Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2978560 times)

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #135 on: August 26, 2010, 06:56:07 AM »
What if Late Night brings some new things fitting for the dynasty challenge - will the rules change then??

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #136 on: August 26, 2010, 06:58:57 AM »
Or it can become a Different Dynasty? A Vampire one!  ;D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #137 on: August 26, 2010, 08:52:29 AM »
What if Late Night brings some new things fitting for the dynasty challenge - will the rules change then??

The core rules won't change—requirements for the museum. More than likely what will happen is additional options will be added for varied gameplay choices.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #138 on: August 26, 2010, 09:55:06 AM »
I know once an female becomes Elder, she's barren. But, can an Elder man impregnate a female of childbearing years? I'm assuming so.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #139 on: August 26, 2010, 09:57:38 AM »
That I know.  A male sim can impregnate until grimmy comes. 
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #140 on: August 26, 2010, 10:05:20 AM »
That I know.  A male sim can impregnate until grimmy comes. 

Good. I think I have a new plan then. I'm going to redo the Man Dynasty and have my Founder marry Agnes again for her 21k that she brings to household funds. She only has about 41 days to live. Her sole purpose will be to only do a portrait, photo (assuming I can find a camera at the consignment store) and ice sculpture of the Founder.

The Founder will work on all skills necessary to make his own Ambrosia. Agnes will never bear an heir. The Founder will remarry and then the new wife will bring in the 2nd generation. Yeah, this is much more relaxed than what I had in mind with my original game. Agnes' age makes things so tight. Plus, there's nothing in the rules stating an immortal cannot remarry.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #141 on: August 26, 2010, 10:21:59 AM »
Ha, nice plan Metro. Still not sure what my plan of attack um, I mean romance is yet lol

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #142 on: August 26, 2010, 10:27:53 AM »
Ha, nice plan Metro.

Thanks. And before anyone accuses me of looking for some kind of loophole or exploit, I'm not. I was just IMing with Salty and telling her all I'm trying to do is slow things down at the beginning. I do not want to approach this like I'm under the gun with a Tournament Challenge. Sure I want to get a nice museum value eventually, but the real goal here for me is to not even worry about an heir for quite a long time—get the Founder all squared away and his museum objects all accomplished. Then, go from there and worry about an heir, etc.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #143 on: August 26, 2010, 10:46:57 AM »
I agree, Metro. Although I haven't worked out the who yet, I do know that I want the when (as in heir) to not be straight away. I'm looking at the dynasty to be a more relaxed game then the regular challenges. I'm not overly concerned about my museum value at the moment. I'll just be content to get to generation 8 - something I've never achieved in 10 years of simming.

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #144 on: August 26, 2010, 10:51:31 AM »
Me neither Norma.  I just found a game that I started way back and it has four generations.  I have never gotten that far, so before I start this one, I want to be sure I have all my ducks in a row, lol.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline TheCub

• Townie
« Reply #145 on: August 26, 2010, 12:26:55 PM »
Good. I think I have a new plan then. I'm going to redo the Man Dynasty and have my Founder marry Agnes again for her 21k that she brings to household funds. She only has about 41 days to live. Her sole purpose will be to only do a portrait, photo (assuming I can find a camera at the consignment store) and ice sculpture of the Founder.

The Founder will work on all skills necessary to make his own Ambrosia. Agnes will never bear an heir. The Founder will remarry and then the new wife will bring in the 2nd generation. Yeah, this is much more relaxed than what I had in mind with my original game. Agnes' age makes things so tight. Plus, there's nothing in the rules stating an immortal cannot remarry.

21K? That's a nice surprise. I wasn't expecting that. I had already decided to have my founder marry Agnes for a different reason. She starts the game with high levels of Painting and Cooking skills so she'll be ready to paint a portrait immediately. She'll start learning the Sculpting skill right away so I can hopefully have an ice sculpture of my founder while he's still a Young Adult.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #146 on: August 26, 2010, 12:32:52 PM »
21K? That's a nice surprise. I wasn't expecting that. I had already decided to have my founder marry Agnes for a different reason. She starts the game with high levels of Painting and Cooking skills so she'll be ready to paint a portrait immediately.

That's incredible news and something I was completely unaware of. I never even checked her skill levels yesterday with my botched first attempt. You just made my day! I have a feeling Agnes will now be a popular target for a Founder's spouse. It's still too bad she won't be around long to do very much, but if someone opts to not even have her bring in the 2nd generation (like me), then she has more time to focus on quality museum pieces for the Founder.

Offline Pielord

• Townie
« Reply #147 on: August 26, 2010, 12:40:12 PM »
If I were to attempt this challenge and for some or other reason my, lets say, 2nd generation heir does't finish his wish or something before Grim comes. Will I then have to post my current value in museum wares and thats it, end of the challenge?
I am Nobody. And Nobody is Perfect. Therefore, I am Perfect. :)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #148 on: August 26, 2010, 12:49:36 PM »
If I were to attempt this challenge and for some or other reason my, lets say, 2nd generation heir does't finish his wish or something before Grim comes. Will I then have to post my current value in museum wares and thats it, end of the challenge?

Well, if you end up not finishing you don't have to post anything if you don't want to—the Dynasty Hall of Fame will be reserved for players that accomplish all 8 generations anyway. But, to directly answer your question...yes, if any heir does not meet a qualification to eat Ambrosia, then your heir could not eat Ambrosia and you'd be done. So, you'd scrap that attempt and give it another shot if you were up to it.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #149 on: August 26, 2010, 01:18:52 PM »
How many times can we do this challenge??

Let's say I finishes this before Christmas this year can I do it again for next year??

anything