Author Topic: You know you've played too much Sims when..  (Read 434361 times)

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: You know you've played too much Sims when..
« Reply #1305 on: January 11, 2014, 04:06:22 PM »
When you are playing another videogame and wonder "Hmm, how can I recreate this character in Sims? What would be his/her traits, and how would I best match his/her outfit?"

My last two days... :P

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
  • Call me Sadie :)
« Reply #1306 on: January 11, 2014, 04:21:33 PM »
When you tell your friend(who plays sims a little bit) that your sim's dad passed away, and she doesn't realize it's sims until you tell her.

Also, when you start standing up for your sims when your parent's tell you they aren't real . . .  ::) they are  :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sharktopus

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1307 on: January 11, 2014, 04:27:19 PM »
when even though you turn the sound off, the loading screen music is playing in your head.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #1308 on: January 16, 2014, 07:20:51 PM »
ummm when you have -Sims3 as an ending to your user name in your normal internet relay chat (IRC) chatroom and others there type something along the lines of "well we know that Dek won't be responding to anything in here for the next day", or the greeting you get when entering said IRC chatroom is "Hi Dek, how are you going with the Sims?"

also

when you talk about something that's happened or that you've seen, to family/friends who know you play the sims, and they ask "Did this happen to you or to your sims?"

and

when you get overly excited because Into The Future has a clothing option for YA/A that kind of look like a Star Fleet uniform and you use that option for a sim in a Sims 3 challenge and call the sim Montgommery Scott.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #1309 on: January 16, 2014, 07:46:29 PM »
When your friend is saying that your other friend needs to get over her obsession of Supernatural, and get obsessed with sims, since it's healthier. (I talk about sims a lot with him) And you look at him and say, 'having an addiction to sims is not healthier. It's awesomer, but NOT healthier. You wouldn't understand.'

Offline linmayu

• Townie
  • Founding Member of the Arlo Bunch Fan Club
    • What Happens In Twinbrook Stays In Twinbrook
« Reply #1310 on: January 16, 2014, 09:27:41 PM »
So today I completely disappointed my mom because of Sims.  I was at her house and one of my sisters (both of them are also Sims addicts) called.  We started talking about sims as per usual, and I was telling my sister about how one of my sims had 8 kids with Leighton Sekemoto because they both had the fertility treatment.  My mom heard the words "fertility treatment" and got all excited (we are all more than halfway to Adult, single and childfree by choice and Mom wants grandkids).  I felt a little sad to tell her what was actually going on...

Offline blc1977

• Avid Simmer
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1311 on: January 17, 2014, 05:31:03 PM »
When you're out driving around, and see a house or two that you really like and wonder if you can re-create the house(s) (without seeing what the inside looks like) in your Sim's World  :P (believe me, I have been guilty for that from time to time lol)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Crazylittleloon

• Occult
  • Ruining your childhood since 1995
« Reply #1312 on: January 19, 2014, 03:14:51 PM »
When you're out driving around, and see a house or two that you really like and wonder if you can re-create the house(s) (without seeing what the inside looks like) in your Sim's World  :P (believe me, I have been guilty for that from time to time lol)

Oh go I'm not the only one.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #1313 on: January 20, 2014, 03:33:07 AM »
When you dream about something funny happening in Sims (I think there was a townie with the same first and second name) and you plan on posting it in weird posts thread then you realise that it didn't actually happen, it just happened in the dream  :P

That's not the first dream I've had about Sims, though. I once dreamt that you could get full sized dragons that actually took up a place in the household like a cat, dog or horse and in the dream my Sims had two of these dragons (a green one and a purple one) and the were so laggy and glitchy. I'm so pleased that EA decided to go for baby dragons when they made Dragon Valley.  :P
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #1314 on: January 20, 2014, 09:58:00 AM »
When I was playing TS3 and Fallout 3 I dreamed that my sims were wandering a post- apocalyptic wasteland carrying laser weapons. It was actually pretty cool.

Offline Mitio

• Nooboo
« Reply #1315 on: January 20, 2014, 02:21:17 PM »
When you start classifying people's behavior into five key traits. And when you look at people talking in the distance and try to guess what kind of bubbles should be hanging above their heads.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #1316 on: January 20, 2014, 04:13:14 PM »
When scroll up this thread and see you've posted five, now six times.

Offline blc1977

• Avid Simmer
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1317 on: January 20, 2014, 10:24:50 PM »
Oh go I'm not the only one.

I AM GLAD I'm not the only one  :P

Offline Makenziegma

• Townie
« Reply #1318 on: January 21, 2014, 12:42:42 AM »
I think I've played a lifetime of too much Sims when I am reading these responses to my son, who is now a father himself, and he reminds me how when he was younger he used to tell me how tired he was by his energy bar level, and how he used to talk to me about categorizing people by (according to Sims 2) which was their major aspiration... riches, people, knowledge, etc. This included him classifying me as family while his father was knowledge.        Second, reminding me that when he was young and we would go to GameStop I had earned the nickname Sim Lady and the store would save their demos for me when I came in since I was such a frequent customer.     3) Reminding me how when he thought his sims were going to die.... back in Sims and Sims 2 this happened much more frequently, he would yell for me to go onto the computer and rescue his sims....lol.     However, that is why I expected to compete well at Sims 3 challenges and find my performance much more mediocre than I expected...lol.