Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2976753 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #375 on: August 30, 2010, 06:08:50 PM »
Luckily they both survived...but Chizue's elder spouse Billy (non-immortal) had become a pile of ashes without my noticing!  That's okay under the rules, right?  (Though I really was sad for poor Billy.)

Yes, accidental deaths for spouses, means you just carry on. An accidental death for an immortal = game over (assuming it happens before earning the right to carry a death flower).

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #376 on: August 30, 2010, 09:10:22 PM »
My Founder who is in the Culinary Career has already completed an opportunity called Learn a Recipe in which he learned Ratatouille.  Just recently he got another opportunity called Learn a Recipe in which he can learn Fish & Chips.  Do these count as 1 opportunity because they have the same name, or can I count them as 2?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #377 on: August 30, 2010, 09:16:16 PM »
@Aria, I think it's okay to count them as 2 opportunities even though they have the same name. The important thing is if these are going to be BlackOps then no one else can claim them.

Offline athena

• Occult
« Reply #378 on: August 31, 2010, 09:19:04 AM »
Hi! Does one have to fulfill ALL the seven challenges BEFORE having the right to eat ambrosia & deathflower in the inventory? Or fulfill these tasks one at a time, earning ambrosia etc along the way to keep them immortal? Pls clarify... :)

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #379 on: August 31, 2010, 09:29:02 AM »
Hi! Does one have to fulfill ALL the seven challenges BEFORE having the right to eat ambrosia & deathflower in the inventory? Or fulfill these tasks one at a time, earning ambrosia etc along the way to keep them immortal? Pls clarify... :)

Hi athena, welcome to the forum. There are 8 separate requirements for an immortal to eat Ambrosia for the first time. All 8 must be done.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #380 on: August 31, 2010, 10:30:17 PM »
I saw Pams post on twins and thought that was pretty neat, how they are rare when you don't have the fertility treatment and don't watch kids channel or listen to kids radio.  I guess it is not that rare.  Agnes just had twin girls in my dynasty.  I about fell off my chair.  So now, you have to choose who is going to be the immortal one?  That is going to be hard to do.  I just updated my story on the twins, so this is not going to be easy.

Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #381 on: August 31, 2010, 10:56:59 PM »
Agnes just had twin girls in my dynasty.  I about fell off my chair.  So now, you have to choose who is going to be the immortal one?  That is going to be hard to do.  I just updated my story on the twins, so this is not going to be easy.

Your targeted immortal is the first of the twins that you needed to name—the firstborn.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #382 on: September 01, 2010, 12:03:43 AM »
Several dynasties have had twins.  If that happens in Gen 7, do we have permission to move out the extra child as soon as s/he reaches Young Adult?  If not, there will be no room for Gen 8.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #383 on: September 01, 2010, 12:49:09 AM »
Several dynasties have had twins.  If that happens in Gen 7, do we have permission to move out the extra child as soon as s/he reaches Young Adult?  If not, there will be no room for Gen 8.

Another option would be to allow the 7th generation female targeted immortal to eat Ambrosia as an adult and let her twin eventually pass on so the immortal could then get pregnant with #8. I don't know. I don't like either option to be honest because they're huge concessions to the rules.

Maybe the simplest thing would be to allow a restart from a previous save to try again for a single delivery. That's probably the option I have the fewest problems with.

@Pam, what's your opinion?

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #384 on: September 01, 2010, 01:39:15 AM »
I honestly never understood why have the 7th generation immaculate conception rigamarole in the first place.

...do we have permission to move out the extra child as soon as s/he reaches Young Adult?  If not, there will be no room for Gen 8.

Why no room for Gen 8?  There's obviously some element here that I'm missing. 7th spouse, twin kid...why not wait for them to die like all the other generations did?

I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #385 on: September 01, 2010, 01:53:06 AM »
I think getting twins born to generation 6 would be rather uncommon. The spouse of gen 6 would have to die after the conception but before the birth to allow 2 babies into the household because 6 generations of immortals and future immortal plus spouse of future immortal is 7 family members already with just room for 1 more.

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #386 on: September 01, 2010, 02:24:54 AM »
I think getting twins born to generation 6 would be rather uncommon. The spouse of gen 6 would have to die after the conception but before the birth to allow 2 babies into the household because 6 generations of immortals and future immortal plus spouse of future immortal is 7 family members already with just room for 1 more.

Norma

I see that the ultimate goal is to have 8 immortals under one roof, but I don't see anything saying that no more than 8 family members can live in the house. Is that what I'm missing?
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #387 on: September 01, 2010, 02:42:08 AM »
@Pam, what's your opinion?

I agree with Twinmum that 7th generation twins would be very unlikely.  If everyone has died except the first 5 immortals, then you've got the generation 6 targeted immortal and his/her spouse in the house.  That's taking up 7 of the 8 slots and the baby will be a singleton.  Only if the spouse dies before the baby is born is there even a chance for twins.  I say let the rules stand and if that freak situation actually happens, it's the end of the Dynasty.  So be sure the father of the 7th generation isn't Elderly and near death, and make sure he has no accidents.

@LlamaMama:  I think the part you're missing is that the household will only hold 8 Sims.  It's not an immaculate conception at all.  It's just the 7th generation female getting pregnant without moving the father in because otherwise there would be no pregnancy possible.  The game won't allow pregnancy if there are 8 Sims already in a house. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #388 on: September 01, 2010, 02:46:03 AM »
Can you please quote the rule that says the house only has room for 8 sims? Sorry to be a pain, but I just don't see that.

Edit: Oh! I never knew that there was a game limitation of only 8 sims to a household! Is that per lot, even if there are separate dwellings on the same lot?

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #389 on: September 01, 2010, 02:53:51 AM »
Yes, the limit of 8 applies to each lot, regardless of how many houses you may have built on that lot.

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

anything