Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2976506 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #210 on: August 27, 2010, 05:08:28 PM »
Is my set-up ok? Are there any rules I've broken with skills and stuff?

Nope. All of your italicized SuperMax skills are different + you don't have any SuperMaxed skills that are also maxed skills of other immortals. So, you're good.

I have a question about the opportunities. Can new generation immortals do opportunities that past immortals have done and just not count them as the 6 to get to the Ambrosia?

Yes.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #211 on: August 27, 2010, 05:19:38 PM »
The rules say "•7. Complete 6 Opportunities no other immortal has completed. These can be Career, Skill, or Special Opportunities."  If another immortal does those opportunities, wouldn't that invalidate the earlier immortal's achievement?  Their opportunities would no longer be unique to them.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #212 on: August 27, 2010, 05:25:48 PM »
I think this would be to much to add on top of a Legacy so I will wait and plan... *Evil Laugh*
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #213 on: August 27, 2010, 06:02:17 PM »
I think this would be to much to add on top of a Legacy so I will wait and plan... *Evil Laugh*

Yeah, you'll be able to learn from all the mistakes made by the rest of us!  (speaking for myself, I expect to make lots)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #214 on: August 27, 2010, 06:14:03 PM »
The rules say "•7. Complete 6 Opportunities no other immortal has completed. These can be Career, Skill, or Special Opportunities."  If another immortal does those opportunities, wouldn't that invalidate the earlier immortal's achievement?  Their opportunities would no longer be unique to them.

Well, true. All immortals have to have completed 6 unique opportunities. That's why record keeping like you mentioned earlier is soooo important.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #215 on: August 27, 2010, 06:16:32 PM »
Well, true. All immortals have to have completed 6 unique opportunities. That's why record keeping like you mentioned earlier is soooo important.

So when you told Momofmany that it was ok for later immortals to do those opportunities (posts 218 and 219), were you right?  I'm confused.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #216 on: August 27, 2010, 06:22:31 PM »
So when you told Momofmany that it was ok for later immortals to do those opportunities (posts 218 and 219), were you right?  I'm confused.

I was right, but let me explain. Later immortals can do past completed opportunities only if the repeated opportunities were not any of the 6 unique ones. It's kind of the same logic as "can an immortal max a skill that's been previously maxed?" Yes, but not if the maxed skill was claimed as a SuperMax skill.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #217 on: August 27, 2010, 06:46:37 PM »
I was right, but let me explain. Later immortals can do past completed opportunities only if the repeated opportunities were not any of the 6 unique ones. It's kind of the same logic as "can an immortal max a skill that's been previously maxed?" Yes, but not if the maxed skill was claimed as a SuperMax skill.

Ah, ok, now I understand.  Thank you for clarifying.  The 6 opportunities used to qualify for Immortal status cannot be repeated.  It might help if there was a term for them - we have SuperMax skills, what term can we use for those 6 opportunities?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #218 on: August 27, 2010, 06:48:48 PM »
Ah, ok, now I understand.  Thank you for clarifying.  The 6 opportunities used to qualify for Immortal status cannot be repeated.  It might help if there was a term for them - we have SuperMax skills, what term can we use for those 6 opportunities?

BlackOps.  :D

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #219 on: August 27, 2010, 06:54:43 PM »
This question is very premature in that it pertains to the end of the Challenge, and I am VERY far from being there (and in no hurry either).  But I was wondering, at the end how do you determine the value of your museum/gallery?  Is there any way other than by looking at each photo, portrait and sculpture?  After 8 generations and 6 life stages, there is going to be a lot of stuff down in the basement.  Just wondering.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #220 on: August 27, 2010, 06:57:45 PM »
This question is very premature in that it pertains to the end of the Challenge, and I am VERY far from being there (and in no hurry either).  But I was wondering, at the end how do you determine the value of your museum/gallery?  Is there any way other than by looking at each photo, portrait and sculpture?  After 8 generations and 6 life stages, there is going to be a lot of stuff down in the basement.  Just wondering.

There will be a ton of items for sure. The only way is to go into Buy mode and put the hand tool on every single item as if you were going to sell. Kind of a pain, I know, but thankfully, it's a one-time affair.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #221 on: August 27, 2010, 07:09:03 PM »
There will be a ton of items for sure. The only way is to go into Buy mode and put the hand tool on every single item as if you were going to sell. Kind of a pain, I know, but thankfully, it's a one-time affair.

I think that is going to be the hardest part of the whole Challenge.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #222 on: August 27, 2010, 07:28:56 PM »
Well, it will certainly be time-consuming, but can you imagine the value of some objects after accruing for so long? Those 2 Masterpieces I took a screenshot of today. Wow. What are those going to be worth after 7 more generations? So, time-consuming, yes, but exciting nonetheless and a nice way to bring closure to a huge amount of work for all of us.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #223 on: August 27, 2010, 07:40:29 PM »
Do ice sculptures retain their value once melted? Looking for a loophole here.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #224 on: August 27, 2010, 07:43:12 PM »
Do ice sculptures retain their value once melted? Looking for a loophole here.

No.  Which is why we have to complete the Ice sculpture skill challenge (not sure of the exact name) before we even think about storing them.