Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2942961 times)

Offline Pielord

• Townie
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #195 on: August 27, 2010, 12:28:56 PM »
For Pielord's specific question he could have all immortals max Logic and Charisma provided those two skills were not chosen as a SuperMax choice by anyone. The SuperMax skill cannot be maxed by another immortal.

Oh thanks! Thats awesome! Much more strategy involved now with job selection etc involving skills. Thanks for clearing that up Mr Metro Sir :)
I am Nobody. And Nobody is Perfect. Therefore, I am Perfect. :)

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #196 on: August 27, 2010, 12:45:23 PM »
Silly question about the spreadsheet. If we only need to chart the immortals then why do we have 8 generation pages wouldn't it be easier to have all immortal's info on the same page or am I just confused? By the way I love the spreadsheet Pam but curious what it could be opened in as I am a Window's user but don't have Excel or any of those. Is there anything I might be able to open it in or another way I could use it?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline templesmom

• Townie
  • Happy Simming!
« Reply #197 on: August 27, 2010, 12:49:21 PM »
Does the spouse and heir count towards the best friends goal, as long as it only counts for one immortal?

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #198 on: August 27, 2010, 12:57:35 PM »
Good question templesmom.  I shall await Metro's ruling on this with baited breath.

Offline Pielord

• Townie
« Reply #199 on: August 27, 2010, 01:20:26 PM »
What if I make two generations of immortals join the Law Enforcement branch but they each take different paths like super spy and DNA profiler?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #200 on: August 27, 2010, 01:25:11 PM »
Does the spouse and heir count towards the best friends goal, as long as it only counts for one immortal?

Yes, that's fine.

What if I make two generations of immortals join the Law Enforcement branch but they each take different paths like super spy and DNA profiler?

Super Spy and DNA Profiler would still be 2 different careers, so you'd be fine with that.

Offline Pielord

• Townie
« Reply #201 on: August 27, 2010, 02:41:19 PM »
I'm going to try a little of everything including different types of lifetime wishes and careers to make my game more interesting (except professions...I don't think I could survive a household with a Ghost Catcher, Fireman, Stylist, Architect and Investigator all under one roof  :o )

(Haven't chosen which generation is what yet)

Maxed Skills:          Career:                               Lifetime Wish:

1. Cooking                   Culinary                               Learn Every Recipe
    Painting                                            
    Sculpting                                            
    Photography
    Charisma                          
    Athletics
    Handiness
    Logic                                                                                      
2. Guitar                      Symphonic Music                 Become Hit Composer
    Charisma                          
    Athletics
    Handiness
    Logic    
3. Inventing                  Military                              Max Handiness and Logic
    Charisma                            
    Athletics
    Handiness
    Logic    
4. Martial Arts               Professional Sports              Max Athletics and Logic
    Charisma                          
    Athletics
    Handiness
    Logic    
5. Writing                     Journalism                          Become News Reporter
    Charisma                          
    Athletics
    Handiness
    Logic    
6. Nectar Making            Teacher                            See Ghost of Rich Dead Spouse
    Charisma                          
    Athletics
    Handiness
    Logic    
7. Gardening                 Self-Employed                     Perfect Garden
    Charisma                            
    Athletics
    Handiness
    Logic    
8. Fishing                     Self-Employed                     Perfect Aquarium
    Charisma                          
    Athletics
    Handiness
    Logic    

I decided that they should all finish that athletic challenge to extend their lives and stay fit, they all need logic to teach the children and their skills to spouses, handiness because it's handy :) and finally charisma because it helps with the best friends requirement to eat Ambrosia. I gave my founder all the museum scoring skills to just get them out of the way for the duration of the generations without needing spouses to learn it over and over again (inspired by Metro  :D ).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #202 on: August 27, 2010, 03:19:24 PM »
I was thinking about the Opportunities requirement of the Challenge while out walking the dogs just now, and it occurred to me that I need to write down every single Opportunity any of my Immortals takes on.  Probably others had already realized this, but I am discovering as I go along how important good record-keeping is going to be, and it is not one of my strengths.  Unfortunately I can't use the spreadsheet Pam designed, so I am making up my own note-keeping system as I go.  I also realized that, although I have been worried about my fisher-founder not getting opportunities, it's probably best if the early Immortals don't do a lot of opportunities beyond the required six.  There is such a lot to keep track of! 

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #203 on: August 27, 2010, 03:20:37 PM »
I'm still confused about this one thing. Sorry, Metro.

Here's my example: Everyone's got an assigned SuperMax skill. Among the remaining 7 skills is painting. The immortals already have their unique SuperMax skills in place, obviously. Is it okay if one or more immortals max painting plus do all the challenges?
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #204 on: August 27, 2010, 03:34:30 PM »
I was thinking about the Opportunities requirement of the Challenge while out walking the dogs just now, and it occurred to me that I need to write down every single Opportunity any of my Immortals takes on.  Probably others had already realized this, but I am discovering as I go along how important good record-keeping is going to be, and it is not one of my strengths.  Unfortunately I can't use the spreadsheet Pam designed, so I am making up my own note-keeping system as I go.  I also realized that, although I have been worried about my fisher-founder not getting opportunities, it's probably best if the early Immortals don't do a lot of opportunities beyond the required six.  There is such a lot to keep track of!  

Sims that aren't self-employed should be getting career opportunities that aren't gotten by other sims.  Those could be most of the six.  If a skill is being supermaxed and you save the skill opportunities for the person supermaxing the skill, that could be the remainder.  Self-employed might be trickier if you don't get enough based on the one skill alone.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #205 on: August 27, 2010, 03:46:55 PM »
I'm still confused about this one thing. Sorry, Metro.

Here's my example: Everyone's got an assigned SuperMax skill. Among the remaining 7 skills is painting. The immortals already have their unique SuperMax skills in place, obviously. Is it okay if one or more immortals max painting plus do all the challenges?

Yes, since you don't have any of your 8 immortals targeting painting as their SuperMax skill, then you're free to have painting maxed w/ completed challenges by multiple immortals.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #206 on: August 27, 2010, 03:48:55 PM »
Sims that aren't self-employed should be getting career opportunities that aren't gotten by other sims.  Those could be most of the six.  If a skill is being supermaxed and you save the skill opportunities for the person supermaxing the skill, that could be the remainder.  Self-employed might be trickier if you don't get enough based on the one skill alone.

Exactly.  My fisherman kept getting opportunities to bring in frogs, which is not very useful when we can't travel.  After that one came up 3 times in a row and no sign of any other opportunities, I started letting him take on charisma & handiness opportunities.  Handiness is no problem, as it isn't going to be a SuperMax skill.  Whoever does charisma as their SuperMax - if someone does, that's some distance in the future - will just have to avoid those two opportunities.  But I plan to have my founder and probably all the Immortals stop doing opportunities after they've got their 6 to make sure there are lots left for the next generations.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #207 on: August 27, 2010, 04:06:27 PM »
I think that starting in Twinbrook might be a good approach, since it has two junkyards for salvaging, which can yield big money early on.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Pielord

• Townie
« Reply #208 on: August 27, 2010, 04:27:38 PM »
Is my set-up ok? Are there any rules I've broken with skills and stuff?

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #209 on: August 27, 2010, 04:48:22 PM »
I have a question about the opportunities. Can new generation immortals do opportunities that past immortals have done and just not count them as the 6 to get to the Ambrosia?