Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3000636 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #3585 on: October 18, 2011, 10:21:49 PM »
Oh shoot!
I thought that that was okay and used it for about 5 sim minutes to have my sim in the elated pose for screenshot purposes. Was that okay?

Lol. No biggie.

Sportsfan

« Reply #3586 on: October 18, 2011, 10:23:00 PM »

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3587 on: October 19, 2011, 02:38:03 PM »
Metro, can I go back to a previous Save? I have no idea what happened but the game just went into this pale pink screen with the UI on top, I saved As (Jade Dynasty 5 Glitch) so I still have my last save that was not affected but I don't remember how far back it was from where I am now. I tried quiting to the menu and going back into that glitched file but it still stayed, I tried the Map View M shortcut, Edit Town and reseting all sims in case it was a glitchy graphic but I don't know what has happened.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3588 on: October 19, 2011, 03:51:52 PM »
No problem, samo.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #3589 on: October 19, 2011, 07:41:46 PM »
Metro, I tried setting up an Immortal Dynasty household in Appaloosa Plains by subtracting the items you suggested and came up with $4808 in household funds. What works is the 36" Plasimondo TV, the Lexington bed, the Another Era dining table (I think that's the name -- it cost $200) and 2 Wish-you tissues.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3590 on: October 19, 2011, 07:59:28 PM »
Did you have pets in your household?  I came up with $4668 after buying the three initial items.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3591 on: October 19, 2011, 09:20:48 PM »
Yeah, somehow I messed up on the objects. It needs to be the foosball table and a Village No. 7 painting. That puts it real close to $1800. If someone makes pets then they'll have a little more.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3592 on: October 19, 2011, 09:27:14 PM »
Oh, question! Are we allowed to sell pets? Like, way I've got a full house (because I probably will) and am trying to supermax riding. I can only keep two horses at a time, but riding requires the taming of three wild mustangs. Would it be OK to tame a horse, get him up to BF (for the sake of the Horse Friend challenge), and then sell him to make room for a third tamed horse?

I just got a peek at Carl's Dog Guide and it says, "Dogs do not have a value to Sims. They are not sold nor is there a market for studs or even cooperation between Sims in breeding them. "  It might be the same way for horses.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #3593 on: October 19, 2011, 09:31:45 PM »
I just got a peek at Carl's Dog Guide and it says, "Dogs do not have a value to Sims. They are not sold nor is there a market for studs or even cooperation between Sims in breeding them. "  It might be the same way for horses.

I can confirm that it is possible to breed horses and then sell the foals once they age up to the adult stage. You have to ride or lead the desired horse to the stable and sell it. If you don't have two horses to breed, you can send a mare to the stables and get her pregnant, but all you can do is offer a stallion as a stud. You won't get a foal if you only have a male horse.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3594 on: October 20, 2011, 02:32:52 AM »
Metro, my fishing with bait is glitched from the patch. Cathyknits has found that it only occurs in games pre-patch for her. If this was found to be a fix would I be able to move my family to a new file? I'm at a good time to do it with no Best Friends outside of the Household or any Real Estate. There was also a glitch in my Legacy where they coldn't interact and simply evicting and moving back in fixed it, since this is my only game with a fisherman I can't test that.

I'm doing some research into the fishing thing. It only seems to affect pre-existing files - I tried with two existing saves, different families, different towns, and none of them could fish with bait on a spawner (including trying Thomas's thought that maybe you need fresh bait - no luck). I started fresh files with the same households, and they could fish just fine.

Looking for a workaround, cure, or fix: Moving sims to a different lot didn't help. Ye Olde Faithful Clearing Of Ye Caches didn't help. Resetting the sim didn't help. I haven't yet tried drastic measures (e.g. saving the household and lot to the bin, starting a new file, putting them back).

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3595 on: October 20, 2011, 05:15:03 AM »
Metro, my fishing with bait is glitched from the patch.

What is it doing?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3596 on: October 20, 2011, 07:03:50 AM »
Pam, this issue is bait not working anymore after the latest Pets patch. Others have brought it up in challenge threads. I do not know what to say, samo. If unistalling the patch is an option then do it.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3597 on: October 20, 2011, 01:33:19 PM »
What is it doing?

As Metro said. My Fisherman can't fish for Angelfish with an Alley Catfish as bait.

Pam, this issue is bait not working anymore after the latest Pets patch. Others have brought it up in challenge threads. I do not know what to say, samo. If unistalling the patch is an option then do it.

I think that Photography being fixed is more important than the Fishing Bug to me so I'll just try and get my Fisherman to Level 10 quickly to be able to get those fish. He is something like Level 7 or 8 in Fishing. It's more annoyance than anything.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #3598 on: October 20, 2011, 01:47:06 PM »
As Metro said. My Fisherman can't fish for Angelfish with an Alley Catfish as bait.

That's going to be a real problem for some dynasties. I'm lucky I used the food replicator, so this isn't an issue for me until I want a sim to do the Fishing Profession. I think it would be hard to make money when you're fishing for, well, not deathfish.

Offline annieb

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3599 on: October 20, 2011, 02:39:45 PM »
Will pets qualify as one of the six best friends? I'm assuming they would since "anyone/anything can qualify," but I just wanted to check first.

anything