Author Topic: Third Time's the Charm: Chapter 67- The End!/Heir Recap (Jan 20)-COMPLETE!  (Read 102185 times)

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: Third Time's the Charm: Chapter 8- I Spy (May 31)
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2015, 02:30:26 PM »
I agree Palmira is pretty,and Insane isn't the worst trait possible right? It can cause some pretty funny interactions.

Yes, Palmira was certainly interesting to watch at some points. She would talk to herself and sometimes pretend that her hand was attacking her  :o That household was interesting, for sure.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: Third Time's the Charm: Chapter 8- I Spy (May 31)
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2015, 07:17:55 PM »
Chapter 9- Burrito Baby

Welcome back to yet another installment of Third Time's the Charm. We find Palmira playing with chemicals. Why is that big news? Well, we heard chimes last night so she is following in Rei's footsteps by playing with chemicals while pregnant. Yeah, totally safe.

Palmira: I'm glad we agree.
Malley:  :o

That night, Palmira woke up feeling slightly uncomfortable. Was it because she wore high heels to bed? Nope. We found out that the second heir is on the way!

She broke the news to Mahogany, who was so excited that he could only muster a thumbs up response. What a great reaction.

Nothing exciting happened during Palmira's pregnancy. She worked with the chemistry set. Mahogany worked at the science center. Palmira's daddy, Teodor, worked on his culinary skill so that he could become the tombstone complete his lifetime wish. Since that was the case, the days flew by and it was soon time to bring in the second heir.

Mahogany did what every responsible husband should do in this situation and panicked and shouted about the baby coming. Good work, Mahogany. Seriously, way to keep cool under pressure.

After letting his pregnant wife drive him driving to the hospital, Palmira was further helped by her mother-in-law. Rei stood there and watched as Palmira waddled up to the hospital doors. Oh, wait, I forgot; she waved too.

Thankfully, the hospital staff was much more attentive to our mommy to be, and we successfully welcomed the second heir into the dynasty. Meet Poppy, who is Easily Impressed and Friendly.

Poppy's favorite color is purple, which completely clashes with the orange theme for this household. That being said, I tried to make it work.

Teodor was extremely excited to be a grandfather. He was already an elder when Mahogany moved in so he was running on borrowed time I suppose.

Palmira and Mahogany were both close to aging up into elders at this point as well, so I had to remedy the situation. Those two needed to be around for a long while.

The burrito baby days were also uneventful so let's fast forward to the birthday party for little Poppy. Mahogany invited the family over, including Brick, Rei, Harley, and Palmira's half brother, Ben. Brick was really happy to see his sort of brother.

The boys reunited with a giant bear hug and almost got knocked into the pool when the door was pushed open by one of the guests.

Clad in her bikini in a sea of formal attire, Palmira brought little Poppy up to the cake. I was really looking forward to seeing what she looked like.

TOO CUTE.

Poppy is practically all Palmira, but the hair comes from Rei since it's a little darker than Palmira's. Either way, Poppy is such a cutie pie and is gorgeous when she grows up. The best part? She is not a pudding face!

Palmira whisked Poppy upstairs to start on potty training while Mahogany hung out with his Dad and brother. Rei ignored everyone and played on the computer in Teodor's room. I guess she wasn't ready for the whole grandma thing yet.

Teodor, on the other hand, jumped right into the grandparent role. When Palmira and Mahogany were busy, Teodor took over the toddler training.

Teodor: When I was young, a nickel would buy you a newspaper. And a quarter would buy you groceries for a week.
Poppy: *thinking* Sure, Grandpa.

After a little prodding, Poppy started talking.

Teodor went off to work, so Mahogany took over working with Poppy. She already had talking and potty training down, so what's left was learning how to walk. Mahogany decided that the best place to teach his daughter how to walk was in a puddle in the kitchen after repairing the broken sink.

And here is some Poppy cuteness because, let's face it, this kid is adorable.

