Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2941683 times)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #10485 on: April 16, 2017, 07:22:21 PM »
@Nevermore: Edit in CAS often resets the age bar so that's why we banned it. So no.

Depending on your stance on CC I know of some freckles/moles that are categorized as makeup instead.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven;
  • Townie
  • Always dreaming of a winter wonderland.
« Reply #10486 on: April 16, 2017, 07:30:26 PM »
Okay, I won't then. Makes sense. Thought I'd check so I don't end up failing just because I wanted freckles on a sim.

I can't use downloadable CC because my sims gameplay is on a laptop that is entirely offline. I did try downloading something on to my computer with internet, hoping to transfer over via USB key, but it didn't work. Because this computer doesn't have the programing it doesn't allow the files to be downloaded.

Good to know for future though. Thanks.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10487 on: April 16, 2017, 10:50:54 PM »
@Nevermore: Awww. Sorry to hear. :( Good luck anyways!

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven;
  • Townie
« Reply #10488 on: April 17, 2017, 02:06:48 AM »
It will be a little while before I can start, I have another sims project of my own going right now. I'm collecting all the info I can, so I will be ready for when I start.

I have another question;

After creating my first sim, I play for a day or two. I decide to adopt a child, not to be an heir. I just want to adopt the kid to handle the fishing side and paint all portraits of the founder. Then have my founder get hitched to a townie and have the heir. Could I do that, or would I have to wait until after the heir is born to adopt the child? The rules didn't go into detail on this, they just say that adopted sims can't be heirs.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #10489 on: April 17, 2017, 11:16:42 AM »
You can adopt the child first - I've done it in the past :D I've even adopted the 5 children first (as nooboos) to meet the 'surrounded by family' ltw and then had the founder get hitched ... probably to the offspring of the female (usually Aggie) brought in to be my slave in painting/sculpting/photography/other skills needed. Of course, your founder needs to be male in this case :D

You could even bring in the Alvi family, for example, marry the father, produce offspring with him, and have the kids be your skill slaves while you and daddy Alvi produces your heir.e

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10490 on: April 17, 2017, 12:45:11 PM »
your heir is the first child born to two parents who are both living in the dynasty house so adoptive and step kids don't count as heirs. just don't have any biological kids unless both parents are in the dynasty house.
generation 8 is another matter obviously. I LOVED doing my sims 3 immortal dynasty.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven;
  • Townie
« Reply #10491 on: April 17, 2017, 12:58:17 PM »
You can adopt the child first - I've done it in the past :D I've even adopted the 5 children first (as nooboos) to meet the 'surrounded by family' ltw and then had the founder get hitched ... probably to the offspring of the female (usually Aggie) brought in to be my slave in painting/sculpting/photography/other skills needed. Of course, your founder needs to be male in this case :D

You could even bring in the Alvi family, for example, marry the father, produce offspring with him, and have the kids be your skill slaves while you and daddy Alvi produces your heir.e

your heir is the first child born to two parents who are both living in the dynasty house so adoptive and step kids don't count as heirs. just don't have any biological kids unless both parents are in the dynasty house.
generation 8 is another matter obviously. I LOVED doing my sims 3 immortal dynasty.

Rachel

That's great that I can do that. I'm thinking of having my founder be an artist, have the sims spouse be someone who can do the gardening part to get life fruit. I just needed someone to paint my founder's portraits and fish. I didn't want to have Agnes move in. I never much cared for her as a sim. I started out playing the Goths, and used to move her in as well as the Bachelors to preserve the family tree. She would constantly flirt with Simis and wreck the marriage between him and Jocasta. Sometimes she would go after Gunther. I had to build a small apartment over the garage, and lock her out of the main house just to keep her away from the men. At least until they died of old age. Thankfully Michael didn't seem to like her.

Is it going to be a problem that I don't have Ambitions? I seriously can't seem to track that pack down, not through lack of trying on my part. It is always out of stock. I probably won't have an expansion pack combo with a game that has photography skill either. (My sims laptop can only handle two expansion packs at a time.) I planned on padding their museum out with the portraits and greeting card pics, possibly prom photos because I can't resist adding Generations for proper weddings.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10492 on: April 17, 2017, 04:07:11 PM »
@Nevermore it won't be a problem at all :)

sculptures and photos are optional items for the museum. All you need are the portrait of each immortal/to be immortal in the museum for toddler, child, teen, young adult, adult, elder for each of them, with the exception of the founder who can only have 3 - young adult, adult and elder.

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven;
  • Townie
« Reply #10493 on: April 18, 2017, 04:15:32 PM »
Good! I was a little worried there for a moment.

I have one last question; I seriously don't want to supermax cooking or use one of those food replicators. In like every save I have at least two sims end up supermaxing cooking to a point where I find it tedious. Under the condition that no one supermaxes cooking at all, could I just get all my immortals up to level 10 cooking, give them an ambrosia recipe to learn. Then when they qualify to eat ambrosia just give them the life fruit and death fish and let them cook it themselves?

Also, I like open plan kitchens and dining rooms, I don't want to lock all my sims out of the kitchen then have to keep switching to the "chef" sim to make sure they eat proper food and don't gain cooking skill points.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10494 on: April 18, 2017, 06:35:41 PM »
I did a dynasty where everybody maxed the cooking skill so it's perfectly fine to do it that way. Although making sure you have a large supply of death fish and life fruit can be difficult towards the end but again more than possible. I did it that way in my first dynasty. I did find it easier to use a replicator.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #10495 on: April 19, 2017, 10:22:13 AM »
Does anyone know of anyway to encourage opportunities to pop up? My first gen is an adult and has only completed one so far. She's supermaxed gardening without any of the usual opportunities popping up which is annoying.

I'm playing with a couple of NRAAS mods, but that shouldn't affect the opportunities as far as I know. It's obviously not going to be an official Dynasty either way, but I would like to get all requirements done.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10496 on: April 19, 2017, 11:17:29 AM »
@amyrose: any other skills she can acquire? I've been seeing complaints about gardening ops...man I miss the days when I could say "maybe it'll be fixed next patch".

Unless you have ITF. Then a lot of your chances for skill ops are out the window. :-\

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #10497 on: April 19, 2017, 01:51:35 PM »
She has also just maxed cooking for Ambrosia. I don't have ITF installed. Hopefully cooking will spawn some opportunities soon then  :)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10498 on: April 19, 2017, 08:22:18 PM »
Strangely enough, gardening ops are spawning for my helpers. My angler got some fishing ops, but my sculptor still hasn't received a single sculpting op. He did get business ops however once he started in that career. My sculptor also picked up the take a painting to China op.

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #10499 on: April 20, 2017, 05:38:00 AM »
Funnily enough, after I replied to Trip the Uncommonly Good gardening opp came up! It was either the power of this forum, or the factory reset I did because the game was laggy. Take your pick  ;D