Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2977314 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #300 on: August 28, 2010, 09:08:09 PM »
Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I want to do a Martial Arts immortal and follow it up the next generation with an Inventor with the Monster Maker LTW. How perfect would that be? Board breaking would easily net the pink diamonds for the SimBot. And the Inventor needs Tiberium too, right? I've never made a SimBot, but can those also be obtained from Board Breaking? There will be plenty of Life Fruit around, so that's not even an issue.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #301 on: August 28, 2010, 09:13:20 PM »
Well, it appears I have encountered my first bug or glitch in this Challenge.  Generation 2 just became a teenager and I gave her the Savvy Sculptor trait, or at least I thought I did.  When I shut down the game just now, that trait wasn't there.  Her profile shows her as having only the 3 traits she had as a child.  Is there something I can do about this (something legal in this Challenge, obviously)?

Tiberium from board breaking?  Sure, I've had every variety of gem from board breaking.  It can take time, though.  But  why would an inventor need tiberium?  Are you thinking of palladium, which is a metal and unfortunately can't be gotten from the board breaker?

ps, I am repeating my question about the missing trait in case it was missed.  Is there something I can do about it?

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #302 on: August 28, 2010, 09:18:13 PM »
Tiberium from board breaking?  Sure, I've had every variety of gem from board breaking.  It can take time, though.  But what why would an inventor need tiberium?  Are you thinking of palladium, which is a metal and unfortunately can't be gotten from the board breaker?

Yes, I was thinking of palladium.

ps, I am repeating my question about the missing trait in case it was missed.  Is there something I can do about it?

testingcheatsenabled true
Then make the affected Sim active and add the missing trait that way (Modify Active Sim's Traits).
I don't know how else you can get it without a cheat. But, I have no problems with you doing that since it was a glitch.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #303 on: August 28, 2010, 09:22:46 PM »
Thank you.  I was just reading the Baby Boomer Challenge, where Pam explained how to deal with this problem, which apparently is quite common.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Tikki

« Reply #304 on: August 28, 2010, 09:46:28 PM »
Has there ever been one to complete this challenge yet :P?

I sign myself up. Gonna be fun :3

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #305 on: August 28, 2010, 09:50:59 PM »
Has there ever been one to complete this challenge yet :P?

Oh, heavens no. Not yet. Look at the date I posted the rule set — August 23.  :D To my knowledge, no one has brought in Gen 3 yet.

Tikki

« Reply #306 on: August 28, 2010, 09:55:07 PM »
Oh did't notice :3 Just tough it was ca. 2-3 months old on the count of posts

*points on the number of pages*  :-\

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #307 on: August 28, 2010, 10:15:35 PM »
Oh did't notice :3 Just tough it was ca. 2-3 months old on the count of posts

*points on the number of pages*  :-\

Yeah, no kidding. Pam and I would have never even fathomed this would be a 30+ page thread after being up for a week. It's crazy. But, I couldn't be happier that so many have supported this new concept for a challenge.

Offline Storyteller

• Llama Wrangler
  • Life is a story. How you tell it matters.
« Reply #308 on: August 28, 2010, 11:13:10 PM »
I am ecstatic because finally, Adrian Immortal has achieved immortality! *breathes a sigh of relief*  I know someone said that cooking was the worst skill to try to supermax.  I beg to differ.  Logic is my choice.  The only thing I can think of that would be harder would be Charisma.  Not to mention that six best friend rule...I had three best friends die on me, so I had to go get three more.  But Adrian managed to get everything done at the ripe old age of 87, after taking five days off of work.

Generation 3 has just been born.  Little Carolyn Immortal has been born to proud parents Brandon and Faye.  Ayesha (born Ansari) can't leave the child alone.  You would think she had the family-oriented trait.  She wants four more grandchildren...but she'll be dead in a week.

Now, if only I can teach my Brandon painting and his wife cooking...I'm not worried about fishing.  We have plenty of life fruit and I'm going to let Ayesha catch deathfish until she croaks.  She already has five in her inventory.

Time for a break.  Anyone else have an Immortal yet?

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #309 on: August 28, 2010, 11:21:58 PM »
Time for a break.  Anyone else have an Immortal yet?

Well done, Storyteller!  I am nowhere near Gen 3 - Gen 2 just aged up to Teenager - but Gen 1 will be eating ambrosia in a few days.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #310 on: August 28, 2010, 11:28:06 PM »
Is there a way to lock a door to other Sims in the household? I don't know if this would work but couldn't you keep the skill objects that you plan on maxing in a room with a locked door and only certain Sims could access it. I don't know if that is possible but it is an idea otherwise when you leave the lot although it would be a pain but you could take away the skill objects and put them in the family inventory so that you don't have to worry about them maxing it while you are away or at least you could do that to the ones they are dangerously close to maxing but can't max! Again just ideas I have started my Dynasty yet so I don't have any idea what I will do but thought that might work.

Yes.  Click any door and you get the options to lock it against everyone, against everyone but your one Sim, or against everyone but your household.  That's a great idea, momofmany.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #311 on: August 29, 2010, 12:17:55 AM »
Thanks for that tip, Pam. Very helpful. I don't think I have ever locked a single door in a year of playing the game!  :D

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #312 on: August 29, 2010, 12:59:01 AM »
I find that it's impossible to portion out easels among painters. They start one painting, start another - instead of each using one easel. My solution recently has been to keep them in locked rooms for personal use. It works out well.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Kilwala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #313 on: August 29, 2010, 01:03:35 AM »
Sorry if this has been answered, but, is an Immortal allowed to retire if he or she has maxed his career?

Also, I did end up starting a thread for my dynasty: http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/index.php/topic,1846.msg34260.html.  I'm really excited about what just happened in game, too: I just found a Hikon QX40di Gladiator for $2,539 and it's only day 3 in my game :D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #314 on: August 29, 2010, 01:54:21 AM »
Sorry if this has been answered, but, is an Immortal allowed to retire if he or she has maxed his career?

The game doesn't allow retirement until your Sim reaches Elderly status.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

anything