Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2977422 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #330 on: August 29, 2010, 01:55:39 PM »
Does each generation need a spouse or is being impregnated enough and does the spouse count as a best friend (assuming you were best friends before you got married)

I asked this question way back and Metro's answer was that they had to be married (except for Gen 7) and that it had to do with family values being promoted or something like that. 

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Zylphe

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #331 on: August 29, 2010, 01:58:56 PM »
Thank you!

Then I must throw out this information, because I don't think I've seen it mentioned: if you're playing in Twinbrook, Sofia Carlton as your founder's spouse makes life much easier.  She's a Snob, so compliments work well on her and she can be married by dinnertime (or at least that was the case with my Schmoozer founder).  She moves in with about 20,000 Simeleons and has an expensive car in her inventory.  Sell that and you've completed her LTW.  Then, use the Mid-life Crisis and you can mold her as you see fit.  She's about halfway through young adulthood, if I remember correctly.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #332 on: August 29, 2010, 02:06:21 PM »
Finally found the earlier posts about whether or not the parents need to be married.  It was in the other thread, over in the section for announcements and stuff.  Here is my question and Metro's response:
 My Question:
Quote from: Schipperke on August 22, 2010, 06:18:03 PM
"•All offspring must result from natural pregnancies of Sims living in the Dynasty house."

Does this mean that both parents must be living in the Dynasty house (other than the last generation, of course)?  What if one of my female immortals has a pregnancy with someone not living in the house?  Is that ok?

Metro's Response:
That's okay for the last generation, but aside from that, we're stressing cohesive family structure here—two parents living under one roof.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #333 on: August 29, 2010, 02:20:21 PM »

Does this mean that both parents must be living in the Dynasty house (other than the last generation, of course)?  What if one of my female immortals has a pregnancy with someone not living in the house?  Is that ok?

Metro's Response:
That's okay for the last generation, but aside from that, we're stressing cohesive family structure here—two parents living under one roof.

Heh. It's getting to the point where I can't even remember my own clarifications. I'll edit the rule set.

------

EDIT: Okay, I just added the following to the "Adding to the Household" section:

• Your first 6 immortals can be male or female and their spouses must live in the Dynasty house until their death.

Offline Storyteller

• Llama Wrangler
  • Life is a story. How you tell it matters.
« Reply #334 on: August 29, 2010, 02:34:24 PM »
Metro, did you see my friends question?

I have a friends question:  When my founder ate ambrosia, he was best friends with six different sims, as per the rules.  Since then, two of his best friends have died and one is about to (you know, the "so and so won't live forever...").    Does my sim need to get another set of best friends in order to eat ambrosia again?  Or is he "set for life"?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #335 on: August 29, 2010, 03:13:19 PM »
Metro, did you see my friends question?

Sorry, that came up before so I think I accidentally glanced over that. The answer: there is no friendship requirement after an immortal eats Ambrosia for the first time.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #336 on: August 29, 2010, 03:15:39 PM »
Ok, I can't take it any more!  I'm in.

Whew!  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #337 on: August 29, 2010, 03:45:44 PM »
 :D :D :D :D  I knew you wouldn't be able to stay away, Aria!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #338 on: August 29, 2010, 04:29:33 PM »
Ha ha. Good luck, Aria. You'll do well since you're use to multi-generational challenges.

Offline Pielord

• Townie
« Reply #339 on: August 29, 2010, 04:51:58 PM »
Um I wasn't in time to get a picture and sculpture of my founder as an adult, does that mean I have to start over?

And what counts towards the museum? I mean like only ONE sculpture, picture and portrait or as many as possible? And can you only count one camera picture or can there be a sepia, black and white, normal...etc? Can you let them appreciate for a reallly long time and then add them? Or is that cheating?
I am Nobody. And Nobody is Perfect. Therefore, I am Perfect. :)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #340 on: August 29, 2010, 05:03:44 PM »
Um I wasn't in time to get a picture and sculpture of my founder as an adult, does that mean I have to start over?

No. Ice sculptures and photos are optional. If you had missed the painting you would have been done.

And what counts towards the museum? I mean like only ONE sculpture, picture and portrait or as many as possible?
One of each for each of the life stages listed in the rule set.

And can you only count one camera picture or can there be a sepia, black and white, normal...etc?
One picture per life stage. The filter type is your choice.

Can you let them appreciate for a reallly long time and then add them? Or is that cheating?
Wouldn't objects appreciate whether they were on your lot or if your museum was set up on a different lot? Objects that are made for a given life stage should obviously be placed in that life stage, or shortly after in the instance where an object was being made as an immortal was aging up.

Tikki

« Reply #341 on: August 29, 2010, 05:40:04 PM »
Well I need to start over. ;p

Missed a picture. I've got a question; when you can't do self portraits, can you do style pics?

Offline Pielord

• Townie
« Reply #342 on: August 29, 2010, 05:45:47 PM »
Interesting question. Waiting to see Metro's answer to that one.

By The Way:
You'd best check your typing before Pam gets to you ;). Forum rules- http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/index.php/topic,74.0.html.
I am Nobody. And Nobody is Perfect. Therefore, I am Perfect. :)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #343 on: August 29, 2010, 06:15:13 PM »
Well i need to start over ;p

Missed a picture. I Got a question; when u can't dó self portraits Can u dó style Pics?

You're only option is for another Sim to do "Paint a Portrait of..."

Please type out full words and do not use texting abbreviations. Thanks.

Tikki

« Reply #344 on: August 29, 2010, 06:18:38 PM »
Oh sorry, on my iPhone, so it was faster. ^^

anything