Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2942795 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2010, 04:33:18 PM »
Okay, then I guess we need to be very vigilant against accidental maxing of previously claimed Supermaxed skills by other immortals.

Exactly. Just dive in. You'll figure it out. Pam and I are here to guide you in your journey with your Dynasty, but as I said before, map everything out ahead of time. Just write down on a sheet of paper Founder, Gen 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 and have space for the supermax skill, LTW and career of each. Those are the big 3. If you lock down those three before even starting, you're golden because all of those need to be unique to each immortal. Pam's spreadsheet should be very helpful too.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2010, 06:59:13 PM »
Okay, then I guess we need to be very vigilant against accidental maxing of previously claimed Supermaxed skills by other immortals.

I think there's still some confusion here.  The accidental maxing of a skill that has been claimed as a SuperMax skill is ok as long as it's not also claimed as a SuperMax skill.  Maxing of any and all skills is fine.  You just have to make sure there's no overlap of the SuperMax skills.

Do I have this right, Metro?

EDIT:  I was incorrect in this post.  Any SuperMax skill CANNOT be maxed by anyone else.  Example:  If the founder maxes 4 skills and choses one as a SuperMax skill to qualify for Ambrosia, even those other 3 maxed skills cannot be used as a SuperMax skill for other immortals.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2010, 07:00:06 PM »
First off, I'm going to go looking for Blair Wainwright so my elders can catch the runaround bug. I'm not kidding, it's an awesome bug for elders. You're never even aware of their infirmity.

Thank you, Pam. I think you get what I'm trying to get at. What you're saying is in opposition to what Metro says here:

If Handy has chosen gardening as his requirement skill, then that obviously locks out gardening as a supermax choice for other immortals. If Handy has also maxed handiness, that also prevents handiness from being a supermax choice of other immortals.

and here:

Quote from: Metropolis Man
Moe and whatever her name will be have one child, Shemp. Shemp’s the 2nd generation immortal. Moe will probably have maxed gardening, handiness and fishing, so all 3 skills will be off limits for Shemp’s supermax choice.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2010, 07:18:02 PM »
I think I've got it now. There are two paths in play, not one.

1. Choice of Supermax skill: this must be a skill that no previous Immortal has maxed at all, casually or as supermax.

2. Choice of skills to casually max: this can be any skill not chosen as any Immortal's Supermax skill.

Therefore:  earlier generations should not max too many skills casually, or else that limits the skills available to later generations for Supermaxing.

Is this right?

EDIT: Corrected #2

I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2010, 07:40:15 PM »
I think I've got it now. There are two paths in play, not one.

1. Choice of Supermax skill: this must be a skill that no previous Immortal has maxed at all, casually or as supermax.

2. Choice of skills to casually max: this can be any skill.

Therefore:  earlier generations should not max too many skills casually, or else that limits the skills available to later generations for Supermaxing.

Is this right?

My earlier post was incorrect. 

LlamaMama:  Your path #1 is the correct one.  SuperMax skills for each immortal must NOT be maxed by any other immortal at all.  Say, if your founder maxes 4 skills and choses one for his SuperMax skill, nobody else will be able to use any of those 4 maxed skills as a SuperMax.

My sincere apologies for posting incorrect information.  All these questions got me confused about the rules I helped write!  Thank goodness Metro isn't a silly wherry like me.  ;D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2010, 07:43:45 PM »
But can a subsequent Immortal max it casually? Edit: No.

Is my conclusion correct in the above post?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2010, 07:45:34 PM »
Wait so does the First Immortal have to grow all the ingredients and cook the Ambrosia for all the Immortals as they can't reach Level 10 cooking or gardening/fishing?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2010, 07:47:55 PM »
Wait so does the First Immortal have to grow all the ingredients and cook the Ambrosia for all the Immortals as they can't reach Level 10 cooking or gardening/fishing?

Remember, there are 7 skills that all of your Immortals can maximize (15 - eight), so you need to choose which of the skills will the the SuperMaxes and which will be available to all.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2010, 07:48:18 PM »
Spouses can do those things until they can be handled by one or more Immortals.

Offline Missa

• Townie
« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2010, 07:50:48 PM »
I started with a writer, but I think I'll start over because she can't find any eligible men! I should have focused on getting married as soon as possible but I waited too long and now I can't find anyone :) I just dived in without thinking of the long term. So I think I'll take Metro's advice and plan everyone out before I even start.

Thank you Metro for designing such an interesting challenge! And thank you Pam for the spreadsheet you made, I downloaded it and I think it is going to really help me keep track of everything!

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2010, 07:52:02 PM »
I am being Daft ain't I? So each WannabeImmortal has to max a different skill to the others but they can still max something like cooking and gardening?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2010, 07:56:25 PM »
Decide ahead of time which 8 skills will only be taken to level 10 by one immortal. The other 7 skills can be maxed by any or all of them. Spouses or children can use any skills.

Similarly, I'm assuming that with LTR's, one should decide ahead of time which 24 will be unique.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2010, 08:49:08 PM »
Thank goodness Metro isn't a silly wherry like me.  ;D

I couldn't agree more. Wait...what's a wherry? Sounds like a term that people who eat Grey Poupon would use. Nevertheless, Pam, I'm smart enough to infer from your comment that you were being complimentary.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2010, 09:32:37 PM »
Exactly. Just dive in. You'll figure it out.

...but as I said before, map everything out ahead of time.

LOL, easy for you to say! Just dive in, but map everything out first!  ;D

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2010, 09:43:36 PM »
Okay, I got it backwards—map out your strategy and then dive in!  ;D