Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2979903 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #255 on: August 28, 2010, 09:27:28 AM »
@Metro - 2 dynasties going at once... not for this little black duck!

Ha ha. It would be too much work for me as well, Norma.

I know several of you Dynasty players have brought in the 2nd generation. I'm curious now who is the farthest along. I know that no one has brought in gen 3 yet.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #256 on: August 28, 2010, 09:39:16 AM »
I'm curious now who is the farthest along.

Not me, I haven't got to the second generation yet. Maybe tomorrow, or even tonight, if the kid gets off the good computer lol.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #257 on: August 28, 2010, 09:47:44 AM »
Cherry Garcia is a couple days away from becoming a teenager.  I don't want to tell too much more, because I haven't written about it yet (still need more pics).

Another question:  If I decide to start another dynasty, and choose Twinbrook, can I use FamilyFunds to bring my starting cash down to where it's supposed to be?  I don't like the idea of having stuff in family inventory that I can't touch, especially since I'm thinking of having a klepto, and I might accidentally sell something I'm not supposed to.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #258 on: August 28, 2010, 11:29:12 AM »
If a child gets an opportunity at school, can that be counted as one of the six BlackOps?

This question from yesterday evening seems to have gotten missed.  I'm ready to start playing again and am going to assume childhood opportunities count unless I hear otherwise.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #259 on: August 28, 2010, 12:03:17 PM »
This question from yesterday evening seems to have gotten missed.  I'm ready to start playing again and am going to assume childhood opportunities count unless I hear otherwise.

Sorry about that. I did miss it. I'm assuming that those school ones are under the umbrella of career opportunities? As long as they fall into one of the three opportunity categories, then there's no reason not to count them as part of your BlackOps opportunities. Let me know if childhood opportunities are in some special category. 

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #260 on: August 28, 2010, 12:17:51 PM »
Well, they aren't skill opportunities, career opportunities or community opportunities.  They are school opportunities.  You know - do X to increase your school performance.  Similar to career opportunities, but not.  That's why I thought I should ask.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Kaitlin9613

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #261 on: August 28, 2010, 12:33:29 PM »
I have one question about the skill requirement. If my Founder maxes Athletic for example, does that mean that my other Immortals can't max Athletic, period? Or can they max it, but it can't count as their SuperMax skill?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #262 on: August 28, 2010, 12:49:55 PM »
I have one question about the skill requirement. If my Founder maxes Athletic for example, does that mean that my other Immortals can't max Athletic, period? Or can they max it, but it can't count as their SuperMax skill?

Right. If your Founder maxes Athletic, then other immortals can also max Athletic, but not count it as their SuperMax skill.

Well, they aren't skill opportunities, career opportunities or community opportunities.  They are school opportunities.  You know - do X to increase your school performance.  Similar to career opportunities, but not.  That's why I thought I should ask.

I'm glad you did because in that case, I'm saying no to the childhood stuff. BlackOps have to come from one of the 3 main opportunity categories. Not that this challenge needs any more difficulty, but that way things do keep a little more tense in the later part of a Sim's life to get everything done.

EDIT: I just added BlackOps to the rule set so players reading it for the first time have some clue as to what that means.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
« Reply #263 on: August 28, 2010, 12:53:10 PM »
If you have other immortals max it though, then it can't be your founder's supermax skill either, because it won't be unique.

curlybennett

« Reply #264 on: August 28, 2010, 12:57:03 PM »
School oppurtunities appear in the career oppurtunities slot, so why aren't they counted as career oppurtunities?

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
« Reply #265 on: August 28, 2010, 12:59:30 PM »
Curly's right, they do.  If your child has an opportunity, it shows in one of the three opportunity slots.  I would think they would be allowed.  Doesn't matter too much though, because once one immortal does them, you can't use it again.  There aren't that many unique school opportunities.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #266 on: August 28, 2010, 12:59:46 PM »
School oppurtunities appear in the career oppurtunities slot, so why aren't they counted as career oppurtunities?

This is precisely what I needed to know, Schipperke. I have not played a child in a while, so I was not sure. So, if this is the case, then most definitely, you CAN count school opportunities because they're categorized as career.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #267 on: August 28, 2010, 01:02:11 PM »
I have a question about the Best Friends requirement.  I believe this was asked before, but I can't find it and don't want to reread the whole thread.  The question relates to who can be counted as Best Friends - specifically, can you count family members.  In James's charisma journal he is listed as having 4 Best Friends.  This does not include his wife and daughter, who are both in the Best Friend relationship range if you know what I am trying to say.  But I thought the response to the earlier post was that, unlike in the skill journal, family members could be counted for the Challenge requirement.    Does he need to go make two more Best Friends or can he count his wife and daughter as two Best Friends?  Please clarify.

By the way, Stony Falls, fully upgraded, pays 3650.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #268 on: August 28, 2010, 01:12:24 PM »
But I thought the response to the earlier post was that, unlike in the skill journal, family members could be counted for the Challenge requirement.    Does he need to go make two more Best Friends or can he count his wife and daughter as two Best Friends?  Please clarify.

Yes, as long as family members are listed in the Best Friend range in your relationships tab and as long as you're not doubling up family members across multiple immortals, then you're fine. For example, your Founder is Best Friends with his daughter (a future immortal I'm assuming). When it comes time for the daughter to eat Ambrosia for the first time, she cannot claim the Founder as a Best Friend for her own requirement.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #269 on: August 28, 2010, 01:23:37 PM »
Yes, as long as family members are listed in the Best Friend range in your relationships tab and as long as you're not doubling up family members across multiple immortals, then you're fine. For example, your Founder is Best Friends with his daughter (a future immortal I'm assuming). When it comes time for the daughter to eat Ambrosia for the first time, she cannot claim the Founder as a Best Friend for her own requirement.

That's great.  I am trying to keep his Charisma skill down, but it keeps rising.  I may have to give up on my plan to have Charisma as a SuperMax skill for a later generation.  With about a week and a half to go before aging up, James has completed all requirements for Ambrosia.