Author Topic: You know you've played too much Sims when..  (Read 434154 times)

Offline Steellace

• Townie
Re: You know you've played too much Sims when..
« Reply #1425 on: July 30, 2014, 12:41:40 PM »
We have a small bedroom that is as wide as a normal bed is long (with headboard).  One of my sons moved into it yesterday with his Queen sized bed.  He put it against the back wall sideways so that its length fills the width of the room.  He has just one side he can get onto the bed, and the door opens at the head.  The whole time we were discussing how to put the bed, I kept thinking that he couldn't put the bed in there because he needed to be able to access both sides to twirl before getting in and that the door would block his ability to twirl on the one side open.  He couldn't figure out why I thought it wouldn't work, and when I realized I was envisioning him twirling like a sim, I just left.  :D

Offline strongsoylatte

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1426 on: August 01, 2014, 12:54:01 AM »
I was reading a book where a character was pregnant and wanted a girl. My first thought was to just eat lots of watermelons.

My cousin is pregnant now and she said they're hoping for a boy and I immediately told her to eat apples. I only realized that this is not a real life thing when she asked where I got that from. I just told her I can't remember.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #1427 on: August 04, 2014, 08:37:14 PM »
I walked past my cat on the bed this morning, got a shirt out of the closet, and when I turned around he was in the exact same pose, but 180 degrees the other way.  I immediately said to my husband, "It's like we were just paused, build mode with moveobjects on was enabled, he was turned around, and we were unpaused.  It looks like he didn't even move!"  He laughed at me.

Offline symphonicanima

• Nova Salerix
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Origin ID: symphonicanima
« Reply #1428 on: August 04, 2014, 08:41:06 PM »
I've been dealing with wisdom teeth removal in the past few days, and when deliriously talking to my friends on Skype while on my painkillers, asked for a call because "my social bar is going down insanely please help". When I woke up again and reread what I said I started laughing.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #1429 on: August 04, 2014, 10:29:30 PM »
I was at Bible study and we were discussing what would happen if God did not create us with freewill. I surmised that it would be an awful lot of work for him to micro-manage the lives of billions of people - based on free will settings for the sims :D

Offline kaylas

• Amateur Food Blogger and Gamer Girl!
  • Townie
« Reply #1430 on: August 04, 2014, 10:51:29 PM »
You know you've played too much when you introduce the game to your younger sister and father. And for a change you all have something to talk about!
Traits: Natural Cook, Animal Lover, Computer Whiz, Bookworm, Friendly, Ambitious (From University Degree: Science and Medicine)

Offline sawadaWiz

• Llama Wrangler
  • Don't look at me
« Reply #1431 on: August 06, 2014, 01:04:37 AM »
When you get attached to Showtime singer career's songs like One More Grey Day etc, and even googling its lyrics, to the point that you sing it often. Well, I think this is awkward.
Then you give traits to every people you know based on how you think of them and sort them by relationship value.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #1432 on: August 09, 2014, 04:50:15 PM »
We were driving along the motorway yesterday and out the window I saw a Toyota Prius Hybrid in white and my first thought was "I have that in my game!".
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #1433 on: August 11, 2014, 07:42:37 PM »
You dream that you are strolling through Bridgeport taking in the city atmosphere, standing on top of your apartment building taking photos of the sunset and the water. The vampires are not so friendly at nighttime though, and you find yourself running away from a vampire and thinking that there is no way that you will get away because vampires are super fast. Luckily a heavy blanket of fog rolls in concealing you and you bury yourself in the sand up to your nose to hide. Haha written like that it sounds like an adventure text from exploring a mined hole.

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #1434 on: August 11, 2014, 10:56:18 PM »
We were driving along the motorway yesterday and out the window I saw a Toyota Prius Hybrid in white and my first thought was "I have that in my game!".

Whenever I see a Prius, my first thought is "That is not a car, it is a lunchbox!"

Thank you Jeff Dunham... -_-

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #1435 on: August 12, 2014, 01:50:41 PM »
Lol about the Prius. :P

It's hot in Denver, somewhere in the nineties Fahrenheit... and I found myself wishing I had the Loves the Heat trait so I wouldn't be so miserable. :P I'm just glad that, unlike the Sims, I'm unlikely to catch on fire.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #1436 on: August 12, 2014, 07:45:21 PM »
My husband has been a chiropractor for almost 40 years and I work in his clinic mostly doing accounting and insurance. A lot of patients have the same names as townies and I need to bite my tongue to stop from asking if they are related to Christopher Steel, for example. I won't give a first name, but we have a patient ---- A. Sims.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1437 on: August 14, 2014, 03:30:14 AM »
I have a neighbor who trains dogs for a job, obedience training etc. Well yesterday she was telling a funny story about a dog she was currently training and I said "ohh, I know what you mean, when I was training my dog..", and then I realised that I was talking about my sims dog  :-[  I quickly said that I had owned this dog before I was married and changed the subject... I still can't believe I did that! Talk about super, super embarrasing  :-[
I've spent way too long within my digital world <sigh>
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline horselover3388

• Nooboo
« Reply #1438 on: August 31, 2014, 02:30:27 AM »
When you wonder why your house's bills aren't only $300. :'(

Offline strongsoylatte

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1439 on: September 02, 2014, 01:39:50 AM »
I was meeting a friend for brunch earlier. I was a bit early so I just sat at the restaurant, waiting. I was looking around the place and my immediate thought was, "This would be a very efficient Sims home" and proceeded to mentally design the layout. By the time my friend arrived, I've created 2 versions in my head. One is a starter family home and another is a bachelor pad.