Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3000741 times)

Sportsfan

Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #3555 on: October 11, 2011, 09:53:52 PM »
Actually Seabody quoted it but yes I understand what you mean.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3556 on: October 11, 2011, 09:54:29 PM »
I just reread my old quote that Sportsfan quoted in ratchie's situation and now I know why I cut her some slack — it was circumstantial...beyond her control. Her little one had a diaper explosion and she had to take care of it immediately and in the process one of her Sims ate Ambrosia. So, that's different. I can live with that. In fact, I could live with that multiple times. But, if you just plain mess up and you're right at the computer and have a "Homer Simpson" moment...well...we'll talk. Lol. Just fill me in on the circumstances and I'll make the call.

Ahem... the name's Seabody.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3557 on: October 11, 2011, 10:03:24 PM »
Ahem... the name's Seabody.

Oops. Ummm...does that qualify as a Homer Simpson? I have lots of those.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3558 on: October 12, 2011, 02:19:37 AM »
So what is the ruling for me? Can I go back or am I under the 'Home Simpson' moment error? I understand if you say no since I did mess up and personally I think that Ratchie did have the right to go back but I don't want Metro to be unhappy with the rulings he makes.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3559 on: October 12, 2011, 07:04:07 AM »
So what is the ruling for me? Can I go back or am I under the 'Home Simpson' moment error? I understand if you say no since I did mess up and personally I think that Ratchie did have the right to go back but I don't want Metro to be unhappy with the rulings he makes.

Well, I'm unhappy with myself to be honest for not reading Seabody's post more carefully. All I read originally was..."But, Metro remember when ratchie, blah, blah." And I did remember but I stopped reading the circumstance. Shame on me. If I had read the whole post, then I would have never said that yes you (and everyone) can make one mistake. So, let's just pretend that that never happened and continue on as always. You did make a mistake and it is of a nature where my original ruling stands.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3560 on: October 12, 2011, 07:17:27 AM »
You did make a mistake and it is of a nature where my original ruling stands.

Would you mind spelling it out?  It's still a bit confusing for me.  Does samoht04 get to continue or is it done for this attempt?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3561 on: October 12, 2011, 09:08:35 AM »
Would you mind spelling it out?  It's still a bit confusing for me.  Does samoht04 get to continue or is it done for this attempt?

I did spell it out. I said my original ruling (on the previous page) where I quoted the appropriate passage from the rules for samo stands. He interpreted the quote correctly as a failed attempt without forcing me to come out and say that which makes me a little uncomfortable.   

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3562 on: October 12, 2011, 11:14:23 AM »
Okay Metro, I understand and it is fine. I'll get into that HoF one day, I hope so anyway, Lol.  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Sportsfan

« Reply #3563 on: October 17, 2011, 08:04:59 PM »
Metro, with the release of the 1.26 patch, how much of a grace period do we have before we need to update our games?

imaGleek

« Reply #3564 on: October 17, 2011, 08:07:46 PM »
Oh, and with that patch, there's a new option in the settings where you can choose to have autonomy disabled for the active sim, I'm assuming we're not allowed to have the box checked, but I'm just asking so it can be put in the rules.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3565 on: October 17, 2011, 08:30:48 PM »
Oh, and with that patch, there's a new option in the settings where you can choose to have autonomy disabled for the active sim, I'm assuming we're not allowed to have the box checked, but I'm just asking so it can be put in the rules.

There is? Thanks for that. No more moviemakercheatsenabled Sim Shutdown! :D Too long of a cheat code to bother turning free will off for one sim. It's so annoying!
Anywho, back on topic.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3566 on: October 17, 2011, 10:41:32 PM »

That should be covered under the part of the rules that says freewill must be set on high.  There's no exemption for that for any Sim.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3567 on: October 18, 2011, 07:11:57 AM »
Metro, with the release of the 1.26 patch, how much of a grace period do we have before we need to update our games?

Just do it whenever you fire the game up next. The launcher should tell you automatically.

Interesting. I have not patched up myself and created a new Sim recently — I'm waiting to do a fresh reinstall with Pets. But, yeah, Pam's right — that would/should be covered where freewill is mentioned. Give me a couple days to digest Pets and I'm sure there will be plenty of rules amendments.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3568 on: October 18, 2011, 11:45:11 AM »
For those of you wishing to begin a Dynasty in the new Pets' neighborhood, Appaloosa Plains, I made the lot choice just now and edited the ruleset and selected additional items your founder will need to purchase to bring funds to $1800.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3569 on: October 18, 2011, 02:38:07 PM »
Metro -

I noticed that if you start a family with a pet, you get a small bit of on hand cash for the pet.  Probably would be best to make a ruling about that.  The care of the pet is probably going to cover that money in the first week or so but thought I would bring it up.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

anything