Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2984888 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #3600 on: October 20, 2011, 02:56:54 PM »
Will pets qualify as one of the six best friends? I'm assuming they would since "anyone/anything can qualify," but I just wanted to check first.

Yep. All pets definitely can qualify as best friends.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3601 on: October 21, 2011, 01:16:46 AM »
For anyone setting up a dynasty in AP (I see that and still think Aeria Points) Barrington Diamond has 8 points in painting. There is a YA female with short red hair who has I think 7 points, and a little girl in another family with 10 points. I think Barrington is the best bet because you don't have to either a) move in the whole family or b) wait for him to grow up; and because he had one more point than the red-head.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CharlotteDaBookworm

• Occult
  • Call me Charlotte, Charlie or Char
« Reply #3602 on: October 21, 2011, 03:08:16 PM »
I can't believe it. I've failed my dynasty. I forgot to get the toddler portrait of gen 4.  :(

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3603 on: October 21, 2011, 03:47:07 PM »
Oh man. :( I'm so sorry.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3604 on: October 21, 2011, 03:51:17 PM »
Oh,Charlotte I am so sorry.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3605 on: October 21, 2011, 04:59:11 PM »
I just got Pets (installing now!), so what are all the restrictions to having them? I remember we can adopt them, and we can have them in the BF requirement, but are there any others? I assume the "no-ambrosia-for-non-heirs" applies to them too (they have stuff like Pet Young Again potion).

I'm so sorry Charlotte.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3606 on: October 21, 2011, 06:02:16 PM »
I just got Pets (installing now!), so what are all the restrictions to having them? I remember we can adopt them, and we can have them in the BF requirement, but are there any others? I assume the "no-ambrosia-for-non-heirs" applies to them too (they have stuff like Pet Young Again potion).

Yes, there needs to be consistency between Sims and their pets restrictions. All pets need to have normal lifespans.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #3607 on: October 21, 2011, 06:54:36 PM »
What about the reward a sim can get to expand all pets' lifespans? It's not a perpetual or even repeatable thing. No to that as well?
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3608 on: October 21, 2011, 06:56:23 PM »
What about the reward a sim can get to expand all pets' lifespans? It's not a perpetual or even repeatable thing. No to that as well?

Yes, no to that as well. You'd be extending a pet's life. I'll make some rule set edits now.

Offline annieb

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3609 on: October 21, 2011, 08:11:57 PM »
I was feeling great about the first 2 generations and was anxiously awaiting the 3rd when I got my first set of natural triplets (no fertility treatments, kids music/tv...). Oh dear, this is going to be challenging. I've never been so thankful for boarding school!

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3610 on: October 22, 2011, 04:49:39 AM »
I'm ready to scream right now. Pets has wiped my Store Items from working. Including my Worlds. Hidden Springs isn't working and so Tris' Files have vanished. I'm reinstalling all my Store Items now and hoping for the best. I just hope it works...  :(
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3611 on: October 22, 2011, 05:21:53 AM »
I'm ready to scream right now. Pets has wiped my Store Items from working. Including my Worlds. Hidden Springs isn't working and so Tris' Files have vanished. I'm reinstalling all my Store Items now and hoping for the best. I just hope it works...  :(

Do we dare hope that you made a complete back up of the game before installing Pets?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3612 on: October 22, 2011, 05:28:22 AM »
I think I did but luckily the game has shown up again, I have yet to test it though. I wasn't really that far in if it does go wrong I had a lot of Updates but with Tris you're bound to. ;)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Anjielicka

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3613 on: October 22, 2011, 09:29:42 AM »
Do immortals need to eat Ambrosia?

My founder has met all her requirements for eating ambrosia  but my game ran into some sort of a glitch which I noticed after the latest patch - none of my fisherman sims (hubby and 2nd generation heir) can fish with a bait anymore in any of the community fishing spots - the game would just remove the action and leave them with nothing to do. They can still fish with bait in the pond that I created in their own lot but it doesn't have anything except the store-bought fishes. I haven't tried fishing for deathfish without any bait (just lure) but I doubt that will work since the hubby have been doing it for a couple of nights now without any luck.

Am I doomed and have to restart? Is eating Ambrosia a requirement for immortality or would putting a death flower in my founder's inventory and getting tattoos and makeovers be enough to  be called "immortal"?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3614 on: October 22, 2011, 09:33:15 AM »
Remembering to eat your ambrosia is kind of part of the challenge so Metro will have to give final say. 

I can say for certain though that I've managed to get deathfish at the graveyard without using bait.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'