Ta ta for now!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ry3219

• Nooboo
Re: Third Time's the Charm: Chapter 9- Burrito Baby (June 4)
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2015, 08:43:43 PM »
I just love your sarcasm when writing the chapters, it is so funny! Mahogany seems like such a dependable husband and someone you want to be stuck with in a crisis situation.......  ;)   Great chapter I can not wait until another one!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2015, 09:43:06 PM »
They always pick the best spots to teach the toddlers. In front of a fuming green potty is usually a favorite.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2015, 04:06:12 PM »
I just love your sarcasm when writing the chapters, it is so funny! Mahogany seems like such a dependable husband and someone you want to be stuck with in a crisis situation.......  ;)   Great chapter I can not wait until another one!

Apparently, our sarcasm is hilarious. Didn't someone write that in your yearbook this year?

They always pick the best spots to teach the toddlers. In front of a fuming green potty is usually a favorite.

Sims seriously make the best parents  :o

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2015, 11:24:34 AM »
Catching up with this dynasty. Excellent! Beautiful sims!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2015, 01:33:06 PM »
Chapter 10- Shock Face

Greetings from the Matsuri-Greenwood DecaDynasty. Today, we begin with Palmira standing in the kitchen ranting about something while on her soapbox.

Malley: What's up Palmira?
Palmira: *shouting incoherently with megaphone*
Malley: ...alright, good talk. Good talk.

Back in the world of sanity and coherency, Mahogany is being a good daddy and playing with Poppy. This is the obligatory attack of the claw shot because that is always adorable. Mahogany, however, doesn't look shocked as much as confused...

Ah. There it is, Mahogany's shocked face. And what is the reason for it?

Palmira: TEDDY BEARS!
Mahogany: OMG

For those who may not speak Insane sim, yep, Palmira is pregnant once again. They both rolled a wish for a second child, so wish granted. Poppy was enjoying the rest of her time that she would have being the center of her parents' attention before her sibling came and she grew up into a child and was off to school.

The next few days flew by because, essentially, nothing exciting happened. Teodor worked and played with Poppy. Mahogany worked. Palmira worked on her skills. So, let's skip ahead to the birth of the newest member of the Matsuri-Medina family.

Palmira decided that it would be a wonderful idea to give birth to her son in front of Poppy. Yeah, that's not going to scar her at all.

In any case, welcome to Persimmon!

There were even more celebrations in the household. Poppy's child birthday was the next day and Mahogany brought his daughter up to the cake.

She actually aged up pretty well put together, surprisingly.

However, her name is Poppy and not Cherry. Cherry was an heir in my Jolina dynasty. So, to the dresser!

Poppy gained the Loves the Outdoors trait.

Since little miss Poppy needed to get on the honor roll for her requirements, Palmira sat down on the kitchen floor with her and tutored her before she began school the next day.

Palmira: So, the answer to that question is Pie.
Poppy: But, Mom, we're not even doing math. And it's spelled Pi, not pie.
Palmira: Oh, I know. I just really want some pie.

What? Another birthday? Yep. Persimmon's burrito days couldn't go by fast enough flew by and it was time to see what this little pumpkin would look like.

Too cute is what he is! Persimmon got Palmira's hair and Mahogany's eyes, which stem back from Harley. Adorable.

That's it for this edition. Until next time. Toodles!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: Third Time's the Charm: Chapter 10- Shock Face (June 11)
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2015, 02:12:18 PM »
The children are adorable, and I find a charismatic sibling to be very useful in the decadynasty.

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2015, 07:26:54 PM »
I love the name Persimmon!

How do you decide which color use in every house?

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2015, 08:04:28 PM »
The children are adorable, and I find a charismatic sibling to be very useful in the decadynasty.

Oh yes, the siblings are so helpful in this dynasty, for sure! So far, there is at least one sibling for every household so far. They all turn out pretty cool, too.

I love the name Persimmon!

How do you decide which color use in every house?

