knowledge, we've never been allowed to build our own Late Night venues. It would unbalance the playing field for everyone because we all need to have access to the same things to make it fair. If you built your own, we don't know if it's precisely the same as the one built by EA in the game.

Are there any other changes you've noticed? I think Metro made some clarifications, but actually changing the rules would be a bad idea. This has always been a very complicated rule set and it gets updated to include each expansion pack, which Pinstar's legacy does not.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

TheDarkPlumbob

« Reply #3502 on: October 03, 2011, 02:08:46 AM »
Sorry if this question has been already asked,

I haven't seen any rule that says you cannot use private eye work ops (cases) as some of your black ops.
But people have been asking me to clarify this with you because they are not certain that I should be using cases as black ops.

Please can someone reply as it would save me a lot of time and a lot of effort putting my mistakes right.
Can I use cases (from PI profession) as my black ops?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #3503 on: October 03, 2011, 02:39:33 AM »
Sorry if this question has been already asked,

I haven't seen any rule that says you cannot use private eye work ops (cases) as some of your black ops.
But people have been asking me to clarify this with you because they are not certain that I should be using cases as black ops.

Please can someone reply as it would save me a lot of time and a lot of effort putting my mistakes right.
Can I use cases (from PI profession) as my black ops?

This is quoted from the rules on page 1:

7. Complete 6 Opportunities no other immortal has completed (BlackOps). These can be Career, School/Scavenger Hunt, Skill, Special, and Celebrity Opportunities.

As you can see, it clearly states that the BlackOps have to be Opportunities.  Private eye cases are not opportunities.  They are cases that advance your Sim through that profession, just like makeovers advance the Stylist profession and design projects advance the Architect profession.  Opportunities are a whole different thing.  The main thing is that an Opportunity will take up a slot on your Opportunities tab in the User Interface, either career, skill, or miscellaneous.  If it doesn't take one of those slots, it doesn't count toward BlackOps.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #3504 on: October 03, 2011, 02:59:49 AM »
If it doesn't take one of those slots, it doesn't count toward BlackOps.
But weirdly enough, the PI cases do take the career slot in the opportunity tab. I don't think it's the same for architect or stylist or all the other professions in Ambitions.

I noticed this in one of my attempt to a Dynasty, and I had also assumed they were legit black opps. It would be nice to clarify this.
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #3505 on: October 03, 2011, 03:26:11 AM »
But weirdly enough, the PI cases do take the career slot in the opportunity tab. I don't think it's the same for architect or stylist or all the other professions in Ambitions.

I noticed this in one of my attempt to a Dynasty, and I had also assumed they were legit black opps. It would be nice to clarify this.

Well, maybe I'm completely wrong. I don't remember them taking up a slot on the Opportunities tab, but it's been awhile since I've played a Private Eye.  Metro will have to make a final ruling on this one. Sorry everyone if I was mistaken.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #3506 on: October 03, 2011, 07:28:33 AM »
It's not you being mistaken, I find it's rather the game being a bit confusing on this subject. Some of the professions from Ambitions give jobs as "career" opportunities, like the Private Eyes, but some others don't. I don't think the Ghost Hunter jobs are opps for instance. Because of this, the rules could be clarified indeed. Really, EA could take our challenges into account when they design their EP's  :D

Edit: I just checked, and only the Private Eyes cases register as opportunities. None of the other professions (stylist, architect, firefighter and ghost hunter) had jobs showing up as career opps.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3507 on: October 03, 2011, 01:33:46 PM »
It's not you being mistaken, I find it's rather the game being a bit confusing on this subject. Some of the professions from Ambitions give jobs as "career" opportunities, like the Private Eyes, but some others don't. I don't think the Ghost Hunter jobs are opps for instance. Because of this, the rules could be clarified indeed. Really, EA could take our challenges into account when they design their EP's  :D

Edit: I just checked, and only the Private Eyes cases register as opportunities. None of the other professions (stylist, architect, firefighter and ghost hunter) had jobs showing up as career opps.

That is weird. Thanks for checking on that, BellaClo. So then Private Eye case DO count towards BlackOps because they occupy a career opportunity slot.

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #3508 on: October 03, 2011, 04:15:11 PM »
So then Private Eye case DO count towards BlackOps because they occupy a career opportunity slot.
Great news! There are at least 20 different cases. This means a good supply of black ops for players involved in Dynasties. Yet, I don't think they bring in a lot of $ ...  ;)

TheDarkPlumbob

« Reply #3509 on: October 04, 2011, 02:31:52 AM »
Thanks for the clarification on that guys, phew!