Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2976582 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #240 on: August 27, 2010, 11:34:59 PM »
Everytime Metro says he is taking it slow and easy I wonder if we are in the same challenge.  This is a stressful challenge to me. 

There's a mountain of work to be done I'll give you that! Wow. I can't believe what Recipe Man still needs to get done before eating his first Ambrosia. But, one thing I just did fulfill is the Property and Building ownership. I just went with the cheapest two — Hogan's Deep Fried Diner and Stoney Falls. The Diner was simple enough and was done with one click. But, that property — holy cow! I must have gone through 50k to push that all the way to fully upgraded. I just kept dumping sculptures on the lot, so it looks completely ridiculous, but it got the job done.

I'm pretty familiar with the kinds of returns the buildings bring in with full ownership, so I'm curious as to the property investments.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #241 on: August 27, 2010, 11:40:11 PM »
There's a mountain of work to be done I'll give you that! Wow. I can't believe what Recipe Man still needs to get done before eating his first Ambrosia. But, one thing I just did fulfill is the Property and Building ownership. I just went with the cheapest two — Hogan's Deep Fried Diner and Stoney Falls. The Diner was simple enough and was done with one click. But, that property — holy cow! I must have gone through 50k to push that all the way to fully upgraded. I just kept dumping sculptures on the lot, so it looks completely ridiculous, but it got the job done.

I'm pretty familiar with the kinds of returns the buildings bring in with full ownership, so I'm curious as to the property investments.

Great minds are thinking alike.  Those are the same two I bought.  And I agree, that junk completely spoils the natural look of the Falls.   Completely upgraded, it is paying somewhere between 3500 and 4000 for my sims - can't remember the exact figure.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #242 on: August 27, 2010, 11:42:43 PM »
Oh, wow. Not too shabby at all. That will pay for itself in no time. Sweet.

------

EDIT: Before I run off to watch the finale of Pillars of the Earth on Showtime I almost forgot — guess what happened to be at the consignment store for Recipe? The Hikon Gladiator camera. Oh, that was awesome to find. Nearly 4 weeks of daily checking and it finally popped up. I'm currently having Agnes finish up the Master Sculptor Challenge so hopefully Recipe's Adult ice sculpture will be worth a little more. But, after she finishes that I'll get her right on top of learning photography. This really is a mad dash! I can't even fathom what some Dynasty players are going through with juggling heirs' needs too. Agnes presents a unique dilemma though with her shorter lifespan.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #243 on: August 27, 2010, 11:58:30 PM »
Yeah I've just got the properties out of the way. I went for the Hogan's too because it was cheap, but then I picked Summer Hill Springs (the park across the road) I figured that part of the upgrade could include fencing off an area for a private cemetery.

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Missa

• Townie
« Reply #244 on: August 28, 2010, 12:08:56 AM »
I'm on attempt 2 and my wife just got to level 7 on painting the day of my founders birthday and as she's painting his portrait I realize that the heir is a child and never had a toddler portrait! So on to attempt #3!!!

And I think it was momofmany who asked about downloading the spreadsheet without excel. I know Pam mentioned openoffice, that's what I have on my laptop. It's free and there is a spreadsheet program. Just google openoffice. I found the spreadsheet really helpful Pam! I'll download the new one after I get the kids to bed :)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #245 on: August 28, 2010, 12:58:47 AM »
If a child gets an opportunity at school, can that be counted as one of the six BlackOps?

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #246 on: August 28, 2010, 01:47:56 AM »
I enjoy reading your strategies too, Pam. Lots of good tips here.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #247 on: August 28, 2010, 07:22:33 AM »
Its so interresting to see how you all are doing.
Im slowly planning a strategy just waiting on me finishing a couple of other stories and maybe late night before i start this myself.
But i have a question - is it okay to place a lot with ambitious besides you homelot and buy it via the computer and place the museum on that??

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #248 on: August 28, 2010, 08:20:51 AM »
Metro-

In number 4 of the rules it says that "each generation needs to use a computer to purchase one building and one property (2 separate ownerships).  The property purchased by one generation must be fully upgraded before ambrosia can be eaten."

I'm taking this to mean that you only have to fully upgrade a property once in the whole challenge.  Please let me know if I'm correct in this thinking.

Thanks,
Becky

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #249 on: August 28, 2010, 08:40:10 AM »
is it okay to place a lot with ambitious besides you homelot and buy it via the computer and place the museum on that??

That would require use of the Edit Town screen, Lena, and that is off limits.

Metro-

In number 4 of the rules it says that "each generation needs to use a computer to purchase one building and one property (2 separate ownerships).  The property purchased by one generation must be fully upgraded before ambrosia can be eaten."

I'm taking this to mean that you only have to fully upgrade a property once in the whole challenge.  Please let me know if I'm correct in this thinking.

No, it's EACH generation. Each generation needs to fully upgrade their purchased property before they can eat Ambrosia. I'll edit that because I can see how you interpreted it that way. Thanks for pointing it out.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
« Reply #250 on: August 28, 2010, 08:52:38 AM »
Ok.  Ouch, now I'm REALLY starting to think that White Chocolate might not be successful.  We might have to pass the reigns off to someone else!

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #251 on: August 28, 2010, 09:03:35 AM »
Why simfulicious, it should get easier each generation as money becomes more available. Each property from previous generations will be adding funds to the family, so the two purchases for each immortal shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Norma
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
« Reply #252 on: August 28, 2010, 09:19:18 AM »
Oh, I'm not worried about the future generations, just the first one.  I'm going to keep going, but I'm thinking of starting another one in a different hood.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #253 on: August 28, 2010, 09:21:02 AM »
Oh, I'm not worried about the future generations, just the first one.  I'm going to keep going, but I'm thinking of starting another one in a different hood.

That sounds kind of fun — have two different Dynasties going on at the same time in different neighborhoods.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #254 on: August 28, 2010, 09:23:18 AM »

Oh, I read it as you were just going to quit.

@Metro - 2 dynasties going at once... not for this little black duck!

Norma