In my first decadynasty, I selected colors at random because I really didn't know what colors to select. For this dynasty, I am being boring and just going in rainbow order. Obviously, there is going to be more houses than colors in the rainbow, so that will be randomly selected when I get there of course. Right now, I am only on house 4, so a long way to go still  :)

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2015, 01:13:49 PM »
Chapter 11- Just Kidding

Greetings from the Matsuri Greenwood DecaDynasty. This update begins with Teodor being a doting grandpa and teaching little Persimmon how to use the potty.

He also taught Persimmon how to talk.

Teodor: Apparently, I am destined to become a tombstone for the dynasty. You know, so your sister could move out one day and leave us all behind...

Great, Teodor. Give your grandson nightmares. If he wakes up in the middle of the night screaming bloody murder, you get to take care of him.

It was Mahogany to the rescue. He took Persimmon outside to learn how to walk. Much better than learning to walk in a puddle.

Poppy was getting to enjoy her childhood by playing on the newly installed playground in the backyard. She wasn't going to be able to start her supermax until her teen years, so she only had to focus on getting on the honor roll. With Palmira's tutoring, that was in the bag within a couple days.

One of the things that was installed in the backyard was a brand new sandbox. And who was the first person to try it out? Not the child, of course, but her father.

Poppy: OMG, Dad, you're so embarrassing...

Mahogany finally learned to share and invited his daughter to play in the sandbox with him.

It was a good thing because it was soon time for Poppy's teen birthday and I'm not sure if she would want to be seen playing in a sandbox with her father.

Here is teenage Poppy. She is super pretty but kind of boney. At least looking like a bean pole is appropriate for someone who is destined to supermax gardening. She also gained the Green Thumb trait for this birthday.

Speaking of gardening, after sorting out her wardrobe, Poppy went out to tend to the garden that Teodor started for her.

Persimmon was finished with all of his skills while his big sister was just beginning on hers. Since that was the case, he got to enjoy some fun time with his little doll.

SO CUTE

Until Teodor kicked the bucket For now, Poppy and Persimmon were sharing a room. She was a great big sister to her little brother.

*Camera pans over to Teodor*
Malley: Wait, Teodor? I was kidding about kicking the bucket! You were kidding about becoming a gravestone!

I guess Teodor wasn't kidding.

Teodor: Please, Mr. Scary Grim Reaper Guy, I was just joking about becoming a gravestone with my grandson earlier. No hard feelings, right?

Well, Grim wasn't having any of Teodor's pleas. Either that or he had headphones on and couldn't hear anything that Teodor was saying. Yeah, probably the latter.

RIP, Teodor Medina, aged 94.

Back at home, things were brightened up when Persimmon had his child birthday.

Here is Persimmon as a child. Like his sister, his favorite color, which is blue, clashes against orange, which is the theme for this house. You guys can't make it easy on me, can you?

Persimmon: Then it wouldn't be called a decadynasty challenge.
Malley:  :o

My general rule for spares is that I am rolling traits. I rolled them for Brick, so I decided to keep up this rule for the rest of the dynasty. At least until I decide to break it for some reason. Anyhoo, Persimmon gained the Athletic trait, which joins the Brave and Friendly traits that he already had.

That's all for now. Until next time  ;D

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
Re: Third Time's the Charm: Chapter 11- Just Kidding (June 14)
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2015, 02:05:58 PM »
Good traits for Persimmon despite being rolled.

RIP Teodor, your death is unfortunately necessary.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2015, 02:25:20 PM »
Good traits for Persimmon despite being rolled.

RIP Teodor, your death is unfortunately necessary.

The spares turn out pretty great in each of the households. I especially like the spare in the next house. (S)he is pretty awesome.

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2015, 03:07:09 PM »
I'm so happy to see another one of your dynasties! I still have a lot of them to catch up with, but I'm loving this one. Your naming theme is adorable!
My TS3 Dynasty: Avilla TDD